PDA

View Full Version : Uprising

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 12th, 2001, 02:09:39 AM
I wondering if anybody saw this recent miniseries. It was on last week, but because of the world series I had to tape it and I finally sat down and watched and I must say it is great miniseries probably the best in long time. First if you want to know what it is about it has to do with the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising beginning in 1942 and lasting until 1943. During this Uprising the Jews were able to hold off the Germans longer than the Poles did or even the French. What is really good about is the acting, both Hank Azaria and Leelee Sobieski are outstanding and if they don't win emmys I will be shocked. I am sure the movie will be available to rent very soon and I would recommend anybody interested in the Holocaust to watch because it is very moving and also inspirational.

Darth23
Nov 12th, 2001, 03:04:10 AM
I didn't watch it.

I knew the story - I think there was another movie made a while back. I just wasn't in the mood to see a 'they lose in the end' movie. I'm sure it was probably good. I'll probably see it some time.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 12th, 2001, 02:46:49 PM
I still found inspiration especially the end most of main characters except a few survive the film but many people still die unfortuntely I would still recommend it, it was a great movie.