PDA

View Full Version : New Ship Type (GJO)

Alpha
Nov 5th, 2001, 11:05:45 PM
Alright, this is a variant from the Descent games. A Pyro-GX, and Dragon's Base sells these, and can make them to order.
http://www.outboundgaming.net/descent/mods/images/descent4/d4_pyro_35.jpg
Name: Pyro-GX
Length: 18 metres
Crew compliment: 1 (nomral), 2 (max)
Speed: 100 kps (max)
Shields: Heavy
Weapons (base): 4 Level 6 laser cannons (high powered), 8 non-guided concussion missiles, 3 proximity bombs.

Hardpoints: 16

Other weapons that can be equipped, on hardpoints or inner bay (And number):
2 Vulcan/Gauss cannons (10,000 rounds)
2 Mass Driver Cannons
2 Plasma Cannons
1 Fusion Cannon
Up to 20 Concussion (non-guided) missiles
Up to 20 Flash Missiles (NG)
Up to 10 Homing or Guided Missiles
Up to 5 Smart Missiles (NG)
Up to 10 MErcury Missiles (NG)
1 Earthshaker (MG)
2 Mega Missiles (NG)

Stats for weapons:
Gauss/Vulcan Cannons: Are normal slug throwers, with explosive tipped shells
Mass Driver: Normal physics apply to this
Plasma Cannons:Normal plasma cannons
Fusion Cannon: A fairly powerful weapon, takes energy directly from the reactor, can be used once every minute or so. Enough to take down completely a fighter's nomral shields.
Concussion Missiles (NG):Normal non-guided missiles
Flash Missiles: Like Concussion Missiles, except for releasing a blinding flash on impact.
Homing Missiles: Like normal missiles used on most other ships
Smart Missiles: Limited homing capabilities, and releases plasma charges on impact
Mercury Missiles: Fast moving non-guided missiles
Earthshaker: Capable of taking a cap ships shields down with it. Only one is, or can be, equipped at a time
Mega Missiles: Dumbfire missiles that deal quite a bit of damage.

Modified from original to have more weapons, at the expense of passenger capabilities, and shields are quite heavy.

{OOC: If there's any problems witht he weapons, or the ship itself, please let me know.}

Yun Sako
Dec 14th, 2001, 07:16:52 PM
A very well-rounded starcraft you got yourself, Alpha. It is a good ship that would be of use in the any fleet around :). Do you have any other ships that are made by the Pyro-G company?

Alpha
Dec 16th, 2001, 11:52:31 PM
I'm trying to get the stats together for a few more types. Give me awhile. These are form the Descent games in case you didn't notice.