PDA

View Full Version : Teaser Trailer

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 29th, 2001, 12:11:33 PM
Just to let everybody know Star Wars.com made it offical today that the first teaser trailer will be on Monsters INC here is the text
Pixar Animation Studios and Walt Disney Studios today announced that Lucasfilm Ltd. has created an exclusive teaser trailer for Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones that will only appear at the head of the new animated Disney/Pixar film Monsters, Inc. The film premieres on November 2nd in theaters across the United States and Canada.
George Lucas commented, "I have great respect for Pixar and deep admiration for John Lasseter and his team. I'm thrilled to be able to show audiences their first glimpse of Episode II with Monsters, Inc. It gives me an immense sense of pride to see our companies working together."

JMK
Oct 29th, 2001, 01:18:34 PM
I am soooooo freakin excited for this trailer to come out. Just thinking about new star wars footage sends shivers down my spine.

darth_mcbain
Oct 29th, 2001, 02:31:57 PM
I saw that this morning and was so excited!!! I was away for a few days visiting the in-laws and their computer was so freakin' slow I couldn't even get on the Internet, so I've been kinda disconnected from the latest news... It was very nice to come back and get the big update on when the trailer would be out. I'm there, dude... :smokin

Jedieb
Oct 29th, 2001, 09:09:01 PM
The only downside to this trailer is that it's so short. But still, the first SW trailer is still the first SW trailer! I just hope Monsters INC doesn't suffer to much by comparison.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 29th, 2001, 09:41:23 PM
The Good news is that we will defintely get one more later this month, Trailer A in front of Harry Potter. Theforce.net still claims we will get one from the site on Nov 9th either just for DVD owners or for everybody. But I am beginning to suspect that it will be the teaser poster which we have not got yet. It would make more sense, the first trailer just gives a slight clue about the movie the second trailer tells us some more and holds us over until Trailer B next year.

Doc Milo
Oct 29th, 2001, 11:48:17 PM
If there is one on the site, I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same one that will be in front of Harry Potter.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 2nd, 2001, 03:51:22 PM
Well today is the big day and I figured I start up a thread on this subject. So, has anybody seen it yet? I probably won't see it unti Sunday, unless I go tonight (which doesn't look promising at the moment). Also it will be available to download on Monday from the official site and probably will be shown on Access Hollywood and ET then too unless they somehow get permission to show it early. Now the question when will the first bootleg version get out? I am sure there is some smart person with a video camera who will record it and put it on the net.

ReaperFett
Nov 2nd, 2001, 03:57:49 PM
dont watch a bootleg, it'll only ruin it. Nor see it before leaving the cinema pre-film. More see it hundreds of times.

That to me is why so many disliked TPM, they over-hyped it for themselves

darth_mcbain
Nov 2nd, 2001, 04:17:02 PM
It's not likely that I'll get to see it in the theaters tonight, and if I don't see it tonight, I probably won't see it for a week or so, as my folks are coming out to visit and probably wouldn't be up for seeing that. I'll be watching for it on the official site, though. Its gonna rock!

Mu Satach
Nov 2nd, 2001, 08:58:55 PM
I think I'm going to try and catch a Sunday afternoon showing. I'm tired tonight and all day Sat I'm going to be working.

JonathanLB
Nov 3rd, 2001, 01:01:18 AM
I think Episode II is going to be better than sliced bread. I never had much of a use for sliced bread anyway!

Wow, that is the best thing ever! Haha. It brought back memories from seeing the TPM trailer, that's for sure, but this one was just breathtaking, even though it was short. Man, how AWESOME!

I am excited :)

If anyone knows where I can get a bootleg before Monday, please write me (Jonathan@jlbmedia.com) because I want to see it again badly.

darth_mcbain
Nov 3rd, 2001, 01:55:40 AM
You saw it!? Cool. It sounds (based on your enthusiasm) that this is gonna be a smash movie. I think we all knew that anyway, but it must be so cool to have seen it and realize how cool it is going to be. I think I'll probably catch a matinee tomorrow for it...

