PDA

View Full Version : The OOC forum is getting a bit sticky

Q
Oct 31st, 2001, 05:19:20 AM
What I mean is that 4 sticky threads really is too clutter-some, making it hard to tell where the actual threads start. Can at least one of them be un-stuck?

Also, I believe Raine's thread should be closed. All she's doing is starting the same discussion over again because she's unwilling to read through the 10 pages in the other one.

Sanis Prent
Oct 31st, 2001, 09:10:09 AM
I'm considering it.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 31st, 2001, 09:22:10 AM
I already let a few topics drop from stickiness. :p

Raine's topic: People are stressed and need to vent/express their opinions. I see no reason to close/delete it.

Sanis Prent
Oct 31st, 2001, 09:35:16 AM
Damn the man....I didn't know you were on, dammit! :lol

:\ well, I closed it, cause its really nothing new, and just the same flame with a different name.

should we discuss it?

TheHolo.Net
Oct 31st, 2001, 09:37:17 AM
Nah, your decision is alright. I just think letting people speak their minds at this time is a better avenue than closing things on them, but we all think differently.

My DSL connection is being rather bouncy right now and I am coming and going, just to let you know.

Sanis Prent
Oct 31st, 2001, 09:40:08 AM
No probs here. Comcast bounces me around high noon each day, so I understand :)

At any rate, he/she can contact us or fill out the damn survey. Raine didn't bring cookies, so IMO, the thread be closed :)

TheHolo.Net
Oct 31st, 2001, 09:44:04 AM
I think I am going to go into quiet Admin mode in the Roleplaying sections for a little while, unless I am directly asked for something or I feel compelled to speak. For the moment I am a bit burnt out and just want to try and relax, but I won't let anything go to hell.

Champion of the Force
Oct 31st, 2001, 05:14:56 PM
Regarding the Sticky icon - I like it a lot, but as Nup pointed out it can get hard to tell the sticky threads from the normal threads.

Perhaps we should just revert back to the plain old Top: text? Maybe not as stylish, but maybe more practical.

Pierce Tondry
Oct 31st, 2001, 05:51:26 PM
I agree with Dave that the matter could best be solved with text. I didn't quite understand why the arrow was there until I made a thread stick myself.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 31st, 2001, 06:09:38 PM
I'm ok with it, especially since some of the "top" icons in a few of the style sets look bad. :x

Sanis Prent
Oct 31st, 2001, 06:26:02 PM
agreed :) too many hieroglyphics in a board might be funky :)

Champion of the Force
Oct 31st, 2001, 07:45:27 PM
My fault for suggesting the icon in the first place. :)