PDA

View Full Version : JMC, what about Dutchy and Uknow who?

Jedieb
Nov 6th, 2001, 03:38:05 PM
I just perused the Trailer thread. What's up Jon's butt now? Just what did Dutchy say? Or was Jon calling someone else an ass for no reason?

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 6th, 2001, 04:21:17 PM
I guess Jon got mad because Dutchy thought the trailer looked bad or something along those lines. Dutchy did throw it back at him so maybe that is the end of it. Jon has had an attitude lately ever since the Yankees lost he took it a lot worse than anybody else on this board. Read what he said about the World Series, I wanted to comment about it but I am a little biased being a Red Sox fan so I was hoping Davwj would say something. I would hate to have to bad him, generally I get along with him but sometimes he gets on my nerve like he did on the Monsters INC thread abou the One, I said I had no intentions of seeing it because I thought it looked bad and he basically called me stupid for not wanting to see it.

Jedieb
Nov 6th, 2001, 04:39:03 PM
I'm staying out of it. I wouldn't have even known he was insulting Dutchy if someone hadn't quoted him because I ignore his posts. But that's the thing with Jon, he's always right and you're stupid whenever you disagree with him. If you go back a few months, you can find him singing Roger Ebert's praises. Why? Because Ebert liked TPM and gave it a positive review when a lot of critics tooks pot shots at it. But now that he slams a movie Jon likes he's an idiot. Forget the fact that Jon started a thread a few days earlier saying that the Depp movie Hell "kind of sucked", that's okay because Jon believes he's uber critic and everyone around him needs his enlightenment.

We're going to have a lot of new people coming here for AOTC. They're going to say things he doesn't agree with and he has to behave himself. Maybe you or Davwj should talk to him. I certainly don't want to have to apologize to some newbie because Jon was Jon. It seems like the only times we have negative threads are when Jon is involved. Most people here can disagree or express different ideas (like we're doing with the EU SBS thread) and still have interesting threads. With him it's always a battle where your just not in the loop if you don't see things his way.

"Good luck, you're gonna need it."

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 6th, 2001, 04:46:55 PM
I think I'm going to wait and see if he responds to Dutchy's comments. I agree Jon does start some fights on this board, I don't know if its just because he is young or what, I know when I was 18 I thought a lot of people were wrong, but I don't remember being as bad as he is sometimes. And it could get worse next year especially if we have some AOTC haters come on here and start trouble we could have a flame war, there is one that used to come on ezboard but I think we mostly ignored his comments and he hasn't come back since but I am sure that will change since a new movie is coming out.

Champion of the Force
Nov 6th, 2001, 05:06:26 PM
Sorry guys, I've been completely out of the loop on this one. :\

Read what he said about the World Series, I wanted to comment about it but I am a little biased being a Red Sox fan so I was hoping Davwj would say something.
I don't follow baseball so I haven't been reading the thread, spo of course I completely missed it.
>_<

This happens right at the same time I'm trying to downgrade my role on the boards due to my latest project for my Diploma being handed out.

I'll have to come back a bit later today and have a look. Sorry I can't be of more help right now. :(

Sanis Prent
Nov 6th, 2001, 07:03:41 PM
LOL...that crazy Jon

Champion of the Force
Nov 6th, 2001, 07:45:22 PM
'Crazy Jon' can be a royal pain in the **** at times. :rolleyes

I had a quick look through the threads you guys referenced. I agree he did seem upset in the World Series thread (although it was hard for me to make out the thread - all this stuff about baseball players and games etc just goes over my head). As for the AOTC thread however I wasn't able to pick up much since I'm trying to avoid being spoiled and thus was rushing over some of the comments. :\

I think Carr's suggestion of 'wait and see' sounds like a good plan for now. Really though I think Jon is going to be a potential problem for us in the near future - he's ok at the moment since everyone is an old-timer and knows how to handle him, but I dread the future when we get new posters. :uhoh

Sanis Prent
Nov 6th, 2001, 09:41:23 PM
You gotta admire his arguing style of "Bow down and worship TPM as GOD OVER ALL, or you are a nazi communist terrorist titanic lover, destined for hell...and your mom hates you."

Jedieb
Nov 6th, 2001, 11:45:02 PM
LOL sanis. Add a few lines about him saying how stupid that person is and you've hit the nail on the head.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 7th, 2001, 12:20:03 AM
Well at least he has a cause to fight. I think my plan is best for now, if has a fit I guess I am going to have to talk to him I have been able to talk to him in the past and I was usually successful in calming him down.