PDA

View Full Version : The Final Trailer

JonathanLB
Nov 16th, 2001, 06:55:27 AM
At the current rate we are getting trailers for AOTC, the entire film should be available by February in trailer format ;)

darth_mcbain
Nov 16th, 2001, 01:17:39 PM
You know, I was just thinking the same thing... I hope that after this there are no more until maybe right before the release, like April. The previews up until now (at least the first two - haven't seen the most recent - ARG) have whet my appetite, but any more would be too much - I want to be surprised at the movie, not be like "Oh - seen that. Seen that too..."

JonathanLB
Nov 16th, 2001, 02:47:38 PM
One more trailer in March or April, that is it. That's all I would want. If there are more, yes I will see them, but darnit we have enough already :)

Darth23
Nov 17th, 2001, 03:37:23 AM
Just don't watch the trailers over and over again in slo-mo.

And DON'T convert them to mpeg and burn a VCD so that you can watch them on the regular tv in your dvd player....

doh!

:p

darth_mcbain
Feb 20th, 2002, 10:52:23 AM
Well, February is here - still no full movie in trailer form... :( oh wait - :) I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad on that one!

Actually, I'm happy - I'd rather get the full viewing in May instead of getting most of the movie piecemeal from trailers...

JMK
Feb 20th, 2002, 02:25:03 PM
Oh, of course I'd MUCH rather wait. I've been enjoying this 3 year wait, as tough as its been. I'm always ranting about how tough it's going to be 3 years from now when we're all sitting around knowing that the last new star wars movie is on it's way. I'm trying to enjoy it while it's here.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 20th, 2002, 02:42:58 PM
LOL but the good news is we should get the last trailer in less than a month.

Jedieb
Feb 20th, 2002, 03:39:47 PM
The last I heard the trailer was suppose to premiere with the CGI cartoon Ice Age. Has anyone heard anything different? Just when does Ice Age open anyway?

darth_mcbain
Feb 20th, 2002, 03:45:09 PM
According to IMDB, March 15. That would put the release of the trailer (if it is there) almost exactly 2 months before the release.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 20th, 2002, 07:19:28 PM
I haven't heard anything recently about it, though Ice Age makes perfect since becasue it is a Fox film and they would love to promote it with the SW trailer on it. It is the film that makes the most since that month toher than that one there is only The Time Machine and E.T Special edition that would make since otherwise.

JMK
Feb 20th, 2002, 07:37:15 PM
I think Ice Age is going to get it. Is there a good reason why is wouldn't? It's fox, it's relatively the same audience that will see Star Wars, so why not?

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 20th, 2002, 07:41:43 PM
Looks like cinescape just answered are question
According to a piece in Variety on the exhibition contracts being hammered out between Lucasfilm and theaters around the country for STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES, the new preview for the film could be out as early as the first week of March.

“Lucasfilm and [Twentieth Century] Fox execs are also widely expected to unveil a new trailer at some point during ShoWest,” the paper said. ShoWest is a theater owners convention that runs from March 4 thru March 7.

There is some precidnet, TPM's last trailer was shown at ShoWest and was available on the official site the next day. So if this story is legit that means the trailer will be released with The Time Machine which opens on the 8th, now I have to like that decision because I already know I am going to see the Time Machine :) Probably too keep Fox happy they will put it on Ice Age to but that is just a guess.
But I found this from theforce.net archives
It deals with how the trailer was release at the theaters owneres convention on March 12 1999 and they had this to say about Fox.

Though Fox would have liked to have the new ""Phantom Menace'' clip attached to its current space action adventure, ""Wing Commander,'' according to sources, Lucasfilm objected to the trailer being attached solely to the CD-ROM game turned feature and asked Fox to send it out independently.

Looks like Fox didn't gets way then and probably won't now.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 20th, 2002, 11:27:18 PM
I decided to change the title for three reasons, One the topic had kind of changed, two I figure it would attract more discussion, and three if lasts till March it would look funny:P I also don't want to make a new one later so I figure this is one would work better than the rest. Okay since thats out of the way what does every one think now does The Time Machine look to be the favorite to get the last trailer? If it does premier at shoWest I think it will or at least it will be in movie theaters that weekend, The Time Machine will probably get most of them since that is the biggest film of that weekend.

