PDA

View Full Version : Goff Ups

Grand Admiral Vriss
Nov 14th, 2001, 01:19:15 PM
Here post all of your goof ups of what you thought was correct was really a magor goof-up in the Star Wars Films. For instance, when I was about 11, which was a few years ago, I thought Grand Moff Tarkin was actually Grand Admiral Thrawn.

:crack

Oh well

darth_mcbain
Nov 14th, 2001, 01:25:25 PM
Almost embarrassed to admit it, but for a while when I was a kid I thought Vader was just a robot... :p

Grand Admiral Vriss
Nov 14th, 2001, 02:18:12 PM
Lol :lol Now I have heard everything

j/k :D

darth_mcbain
Nov 14th, 2001, 02:37:20 PM
Hey man... I just want to be accepted... :cry

J/K - I'm sure we all have some weird things that we've thought about SW at one time or another. While we're (kinda) on the subject, can anyone answer me this:

What is it that Captain Needa says when he realizes that Han Solo is going to attack their Star Destroyer. Despite the hundreds of times I've watched ESB, I can never quite seem to pick up what he says there:
"They are moving to attack ______ ________"

Hopefully this won't get me shunned from the board, that I don't know every precise word from the OT... :lol Any help here?

Doc Milo
Nov 14th, 2001, 03:08:14 PM
"They're moving to attack position! Shields up!"

darth_mcbain
Nov 14th, 2001, 03:18:17 PM
Thanks Doc - that sounds right. I don't know what the deal was, I could just never lock on to the last part of what he was saying...

BUFFJEDI
Nov 14th, 2001, 04:19:59 PM
well I thought it was Grand MA tarkin (No bs )
I have a friend who thought it was LIFE SABER
Also have a friend (male friend) who thinks Chewie is sexy (no bs agian)

darth_mcbain
Nov 14th, 2001, 04:48:58 PM
Haha buff. I had actually forgotten, but the first time I heard about them, I thought they were LifeSavers. :huh As for thinking Chewie is sexy, your friend might be in a very exclusive club there... :lol

BUFFJEDI
Nov 14th, 2001, 05:48:13 PM
:lol

Very exclusive, indeed!!O_o

Champion of the Force
Nov 14th, 2001, 06:31:04 PM
I also thought lightsaber's were pronounced something else, but I called them Lightsavers. :lol

I also used to call Darth Vader Dar Fader.

JMK
Nov 14th, 2001, 08:04:02 PM
I thought that the rebels had only blown up half of the death star, hence the half built one in Jedi. Yes, this despite the scroll text and the various mentions of the new battle station.

darth_mcbain
Nov 14th, 2001, 08:57:51 PM
Yeah - its amazing how when you are a kid you just don't pay attention to certain things or don't pick up on things, even though now they seem perfectly obvious... As I said before, I totally remember being confused as to whether or not Darth Vader was actually a robot or not. Ditto that for the storm troopers - for a while I actually thought they were just robots... Funny to look back in retrospect... :lol

Jedieb
Nov 14th, 2001, 09:59:17 PM
About the only thing I can contribute here is that I actually thought the Star Wars Holiday Special was "cool" when I saw it. I have distinct memories of watching the scenes at Chewie's home and loving them. I'm so ashamed...... >_<

BUFFJEDI
Nov 15th, 2001, 12:11:19 PM
I still think the holiday special is cool:D ,just like me:cool
cause my Mom said I was.
and how about that Bea Arthur UMMMMMM!!!

darth_mcbain
Nov 15th, 2001, 12:33:34 PM
Please... Not another thread about Bea Arthur... >_< :lol

JMK
Nov 15th, 2001, 01:12:28 PM
Can the mods PLEASE put a filter for the words BEA+ARTHUR??? If we can't swear in protest to her, then we shouldn't be able to mention her! :lol

Jedieb
Nov 15th, 2001, 05:00:31 PM
BLASPHEMY!! How dare anyone speak ill of the sexiest Golden Girl of them all?! Actually, Betty White was pretty hot also. And let's not forget Estele Getty. Oh man what I wouldn't give to get my hands on that frail, wrinkled frame.... OH, BABY!!!!!!!! :smokin

darth_mcbain
Nov 15th, 2001, 05:38:31 PM
OH NO!!!! It's starting again!!! :eek

BUFFJEDI
Nov 15th, 2001, 06:08:12 PM
See even though EB(s) wife is a Hotty ,he can still appriciate a hunk of woman like My Bea Arthur:) I would show her the true nature of my force.Sorry Mcbain:angel

Jedieb
Nov 15th, 2001, 06:22:25 PM
buff speaks the truth McBain. Every woman secretly wants buff to show her the true nature of the Force. And a hottie like Bea Arthur is a perfect match for ANY Jedi. Me thinks McBain is scared of admiting his TRUE feelings. He dares not speak the vixen's name because he secretly wants her. YOU ALL WANT BEA ARTHUR!!!!! :evil

darth_mcbain
Nov 15th, 2001, 06:49:19 PM
Ahhh, my secret life has been revealed... Actually, I was more partial to Rue McClanahan, hot stuff, hubba hubba... :x :lol

BUFFJEDI
Nov 15th, 2001, 07:08:22 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :
you both are so crazy:rollin