PDA

View Full Version : The One (Did you already talk about this?)

imported_Eve
Nov 3rd, 2001, 11:54:38 PM
Whaddup - I am Eve.

I am a big fan of Jet Li, so went and saw this movie today. And well.... it's not his best. Fight scenes are SORTA matrix style... but a bit different. It's always lovely watching the fight scenes, but the storyline blew a bit.

Did anyone else see it?

Subject change - In Matrix 2... how the hell are they gonna top the fight scenes from the first Matrix? (Everyone copies them!)

JonathanLB
Nov 4th, 2001, 02:04:34 AM
I thought it was Li's best American film for sure and the fight scenes were awesome. Furthermore, the plot was tight too! I loved every aspect of The One.

It wasn't too long, it was constantly packed with action and no BS, and it was just an all around great sci-fi/action film.

ReaperFett
Nov 4th, 2001, 06:39:51 AM
I want to see it, mainly because Jason Statham is in it. The story sounds fun enough, but I just dont like all that Wire Fu rubbish. Its the reason I look forward to Kill Bill so much

darth_mcbain
Nov 4th, 2001, 08:35:41 AM
I heard that it wasn't that good, but I haven't seen it. I'll probably wait for it on DVD though...

imported_Eve
Nov 4th, 2001, 11:10:58 AM
See I liked "Romeo Must Die" MUCH better. Better storyline, dialog wasn't as cheesy, and it wasn't as predictable.

But one thing is for sure - it was action packed, as they say. The whole movie is a big action scene. It isn't an awful movie, I would just wait for DVD if you're interested in seeing it.

JonathanLB
Nov 4th, 2001, 04:26:47 PM
I think RMD is very good and I gave it 3.5 stars, but The One is simply a better film. The plot is more interesting, more innovative, the action is way better, there is more of it, and the film has a much cooler general feeling. Cinematography was tight.

Wire work is awesome! That is what you get with most Hong Kong action. I mean, if you watch Jet Li, you are getting wire work. If you want normal action with very little wire work (which is actually extremely lame most of the time), then you have to go all the way back to Bruce Lee or some Jackie Chan films, but not all. Chan is the man, but Jet Li action is generally far better.

Mu Satach
Nov 5th, 2001, 03:08:26 PM
hehhehehehe... just count your lucky stars it's Jet Li... The One was originally written for the Rock. :mneh

Darth23
Nov 5th, 2001, 06:00:41 PM
U smell what the Scorpion Kings cookin'?

JonathanLB
Nov 6th, 2001, 05:20:02 AM
Another fart-reaking performance! :lol