JonathanLB
Nov 3rd, 2001, 04:25:56 AM
... this was even better for me because I know nothing about Episode II. I am proud of my ignorance! Hehe, I went into TPM knowing everything basically, although I still loved the film. I mean, I really didn't know "everything" but I was pretty spoiler-filled.

This time, I know nothing at all, so when I see all this kinda stuff in the trailer it's just totally new to me, really awesome!

The planets!!! What the heck?!?! There are like tons of locations here I have never seen. This is awesome. Wow I don't even remember it all, but then the ship flying through Coruscant between the buildings, now that is tight. Also, thousands of troops loading into these transports or something, didn't get a very good glimpse and I was just too mesmerized to remember it all.

The few clashes of lightsabers the only real sounds in the teaser, and dang are those fights going to rock. I think the fights will be even better than TPM, which would be truly amazing, and if we get a really sweet space battle in this, like ANH and ROTJ had, then this will have another edge on TPM in that regard. Then seeing Slave I in the trailer, dang...

Too much to absorb. I'm sorry but seriously you cannot criticize someone for seeing this trailer 50 times on their computer when we get it Monday, because you cannot understand it after one viewing. It just doesn't do anything. It's too quickly cut, which is a good thing of course, but it just blows you away. I have to see it a few hundred more times. :)

For some reason, my enthusiasm about Episode II has been quite measured and not very overwhelming. I mean, I wasn't even counting down the days much until I saw this teaser. I was so busy with everything else that it was just like, "Hey, cool, the teaser. It will be cool." Then when I saw it, I'm just like a robot, haha, "My mission in life is to see Episode II in theaters as many times as humanly possible. Must... see... Star Wars."

I mean, hell I saw TPM 50 times in theaters with NO CAR, NO DRIVER'S LICENSE! My mom and my friends had to take me to it if I wanted to go, so many times when I did want to go and couldn't find anyone to take me, I just had to sit at home instead. Oh and also, that summer was slightly shorter than 3 months long. This next summer is 4 months and 10 days long, or nearly 50% longer. I get out May 10. I go back, after transferring schools, to OSU probably around September 20.

I have no idea how many times I can see this movie, so I will make no bold predictions or promises, but let me tell you if it's anything as awesome as how it looks, that 50 viewings of TPM will be history...

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 4th, 2001, 02:03:30 AM
Monsters Inc. shouldn't suffer. The movie was soooo funny :) I was on the edge of my seat for the trailer....! It was too short and too fast. The images went by and I hardly had a chance to figure out what they were before they were gone.

But still....The Trailer! Woohoo!

and I definetely saw Boba Fett and Slave 1 in it. I was surprised, but it was awesome!

I've been so spoiler free I'm like sugarless candy. :) I'm contaminated! Its great!

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 4th, 2001, 10:54:30 PM
Well I just saw the trailer today and I was blown away. Even though it was just a minute it was one of the best teasers I have seen, way better than the first one for FOTR. There were four scenes I really liked (I need to see it again to take everything in) The Clonetroopers (I assume that is what they are, they kinda of look like Stromtroopers) boarding the ships, Slave One (It sure looked like it to me) attacking something in an astroid field, Jango Fett (I am assuming its him since Boba is a only a 11 or 12) fighting somebody and then Anakin fighting somebody at the end and hearing the clash of lightsabers. One more thing it looks like Anakin has a green lightsaber, my question is I know he has a blue one that Obi-Wan gave to Luke. So either Obi-Wan was lying again or Anakin had two lightsabers at one point. One possibility is he used Qui-Gon's lightsaber before he built his own, other than that I am clueless what else it could mean. I decided to add spoiler tags I should have done this in the first place but I was so excited after I saw it that I forgot.

darth_mcbain
Nov 5th, 2001, 10:30:57 AM
Are any of you having luck viewing the trailer off of the main site? I can't seem to pull them up, it brings up the "Click here to view trailer" screen, but when I do, it just sits there and eventually says "Document Done" but nothing... I do have Quicktime 5, so there shouldn't be a problem watching the small or medium ones... Any of you have luck?

