PDA

View Full Version : A little suggestion for the boards....

Alpha
Oct 31st, 2001, 07:45:14 AM
This is just a little fun piece, not really neccessary.

The one thing I miss from EZBoards is the Custom Title feature. Is there any way we could get that here? OR would that be too much hassle for the Admins and Mods?

Either way, I just thought it would be fun to have.

Sanis Prent
Oct 31st, 2001, 08:57:26 AM
The custom title feature is still very workable...but WAY too hassle-filled.

As on the original SWfans at ezboard, CTs will not be used.

Nupraptor
Oct 31st, 2001, 08:59:40 AM
We, of course, have the ability to give people custom titles. In fact, Ezboard was the very last system to implement this feature: All of the other BBs had long since been using Custom Titles. However, if you'll recall, individual custom titles were not used at the old SWFans board, and so the policy was carried over to here. Among other things, it would just take too much time to give hundreds of posters individual titles.

Champion of the Force
Oct 31st, 2001, 05:18:16 PM
Actually I think there is a feature which allows the users themselves to give themselves their own custom title if they reach a certain milestone (eg. 50 posts).

However it would probably just invite problems. I think the current ranking system is fine. :)

Mhalbrecht Dalarsco
Oct 31st, 2001, 05:55:28 PM
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!
Make it 5000 posts, so it will be a while before anyone get's there, and a true milestone.
I'll give you candy!:) :angel

Slayn Rainyer
Oct 31st, 2001, 11:30:35 PM
Did we not go over this when the board was first moved here? I remember something like this...

Champion of the Force
Oct 31st, 2001, 11:36:49 PM
We went through a similar subject, but it was about ranks (which we ended up applying via the stars under the username) instead of custom titles.

Alpha
Oct 31st, 2001, 11:46:03 PM
Oh...Ok. Thanx for the info.