Hart
Feb 23rd, 2002, 11:24:05 PM
I hope the trailer is better than the others. I was sorta disappointed with them, especially when I see all of the AWESOME trailers popping up nowadays.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 23rd, 2002, 11:31:40 PM
I liked two of them, the first one really doesn't count, because it didn't show anything and was really just a teaser. The Mystery trailer on the DVD was great but short, I liked the last one Forbidden Love (though I imagine some didn't because of the love story angle) the last half of it I thought was amazing especially all the shots of Jango and Slave One, I can't wait to see Slave one actually do something in a SW movie.

darth_mcbain
Feb 25th, 2002, 09:33:43 AM
Originally posted by Hart
I hope the trailer is better than the others. I was sorta disappointed with them, especially when I see all of the AWESOME trailers popping up nowadays.

I would disagree. I found all the trailers so far to be amazing. What I hate about most trailers nowadays is that they are so much eye candy, yet when you see the film, it doesn't really follow through. They can make the trailer look so good and flashy, but the movie could be a total bomb. With these, I thought the trailer was really good, and I get the feeling that GL will be able to pull through and deliver on the actual movie.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 25th, 2002, 01:05:40 PM
I agree with you Darth, the trailers, I think have been great hopefully the last one will be like the rest. Though I am still hope to see more of Mace in action at least a tease of what he will do in EP 2.

JMK
Feb 25th, 2002, 11:16:31 PM
I think GL has saved his best for this final trailer.

darth_mcbain
Feb 26th, 2002, 10:46:26 AM
According the an article on theforce, the final trailer is finished!!! It also gives the exact opening date of 5/16/2002... We are getting into the final stretch here!!!

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=14522

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 26th, 2002, 01:21:24 PM
Yeah I saw that they also had a story that it was going to be shown to European theater owners on Feb 28, I am guessing it will be shown to ShoWest not long after that and then it will be released to us either Thursday the 7 or Friday the 8th for download and will probably be in theaters on the 8th most likely with The Time Machine since its biggest movie opening that weekend.

JMK
Feb 26th, 2002, 02:36:58 PM
Correction - whatever the new trailer is released with will be the biggest movie! :D

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 26th, 2002, 02:41:20 PM
LOL and your right it would be a huge boost to that movie. You think the Time Machine could get a huge boost from the trailer? I think it would IMO, but heck it will probably be big anyway I bet it will make 30+ opening weekend and if the trailer is on it maybe 35-40.

darth_mcbain
Feb 28th, 2002, 10:45:46 AM
http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,213487~1~0~asneakpeekat,00.html

Apparently we're going to get the trailer March 10 on Fox!!! It will also be attached to Ice Age and maybe some other movies shortly thereafter!!! Set your VCRs everyone!!!

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 28th, 2002, 01:51:57 PM
I just read that I wonder if it will be available to download before or after Sunday? I am guessing they will release it on Friday but that is guess since they are doing this with Fox we might not be able to download it until Monday, I guess we will have to wait to find out. Also did you see that shot of Mace? here is the photo if you would like to see it

http://i.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/020227/165956__star_l.jpg

darth_mcbain
Feb 28th, 2002, 02:00:03 PM
That is a kick-@ss pic of Mace, and I guess it confirms his saber color as purple...

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 28th, 2002, 02:25:26 PM
Yeah it I wonder who is starring at? Yes and it does confirm that Mace's lightsaber is purple or violet take your pick.

JMK
Feb 28th, 2002, 02:32:11 PM
That's a cool pic! I can't wait to see how well he actually moves, because you just KNOW that he's going to have the kick-@ss attitude. His roles as Jules and Shaft are proof of that! :crack

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 28th, 2002, 02:35:33 PM
I think so too, I think he will have the fight of the movie, I saw some of behind the scenes stuff on Access Hollywood last night and he looked really cool.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 28th, 2002, 04:12:31 PM
There is a report on theforce.net about someone who saw the trailer at the European Summit (mostly for theater owners) he said
The report is that trailer was well received by all in attendance and actually received an applause, both times that it was shown. This is incredible when you think that majority of the people there were non-fans and business people.
All the Milky Bar Kid would say was "We did get to see the much anticipated new trailer....twice! all I will say is that it is excellent. Nobody will be disappointed with it, you cannot compare it at all to the 'breathing' and 'Forbidden Love' trailers. They were teasers, this is the full finished trailer. It's cram packed with lots to get people really excited, including plenty of very cool blink and you miss it fan stuff. In my opinion its quite simply the best trailer I've ever seen ever...... Anybody who see's it will soon be itching to see the movie.... talk about cool, it ROCKS

The rest of it is on Rebel Scum here is the link if you are interested.
http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=7832

darth_mcbain
Feb 28th, 2002, 04:53:47 PM
Originally posted by JMK
That's a cool pic! I can't wait to see how well he actually moves, because you just KNOW that he's going to have the kick-@ss attitude. His roles as Jules and Shaft are proof of that! :crack

That would be pretty funny if they put in a Pulp Fiction reference and had the words "Bad mutha..." written on his saber (only visible on a screen-by-screen analysis... :lol) Not going to happen of course...

