PDA

View Full Version : This might not belong here...but I've gotta say something

Raine Sarin
Oct 31st, 2001, 02:55:59 AM
Alrighty, I'm on a roll..let's see how many people I can anger here as well. And Admins..go ahead and delete this....ban me..do whatever..but I gotta say something...

I've watched one thing happen time and time again..and I've gotta speak up...

I'd greatly appreciate it ...if you would all STOP YOUR BASHING OF DARA as well as some other people.... I don't care what she did, I don't see her attacking you all in public. That last thing that happend a few night ago with Tasha and all of them...I'm sorry, but I saw what Tasha put, and it was rude...

And don't think I'm saying this because Dara is controlling me or anything...YES she happens to be a friend of mine, but in all honesty...I don't know what you all have against her OOCly..but she's a damn nice person...not just to me mind you..but to anyone I've seen that is willing to talk to her in a CIVIL mannor.

Why do you people laugh when she asks a question? Sure...it might be something that's dealt with before..but not everyone has time to read every damned message on these boards!

And what's worse...heavens forbid someone stands up for a newbie! Oh no! What's next?! Explaining things without flaming someone?

I'm sorry, but I don't see you guys treating anyone else like this. Or if you do, it isn't with the rudeness to this extreeme.

Okay..that's all...I've just seen this happen so much...and i'm rather sick of it....True you guys do handle things well a majority of the time, but I'm just tired of seeing you people go after one person time and time again...you need to grow up.

Whee! And now that I'm on all of your crap lists... :D I'll just...go to bed and wonder if this will still be here in the morning....ha! I doubt it...don't want anyone seeing the fact you guys do this...

Arya Ravenwing
Oct 31st, 2001, 03:10:18 AM
Actually, this is the right place for that post. Its the OOC forum. And I don't believe any "Dara Bashing" has occured on the board. Perhaps I am wrong in my perception of the past two or so days.

Tasha Kozkis
Oct 31st, 2001, 03:11:56 AM
I'm really frellin tired of my name being dragged through the mud because I'm blunt.

I'm not the most wordy or polite person at all times. Am I normally blatantly rude? No.

Screw you for flaming me. I'm really dissapointed by you people, and the fact that you think I "attacked a newbie."

I told the person that it wasn't the right forum. I told him I'm a bit of an english Nazi, and to be warry of my kin. I told the person to have a gander at the FAQ. I reccomended that (s)he take a more formal stance on writing, since many here have, and its the general trend.

Must everything be goddamned yellow lab puppies with pink bows?

Its high fugging time people stood up for themselves for a change.

Piss off.

Raine Sarin
Oct 31st, 2001, 03:19:55 AM
Bah, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. I never said anything had to be sugar-coated, but it's just common sence that you don't point those things out to people in public...it's like telling someone their fat or something in the middle of a party...but..like I said...whatever, your opinion, you can have it..I have mine.

hate me if you want...I don't even know you...so I can't say I hate you...I just think what you did was wrong..but that's just me and I have a thing about trying to keep the nicer newbies around rather than biting their heads off.

imported_Firebird1
Oct 31st, 2001, 03:21:38 AM
Edited out due to lack of Watermellons.

Taylor Millard
Oct 31st, 2001, 03:28:00 AM
Originally posted by Raine Sarin
Whee! And now that I'm on all of your crap lists... :D I'll just...go to bed and wonder if this will still be here in the morning....ha! I doubt it...don't want anyone seeing the fact you guys do this...

Do what? Bash Dara? I didn't notice that. But then I'm just naive :) First off, CHILL OUT! Deep breaths, sleep is good. Calm the &*$¿ down.

You're not on my crap list. But I do have a gripe:

Why is it that when everyone writes a thread defending any poster, they expect to get banned for it? My Lord, I doubt you will because this IS an OOC Forum and everyone has the right to say what they wish (to a degree). I've seen this at other boards and it drives me nuts.

Originally posted by Raine Sarin
And what's worse...heavens forbid someone stands up for a newbie! Oh no! What's next?! Explaining things without flaming someone?

For God's sake...do we have to go over this again? Tasha was NOT I repeat for those deaf and in the back NOT, flaming the poster. Were they blunt? Yes. Rude? No. To the point? Yes. A bit Less Tactful? Sure. But flaming? Uh uh.

Has the poster come back? I dunno. There are plenty of things to do on a Sunday. Church, Football Games, Families, Homework. Dur. So chill.

