PDA

View Full Version : E News daily

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 16th, 2001, 12:13:48 AM
This was on E today not much new except for one thing
Tracer sends this report on the E! Daily News segment:

Here's a complete description of what was on E! news tonight.
The next TV guide issue features a special interview with George.

Here are some quotes from the show:

"The movie will be darker than Episode 1. Episode 3 will be darker still. Episode three will be darker still."

"Episode three, I believe, is written... and some shots have already been filmed for episode three."

"Lucas reports that he shot additional scenes for the original films."

"They will be used to insert into the first three movies to sort of make the complete version of the Star Wars story, some time in the middle of this decade."

"He(Lucas) intends to take twenty years off after the release of Episode 3. He would then be 80 years old at the time that he might think of makeing a 7,8, and 9 and he says don't count on it."

"He says that we will leave the theartre feeling like we have experienced a great deal, we might be a little sad, we should however feel very good about the love story part of it."

Well there you have it. The TV Guide issue hits newstands Monday.

Scot sent this in, too:

I just caught the E news daily report, you have probably already heard. The reporter said that George has already written most of Episode 3 and certain scenes have already been filmed (which we knew) but what was really surprising is he said he has been filming new scenes to be inserted in the Classic trilogy to complete the series. I guess we are in store for a special special edition.
Mike also reported:

Just finished watching the segment of senior editor of tv guide, Michael Davis on E! News. He states that in the interview he had with George Lucas, that we will leave the theater feeling good and sad, because of all that was presented and we will feel good about the love relationship. He further states that there will not be an episode 7-9. He would be around 80 years old. The footage shown was nothing new. Just shots of the new "mystery" trailer, as well as, from the phantom menace and the original trilogy.

Now I guess Lucas will be adding stuff to OT, but what? I think they need to redo the emperor in ESB maybe add some scenes of alderraan before it blows up, maybe show the Jedi Temple in ruins, and maybe show Naboo celebrating at the end of ROTJ.