PDA

View Full Version : Bootlegs

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 9th, 2001, 04:34:31 PM
Before anybody gets in trouble here, what is the board's postition on bootlegs? I ask this because the DVD trailer is now out and I am sure a bootleg will appear soon, so would it be wrong if somebody posted a link or is that not allowed at all?

TheHolo.Net
Nov 9th, 2001, 04:53:39 PM
I don’t think we could be held legally liable if someone else were to merely post a link to a bootleg copy, its not as if we are hosting it(on our web host server) or telling them to do it for us. So my position is that it should be allowed, but not encouraged by the staff. If one is posted, it would probably be best that a staff member states that this is not hosted or endorsed by SWFans.Net Forums.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 9th, 2001, 05:00:31 PM
Ok that will work, It may not matter because I was read theforce.net forums and they can't even save the thing so everybody might just have to wait until Monday when I am sure they will let everybody be able to download it.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 9th, 2001, 05:02:51 PM
Yep, I discovered the not able to save thing the hard way, after trying about ten or twenty ways to do so. Apple software can be such a pain. >_<

Sanis Prent
Nov 9th, 2001, 09:54:10 PM
Ditto....I'm ready to bash my head in trying to get this sucker.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 10th, 2001, 03:20:03 PM
I edited Jedieb's link to the bootleg copy, just because of what Fett pointed out in the OOC forum.

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10934

Here is the content of the edited post:

I found a copy here:

http://www.cse.msu.edu/~shailesh/

I'm almost done downloading it. I'll let you all know if it works.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 11th, 2001, 12:02:14 AM
I guess Jedieb didn't see this before he posted it, and I only noticed the post well after he had posted and by then the download didn't work any more so I didn't think it was a big deal.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 11th, 2001, 12:38:47 AM
I noticd it fairly quickly and managed to get a copy while it was working. :D But I didn't remove the link because he didn't state he was the one hosting it, just that he "found" one, but with what I read today, I thought it good to cover the staff's collective butts, just incase. :) No sweat.

Jedieb
Nov 12th, 2001, 01:57:19 PM
Sorry about that! I went ahead and deleted the entire post. The link doesn't work anymore anyway. But at least SWFans was able to get a copy. It's fairly large and looks great. I haven't run it on my mac, just my PC at home. Did it work on your Mac SWFans?

TheHolo.Net
Nov 12th, 2001, 01:59:09 PM
I used to have a MAC at my old job, but now all I have are PCs and it worked great. :)