It's not the end of the world. I seriously doubt you're going to get banned. So chill, okay?

Listen I don't spend a lot of time in the OOC forum for this reason. Do you have every reason to post this? Sure. Did Tasha do any 'Dara Bashing'? Not to my knowledge. Will you get banned? Ain't up to me. You haven't done any serious transgressions (though flaming Tasha won't get you on my Christmas Card list. 'Course, Tasha isn't on it either :p ). So again.

CHILL OUT!

Thank you.

Arya Ravenwing
Oct 31st, 2001, 03:29:49 AM
O_o who is HIM? Also, Raine, if you only want to keep the "nicer newbies" around...well that seems a bit rude as well.

People have different personalities. Can't we just accept that? Trying to play the peacemaker here, it seems that this is just a clash of personalities. Tasha is right. Not everyone is a "yellow lab puppy with pink bows."

Tasha was short and to the point with the post. There is nothing wrong with that. Dara included sugar and links to the FAQ. There is NOTHING wrong with that either. The inital attack was against Tasha, saying that the post was rude to the newbie.

People, we are all different! I like chocolate! Some people don't! Tasha prefers real sentances over run-ons! Some people don't offer constructive criticsm! Do we really care all that much about it to bring up and re-hash this all OVER AGAIN?!

NO! Please, let this rest, and let us get back to RPing. Please?

Raine Sarin
Oct 31st, 2001, 03:36:32 AM
whoo....let me clear something up...I don't mean Tasha did anything against Dara...I was just disapointed when I heard (and saw) people jumping down Dara's throat because of her reply on the thread...and that's what bugged me majorly...

in all honesty..I don't have anything against Tasha...I don't consider her a bad person...just believed it could have been handled differently...but that's a whole 'nother story. Please, don't think I'm on an anti-tasha thing here..oh no, no, no...in all honesty, like I said, I don't have anything really against her..if anyone took it that way, sorry about that. And actually..this whole thing has been going on for a lot longer than just a few days..*has seen it happen over the past year* (don't let that whole small post thing throw you off..I lurk a lot) so really..this doesn't have anything to do with Tasha..sorry for bringing her name up and such...

and as for the whole "nicer newbies" bit...that pretty much meant like..the non-spammers, and the people that are just starting out here and trying to make some friends...

This was all meant for a broaders sence..and is directed at a few people who will know who they are when they read this...if they read it...

But whatever..I'm calm..for the mostpart...

Again, Tasha..I'm sorry if that seemed like I was flaming you, it wasn't really meant to be, and I'm writing this at like...12:30 at night...so...yeah...I'm not really awake and making sence right now either..

Nupraptor
Oct 31st, 2001, 05:14:14 AM
To be frank: This issued was discussed already. There's a thread over 10 pages long about this. You're not offering anything new to the subject, and only going to suceede in inciting even more people.

Varlon Konrad
Oct 31st, 2001, 07:56:57 AM
To be frank: This issued was discussed already. There's a thread over 10 pages long about this. You're not offering anything new to the subject, and only going to suceede in inciting even more people.
Last I checked, Nupt, Raine wasn't blind. So I'm sure he knew about that ten-page thread.

Nupraptor
Oct 31st, 2001, 08:52:59 AM
Well, aside from the fact that the title of the thread isn't very descriptive (and thus easily overlooked), I do think it's entirely possible that she could have simply not bothered reading it due to it's length. Because nothing she's said here hasn't already been said by other people. At least in that thread, everybody had calmed down to the point where they were discussing it rationally. I don't see this thread doing anything other than further inciting people and devolving into a possible flame war.

Sanis Prent
Oct 31st, 2001, 09:31:37 AM
(bites tongue)

There was no bashing/flaming/etc of Dara by the staff whatsoever here. If you disagree, you can email/PM/AIM either myself or any other member of the staff to voice your opinion on the matter. I know I've already talked to you before on the matter, and I don't mind hearing out your perspective...but not in a thread which is exactly as incendiary as one in which we have already closed for decorum purposes.

At the very least, you can list your grievances in the survey, whenever it is set up.

My email is loungiemu@hotmail.com and my AIM name is Sanis Prent if you feel you need to speak with me. I'll leave the option to PM the other staff members, as I don't know their preferences regarding email and AIM privacy.

But in the here and now, this thread is closed.