Starquest aka AndyR
Nov 5th, 2001, 11:48:12 AM
I had a few problems but I think it was pc related. I had an issue with the quicktime plug-in. but once I restarted I got it fine.
This was my first time seeing it, and I have to say - Its a teaser allright.

ReaperFett
Nov 5th, 2001, 12:53:00 PM
Ive seen. My review :)

BAD
The title. Sorry, its still pants to me :)

Obi's beard. Ewan looks good with a beard similar to Obi's in ANH. With this, he looks like a tramp off the streets :)

The scene where Obi and Anakin jogged onscreen. Cant put my finger on it, but something seemed wrong

GOOD
Watto! He looked the man

Jango, looking cool

the rest :)

darth_mcbain
Nov 5th, 2001, 03:00:12 PM
I still can't seem to pull it up. I rebooted and still nothing... Man, I'm starting to get antsy here!!! I wonder if it could just a volume issue - that starwars.com might be getting slammed, but I would have thought that if that was the case, I would get a message saying "Cannot connect" or "high volume" or something, but it just sits there. Any other suggestions for viewing it (short of just buying a ticket for Monsters Inc. :) )

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 5th, 2001, 03:09:26 PM
First I loved the entire trailer, even the title I have come to think its a great title. As far the trailer itself I like four particular scnes the best
the clonetroopers entering the transport ships, Slave one shooting something in an astroid belt, Jango Fett in action and Anakin fighting with someone probably the new sith apprentice. Overall its a great trailer I will have to see it again to get more of, I am planning on taping it off of Entertainment tonight or E news daily depends on which one I watch first. Mcbain that is what I would do if I were you watch either E News Daily, Access Hollywood or Entertainment tonight they all should be showing it today.

darth_mcbain
Nov 5th, 2001, 04:24:54 PM
Good thing I kept my VCR once I converted over to DVD - I knew it would come in handy again, heh heh heh... Thanks for the tip, Carr, I'll watch for it tonight with the tape ready. Its just bugging me - I don't know why it won't come up over the Internet... :(

Doc Milo
Nov 5th, 2001, 05:24:45 PM
Darth McBain, have you tried to type the URL for the movie directly into the quicktime player?

Double click the Quicktime player icon, goto File -- Open URL in New Window, and in the dialog box that appears try typing in the URL -- (http://starwars.apple.com/ep2/breathing/media/ep2_breathing_320.mov)

Dutchy
Nov 5th, 2001, 07:13:00 PM
Hmmm... it reminded me a lot of TPM, I have to say. Nothing new... or was there?

Darth23
Nov 5th, 2001, 09:46:01 PM
Well Anakin was an adult, there was some kissing and stuff - the Tianic crowd should like that ;) , and there's droids, troops, Jedi, Tatooine, Couscant, flying ships and lightsabers.

Looks like it's a Star Wars flick. :)

JonathanLB
Nov 6th, 2001, 05:18:30 AM
LOL! Everything there is new. Don't come here just to be an ass -- we all already know you are anyway, so mission accomplished.

First, as anyone with eyes might have noticed, C-3PO is now developed, Anakin is ten years older, there are numerous new locations and planets shown even in that brief trailer, and we see an army of clones or whatever the heck they are.

It is damn awesome and all new. Obviously. :rolleyes

Starquest aka AndyR
Nov 6th, 2001, 10:03:43 AM
I got the large version so if anyone wants it, I can email it. It is 12.1 megs, so keep that in mind.

darth_mcbain
Nov 6th, 2001, 11:00:57 AM
Thanks for the suggestions Carr and Milo. I watched Entertainment last night and all they had was footage of that dumb awards show... Personally, I couldn't care less about who was the best or worst dressed at this thing, I WANT TO SEE THE !&#%$#@ TRAILER!!! Sorry, but it is frustrating not being able to see it. Unfortunately, the full URL didn't work either, Milo, but thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep watching E! and Entertainment Tonight - hopefully I'll catch it there, or once my folks head out of town, I'll see it in Monsters Inc.

