PDA

View Full Version : Mending Fences, Making Alliances: Kresh’ve’teh

Tasha Kozkis
Nov 8th, 2001, 05:26:03 AM
The recreation room of the Imperial Star Destroyer Superiour reflected the rest of the ship. It was large, with three story high ceiliings, and was immaculately clean. There was a ring for boxing, but Tasha had immediatly dismissed that. Vitiku trials were known for their freedom of motion, and this one would be no different. She settled upon the large, open area that was used for group exercise drills, about twenty-five by twenty meters.

The Vitiku crouched down and rapped her knuckles against the metal, frowning. It did not compare well to the rolling, open plains that were the traditional place that such trials were held. Tall grasses and soft, loose dirt were prefered over hard, cold metal. The best trials of all were held beneath the seasonal rain storms, where the grass rippled and swayed according to the wind's desires, and the contestants slid about in the mud.

No, this trial would be different, and perhaps for Millard, somewhat more fitting.

Taylor Millard
Nov 10th, 2001, 02:28:35 PM
"I apologize for the inconvenience of the exercise room," Millard spoke cooly as he entered the exercise room, "Star Destroyers are not known for their wide open plains."

He was dressed in black tunic and pants, much like he wore when he went to Tattooine. Most Kresh've'tehs were hand to hand combat, although Millard's first Trial of Reknewal was with swords. But that was before he used the Force.

It wouldn't be fair for me to use the Force in this battle. It's got to be fair and honorable.

Speaking in Tasha's own tongue, Millard said, "Although I know how much you've studied the Kresh've'teh, I am uncertain how many you've participated in. If this is your first, feel free to select from the assortment of kra'mek (weapons) in the cabinent here. If you wish to go hand-to-hand, then we can proceed.

What do you choose, Tasha Kozkis? Hand-to-hand or weapon?

The Imperial Admiral loosened his body, keeping himself alert for whatever she were to choose.

Tasha Kozkis
Dec 7th, 2001, 06:03:23 PM
Tasha tossed the Admiral a roll of off white medical tape in response. She sat, removed her shoes, and set to work on wrapping her feet for better grip on the metal surface. It would also serve to numb the impact of her blows. When Kozkis tore the tape with her teeth after wrapping her first foot, she spoke

"This will be a pure fight. There will be no weapons except ourselves." Somewhat cold, but she was here with the intent to incapaticate him.

She finished wrapping her other foot and hands. Millard finished at about the same time.

"Do you accept the Trial of Renewal, Taylor Millard of The Galatic Empire? You fight for gaurnteed safe passage of your Clan's ships through Vitiku's space. This is the sixty-fifth thousand two hundred ninety-third Trial of Renewal in my Clan's recorded history of thirty greater cycles. Forty have ended in dishonor. This is the first Renewal of our Clan's agreement. Though it is not the wide rolling plains of Vetik-Tesh, it will still stand in our history."