PDA

View Full Version : What goes where - the Boxoffice and SW FIlms forums (Jedieb and Carr)

Champion of the Force
Nov 5th, 2001, 07:12:16 PM
I didn't want to debate this right out in front of the general posting population :), so I thought we'd discuss it here.

From the ET thread:

... we post off topic stuff in the box office forum all the time. (Look at the World Series thread.)
Umm, the World Series isn't off topic IMHO. The forum is titled SW Boxoffice & Other Entertainment, and in my mind the latter states that the forum is for entertainment in general, which would include things like sports, games, books etc. etc.

Whilst I understand how you wanted to relate your thread to ANH Jedieb, I dispute its placement since the general topic in your thread that I'm seeing is really about ET and the changes made in the Special Edition - it ought to go in the BO forum IMHO. The SW Films forum is for just that - the SW Films.

EDIT: the same issue gets raised in regards to the AOTC Trailer thread in BO. I had a very brief skim of it (not wishing to be spoiled) but I think it ought to be in SW Films since it refers to the Episode 2 film.

Not wishing to make a big deal about it, but with traffic likely to increase from now on I'd like to have it cleared up as to what belongs in what forum now whilst traffic is still low (I don't want to go through a disagreement like last year with the OOC forum where everyone had their own opinion on what was IC and what was OOC :\).

Please give me your thoughts on the matter. My opinions are necessarily correct, but that was my understanding on where threads should be posted.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 5th, 2001, 08:24:20 PM
If you want we can move both of them its no big deal. The only reason I think I put the trailer thread in the Box office forum was because some people don't seem to post in the SW films as nearly as the box office one, so that is the only reason why I did. I also understand why you want to move the other but I will let Jedieb get into the issue before we decide to move either one.

Champion of the Force
Nov 5th, 2001, 08:39:55 PM
The only reason I think I put the trailer thread in the Box office forum was because some people don't seem to post in the SW films as nearly as the box office one, so that is the only reason why I did.
Perfectly understandable. Still though, it might pay to start posting SW Films topics in the proper forum since traffic will almost certainly pick up as Episode II draws near, and we'd want to have everyone posting in the right forum rather than have everyone develop bad habits.

I know the SW Films forum is fairly quiet, but it's really a circular problem that is common to many boards - no one posts there so everyone posts in another forum instead, resulting in everyone posting in that other forum so the original forum continues to get no posts. Eventually one has to try and break the cycle. :)

also understand why you want to move the other but I will let Jedieb get into the issue before we decide to move either one.
Agreed. That's why I posted this thread first before taking any action first since I wanted to be certain we are all in agreement on what goes where. :)

Jedieb
Nov 6th, 2001, 02:37:09 PM
No problem, go ahead and move it. It just didn't seem like the usual BO topic so that's why I posted it in SW Fims. I can see why the trailer could get placed into both Films and BO. I mean the trailer probably did have some effect on Monsters Inc. But any BO discussion about the trailer would inevitably lead to discussing the trailer itself so you're bound to have some spill over. Trying to be stricter probably will help with the increased AOTC traffic so I think it's a good idea to try and keep a tighter rein on topics. I'll go ahead and move the ET: Thread.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 6th, 2001, 02:49:00 PM
If you want Davwj I'll move the trailer one too and if you also want I can merge the two threads. I was also wondering should we post some kind of anouncement to let the newbies and all the old members know where things go. I say this because Jonathan posted an EP 2 related thing in the Box office forum but I guess one could argue it is related to that forum its hard for me to say.

Champion of the Force
Nov 6th, 2001, 05:08:40 PM
I'm in the middle of a Diploma project at the moment, so I'll leave you 2 to decide on where the threads in question go and if they need moving. Since we appear to be inagreement regaridng the posting of topics in specific forums I'm sure you 2 can make the necessary judgement call here. :)