Dutchy
Nov 6th, 2001, 11:28:12 AM
Originally posted by JonathanLB
Don't come here just to be an ass -- we all already know you are anyway, so mission accomplished.

Speak for yourself please. Oh, you did.

By the way, define "we".

First, as anyone with eyes might have noticed, C-3PO is now developed, Anakin is ten years older

Anakin is 10 years older, yeah, that was of course exactly what I was talking about... NOT.

there are numerous new locations and planets shown even in that brief trailer, and we see an army of clones or whatever the heck they are.

But what is new in a technical way? You are always so knowledgealble in that department, so what groundbreaking stuff will ATOC give us?

TheHolo.Net
Nov 6th, 2001, 12:12:34 PM
Darth McBain; You probably already saw my screen capture topic, but incase you didn't:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10884

I made screen captures(from the large version of the trailer), of every scene in it. I know its not quite as good as seeing the real thing, but its pretty close, for those who can't download the Quicktime file. :)

darth_mcbain
Nov 6th, 2001, 12:17:39 PM
I did see the listing of image captures you listed - I'm gonna try to hold off until I can actually see the trailer, but I'll probably break down at some point and have a look see. Thanks... :)

Darth23
Nov 6th, 2001, 12:22:31 PM
Originally posted by Dutchy:

By the way, define "we".

We: Everyone but YOU. :)

Will the movie give is something new technologically, or did the trailer give us something new technologically?

And is this new technological stuff you're looking for behind the camera or on screen?

There's new technology being used to make the film, but that really won't matter as far as what the audience actually sees. The whole movie was shot using digital cameras - no film was used. I'm sure they came up with some new gizmos and techniques for this one, and I'm sure we'll see a lot more about it in the coming years.

HERE (http://www.Cinematographer.com/article/mainv/0,2108,31036,00.html) is a pretty technical artical on the whole digital photography process. :)

TheHolo.Net
Nov 6th, 2001, 12:24:45 PM
Doing a single frame by frame scrutiny of the trailer was pretty cool. I noticed quite a few things I missed just watching it through. I tried to include captures of the parts that I thought significant.

Like the scene of the man, walking into the side of the frame, where Obi looks to be a captive and the looks on Anikan’s face as he duels with a blue lightsaber against a totally indistinguishable opponent, when in the scene earlier, he had a green lightsaber (maybe its Obi’s/Qui’s)

JonathanLB
Nov 6th, 2001, 12:52:32 PM
I mean it is one thing to like Titanic, and it's one thing not to like Star Wars, but it's another to show apparent jealousy or resentment towards the saga. In fact, it is quite humorous :)

Dutchy -- there will be plenty of new technological advancements in that film, but that is not the most important aspect of any Star Wars movie. The plot and the characters are key and the dialogue is important too. Those are the truly relevant questions, not "What new effects will there be?" It doesn't matter. It's about the epic story!

darth_mcbain
Nov 6th, 2001, 01:16:04 PM
I GOT IT!!! Finally!!! A buddy of mine at work was able to get a copy of it. I don't have much to say about it that hasn't been said, short of the fact that it looks freakin' awesome to me and it made my week!!!

:clap

darth_mcbain
Nov 6th, 2001, 01:45:35 PM
Upon a second or third viewing, I think I noticed that:

in the scene of Mace Windu, Jar-Jar is behind him, along with some other senators (notably that fat Twilek one - the official site is big time slow for me, so I won't bother looking his name up) Why would Jar Jar be hanging out with them? Is it that he becomes involved in the Senate? Could be interesting if that is the case... Of course, it could not be him (heck, it may not even be a Gungan - its tough to tell).

I've been trying to avoid spoilers, so if this has been talked about already, sorry... Just thought it was interesting seeing it in the trailer.

