PDA

View Full Version : I Leave It Up to JMC

Jedieb
Nov 2nd, 2001, 11:21:10 AM
Thanks again to everyone who cast a vote my way. To those who didn't, I'll make you pay! I'll make you pay!!!!!!!!!

All kidding aside, I wanted to address an issue I have with a poster. I usually post in 3 main areas, Films, Box Office, and Collecting. There's only been 1 poster that I've ever really had issues with and anyone who knows me can guess who I'm talking about. I'm basically trying to steer clear of him as much as possible by using the IGNORE feature. He just has a writing style that gets under my skin. I'm basically leaving him to JMC and the rest of you. I'll take part in any future discussions regarding the poster, but I will NOT take any actions against him because I just don't think I can be unbiased.

I just wanted to get that out into the open. BTW, do we have a special handshake or something. Those are cool...

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 2nd, 2001, 12:25:42 PM
Do you mean the poster that starts with a J, Jedieb who always gets carried away? If so I can handle him, if gets carried away I will keep him in line, in the past I have been able to do so, most of the time he just talks nonsense anyway and unless he does something really objectable I don't think we have anything to worry about, but I understand your concern and you considering your history with this individual you will not have to be involved I think if he becomes a real problem I will help deal with him.

Also I want to thank everybody for voting for me too. And is there handshake?

Sanis Prent
Nov 2nd, 2001, 01:27:12 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb....but are you guys talkin bout Jonathan? :lol

TheHolo.Net
Nov 2nd, 2001, 01:42:25 PM
A name?!?!?! Thats more than I knew before, but I just skim topics in those forums, don't really read carefully. ^_^;

TheHolo.Net
Nov 2nd, 2001, 02:03:48 PM
I should probably bring this to your attention before I make any decisions. There is a discussion going on in the Role Playing OOC forum concerning signatures and their use.

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10838

I am considering adding a hack to the software, which will affect the behavior of how signatures are handled with our BB system. This change will affect everyone, and some more opinions from those not in the RP forums would be good to have. :)

Jedieb
Nov 2nd, 2001, 03:31:56 PM
Being someone who has a large sig I guess I should give some input. I wouldn't mind if the board automatically removed my sig after my first post. Once a thread is enough. There's no way my feeble and aged brain can remember to remove the sig after my first post.

As for Jon, no I wasn't referring to him. I was referring to Jo.. Joey Joe Joe! :mischief

TheHolo.Net
Nov 2nd, 2001, 04:16:50 PM
The hack didn’t function as I had understood it, so I made a slight modification to it. The current behavior is;

Unless starting a New topic, the “Show Signature” checkbox will be unchecked by default, requiring a conscious effort to actually include your signature in any replies to an already existing thread.

I am still attempting to get some of the PHP gurus at the vBulletin hacking site to make it so the option can be chosen from within a user’s control panel and am not sure how the current implementation will be received. In a way it helps the lazy person, and in a way it doesn’t.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Champion of the Force
Nov 2nd, 2001, 09:02:59 PM
As for Jon, no I wasn't referring to him ... :mischief
Just so long as it isn't Creamy Sunshine. :lol

(Creamy Sunshine is an alternate alias of mine BTW - yes I have reserve names in stock here :))

I understand why you'd like to avoid him Jedieb. I even made a point to myself when I was holding the nominations that Jon and Fox (for an entirely seperate incident) would not be considered for the position of moderator. Thankfully neither were nominated. :)

Sanis Prent
Nov 3rd, 2001, 01:47:06 AM
lol...those guys freakin crack me up