PDA

View Full Version : Another Crash

darth_mcbain
Nov 12th, 2001, 10:32:01 AM
I only hesitatingly put this in the "Entertainment" forum, but I know that I for one rarely go to general and figured it wouldn't get seen there (mods, if you want to move this feel free)

Another plane has gone down in NY. I only saw a bit of it before I left for work and now I'm trying to get more details. As far as I know, it hasn't been deemed a terrorist attack or anything yet, but it seems kinda suspicious - an American Airlines Airbus going down in NY... :mad

When is this sh!t gonna stop?!?!?

If it is terrorist, though, this can only strengthen our resolve in this conflict. As was said before and will be said many more times - God Bless America!

ReaperFett
Nov 12th, 2001, 11:00:39 AM
I doubt that this was terrorist. It sounds like how most plane crashes occur. However, after what got brought over here two weeks ago, it does make me worry

I hope it wasnt though. If it is, it really shows why the Coalition has to suceed

darth_mcbain
Nov 12th, 2001, 11:11:07 AM
Yeah - I haven't heard anything to indicate that it was terrorist, but I also haven't heard anything to indicate that it was mechanical failure, or pilot error. I sure hope that this was just an unfortunate accident.

Doc Milo
Nov 12th, 2001, 01:29:49 PM
From what I've seen, it seems that one of the engines fell off shortly after take-off. Some eye-witnesses have claimed that there was an explosion first -- the media actually claimed the Bush Administration and FBI had confirmed that, but that turned out to be false. (Why doesn't the media check their facts before making a report like that, anyway?)

It's most probably just an accident (I think they said these specific planes have a history of similar type crashes.) But, here's what I believe: If it was a terrorist attack, no one would confirm it, or tell us; because to do so would play into the terrorists hands: This would then become a message -- we can still get to your planes. So if it was a terrorist attack, I doubt we'd be told it was.

JonathanLB
Nov 12th, 2001, 02:05:32 PM
I was in the air just an hour after that plane crashed. Wow that is freaky.

It was probably just an accident, but it's hard to know really. Too bad that it would happen in NYC. I mean, yeah it is terrible no matter where it happens, but that city... man. When it rains, it pours!

darth_mcbain
Nov 12th, 2001, 02:19:06 PM
From the other perspective, even if it is only an accident, I could still see terrorist groups claiming responsibility for the same reason you mentioned, Doc - to make us feel vulnerable... Sick...

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 12th, 2001, 02:36:23 PM
I'd say it was some kind of malfunction from what I hear on TV. It sounds similar to the TWA that crashed out in the Atlantic a few years back.

Champion of the Force
Nov 12th, 2001, 05:39:16 PM
It hasn't been happy days for the airline industry over the past 2 month has it? :(

CMJ
Nov 13th, 2001, 10:28:49 AM
Everything I saw yesterday leads me to believe it was just an accident....but it's really terrible it happened in New York of all places....