Doc Milo
Nov 6th, 2001, 02:16:29 PM
Regarding your spoiler material, Darth McBain, I heard this rumor (it's a spoiler -- so if you're spoiler free, you might not want to view it, although I, personally, don't think it spoils much of the plot...)

According to what I read, Jar Jar is indeed the Gungan senator

Dutchy
Nov 6th, 2001, 02:34:09 PM
Originally posted by JonathanLB
I mean it is one thing to like Titanic, and it's one thing not to like Star Wars, but it's another to show apparent jealousy or resentment towards the saga. In fact, it is quite humorous :)

Yeah, I'm, like, SO jealous of the saga. Seriously.

Anyway, I was just expressing my opinion. Of course I know that you can't handle other people's opinions and resort to namecalling. In fact, that is quite humorous. :)

darth_mcbain
Nov 6th, 2001, 02:41:25 PM
Well, I'm not 100% spoiler free, but when the whole storyboard thing came out, I stayed away from that. I don't mind some speculations and some inside tips, but I don't want to absolutely KNOW what is going to happen - just have some ideas. Anyway, thanks for the tip, that gives some food for thought.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 6th, 2001, 02:57:24 PM
To me it does look a lot different mostly a lot darker tone wise, I think next trailer will show this better.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 6th, 2001, 03:20:55 PM
I glad you saw it Mcbain, I wish I hadn't mentioned ET (they suck anyway) the other two both had, Access Hollywood and E news Daily had it on. Also I was wondering about the Green Lightsaber too, I guess Anakin could build himself a green lightsaber and then proceed to loose it and build a blue one before EP 3.

Jedieb
Nov 6th, 2001, 03:27:50 PM
JMC, that is the one overriding theme that I get from the trailer. I get a sense of darkness. Darker even than ESB. Maybe it's just the shots or the lack of voice over, but I get the feeling we're heading towards dark times and a darker tone. I just hope it isn't so dark I can't make out the action on the screen. I had to squint to make out some of the features in the Jango clip. But then again, I'm a fossil who needs glasses.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 6th, 2001, 04:00:14 PM
I think that scene was done on purpose, I think they were trying to make people wonder who that was if he was Boba or Jango I think it will be a lot clearer in the movie.

darth_mcbain
Nov 6th, 2001, 04:06:49 PM
Is it possible that some of the shots we saw in this trailer were modified specifically for the trailer? (i.e. they were the actual shots from the film, but changed slightly). I agree, a lot of the scenes did seem kind of dark, but maybe that won't be how they show up in the actual film? I only mention it, because when I was watching the DVD, I watched the trailers again and I could swear that there are differences between the trailer and the movie. It was late and I was tired, but I'm pretty sure that the queen's lines "I will not condone a course of action..." and "Get to your ships", were dubbed. So, it could be possible that there could be slight differences between this trailer and what we actually see.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 6th, 2001, 04:11:05 PM
I think you make a good point. It almost looked to me in the last saber fight scene in the trailer, as if Anikin's opponent had been digitally obscured. His(figurative) head looked like a blob of white-ish color as if they didn't want to give any hints of who it could be. Screen Capture Link</font> (http://thesithempire.clanpages.com/swtrailer/duel1.jpg><font)

Darth23
Nov 6th, 2001, 06:11:56 PM
They are SUCH teases.

;)

darth_mcbain
Nov 6th, 2001, 06:17:36 PM
Well, that is why they call it the teaser trailer... :D

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2001, 12:09:03 AM
Hey McBain, I don't know if you ever got the download to work but did you know there are 2 versions of Quicktime 5? I believe you need 5.02 to see the trailer. I know I had to download 5 again in order to see the mid sized version so you may want to try and download Quicktime again.

I can't believe we have ANOTHER trailer headed our way with HP! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 7th, 2001, 12:30:14 AM
According to Theforce.net we have two more trailers on the way. I'm going to start another topic for it because I don't want to mix the two issues.

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2001, 01:05:46 PM
Has anyone heard how many downloads the trailer generated? I would have thought we'd know by now.