Yeah, I want to see his moves - he's supposed to be the second baddest Jedi, so he's got to have some serious moves to back that up.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 28th, 2002, 10:40:42 PM
Well its official here is from SW.com

The full trailer for Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones will soon arrive in theaters and starwars.com, but the world will get its first look at the two-and-a-half-minutes of brand new footage Sunday, March 10 on FOX television.
Shown in its entirety the full trailer, titled "Clone War," will air between original episodes of "Malcom in the Middle" (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) and "The X-Files" (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). The trailer will make its big screen debut with Ice Age beginning Friday, March 15.
I guess it will be available to downloaded on Monday the 11th.

JMK
Feb 28th, 2002, 11:46:21 PM
Guess where I'll be on march 10th! With the VCR at the ready!:crack

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 1st, 2002, 01:42:49 AM
I guess will be taping it too I guess I will have to watch a little bit of Malcolm in the Middle just to get it.

JMK
Mar 1st, 2002, 08:00:21 AM
I know, that's the sad part. I hate that bloody show!

darth_mcbain
Mar 1st, 2002, 10:45:19 AM
Yeah, I 'm not a major fan of either of those shows, but it will be well worth it to catch the new trailer!!!

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 1st, 2002, 01:18:13 PM
I agree it is worth it. Not sure if anybody if anybody else heard the news but the trailer will be shown at ShoWest this coming Tuesday, so it would seem that the trailer description will be all over the net before it comes on TV, if you wanted to find it. It is funny theforce.net with all their spies still don't have it. With the last trailer they had 2 or 3 weeks in advanced and now we are 9 days from the last one and they still don't have it up, I'm guessing though that Lucas has clamped down on security with it, otherwise I would think they would have it.

JMK
Mar 1st, 2002, 05:37:58 PM
I guess when GL really wants to keep something under wraps, he can!

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:01:26 AM
Its also a brilliant strategy because Lucas can get more people to watch it on TV (especially if Fox hypes it up which I am certain they will) he could get anywhere from 25-40 million viewers vs what he could get at the box office (which he will get anyway) plus the downloads, different entertainment shows (ET, Access Hollywood, etc), I am also sure Fox is very happy probably will get their highest ratings since the Super Bowl.

JMK
Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:30:01 AM
True, if they start promoting it now. Otherwise I think alot of people will just be plesantly surprised after Malcolm.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:41:15 AM
I bet Fox will start promoting it this coming Sunday and then probably once or so every day (they need ratings badly especially for the X-Files) I would be surprised if they didn't promote it.

ReaperFett
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:15:58 AM
Wonder if they'll bother with the rest of the world

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:35:44 AM
Well at the very least I would think it will be available on the net by somebody right after it comes on TV, I am sure Lucas will have to release on the site pretty quick other wise there will be bootlegs everywhere, I am think by midnight EST on the 11th it will be made available.

JMK
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:55:32 PM
I think it will be ready even quicker than that. Monday during the day I'd expect to see it if I wanted to avoid bootleg problems.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:28:22 PM
I was about to say, wait for the trailer to come out on the P2P networks, as it no doubt will. The last times, I was able to download the other trailers within 3 hours of their release.

March 10, that makes it March 11 for me..... Okay.

There is an unstansiated rumour that the AOTC trailer will also be attached to the re-release of Lord of The Rings, with IT'S new trailer.

ReaperFett
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:03:09 PM
I've heard there wont be a LOTR trailer yet, its an entire scene

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:13:46 PM
http://www.theonering.net/rumour_mill/rpg/viewer/main/3C71A4BF00032A75.html

Best info anyone really has. 3.5 minutes and it is a trailer.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:40:24 PM
Haven't heard that rumor about it being attached to the re-release of FOTR but it would make since.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 5th, 2002, 01:12:23 PM
Well sometime tonight the trailer is suppose to be revealled to ShoWest in Las Vegas, too bad I am not there to see it :( I also read on theforce.net that we might be getting the final poster soon, they are suppose to show it off today at ShoWest so I bet they will release sometime this week, probably Friday.

JMK
Mar 5th, 2002, 04:53:38 PM
I can't wait to see what the new poster looks like! Is there anything more beautiful than a Star Wars poster?