PDA

View Full Version : Cookie Question

Mu Satach
Oct 30th, 2001, 04:54:24 PM
Hey all... love the work you guys are doing...

but I've noticed that my login is expiring after a certain amount of time now??? And before it was per session...

Not a big deal, but I like to keep a browser open through out my work day and post now and then... and it kinda sucks to have to keep re-logging in when before I could just log in once.

but it's not a biggie... :cat

TheHolo.Net
Oct 30th, 2001, 04:57:43 PM
There are two Seperate Cookie options in the <a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/usercp.php?s=>User Control Panel</a> in the options section. Set them both to "Yes" and you shouldn't have any trouble with what you are requesting. :)

I believe that one says something along the lines of remember username and password. If you remember to log out at the end of your day then no one else can use your account on that PC.

Mu Satach
Oct 30th, 2001, 05:07:40 PM
Ok... I just liked closing my browser when I wanted to log out.

Plus I just don't like getting into the habit of having my browser automatically log me back into something.

but like I said, no biggie.

Thanks. =)

TheHolo.Net
Oct 30th, 2001, 05:10:57 PM
I placed a great deal of log out links all over the various "Default" style sets. As for the other cookie setting expiring; It is something I have control over, but is mainly used to set a time limit for who is displayed in the Who's Online section/feature. It is curretly set to last 15 minutes, and that was probably what was causing your issue without the "Save uname & pw" option clicked. Hope I was at least able to help some.

Mu Satach
Oct 30th, 2001, 06:54:25 PM
Yeah, :)

I'm just lazy and paranoid at the same time.

;) :D ;)

No worries!
:crack

TheHolo.Net
Oct 30th, 2001, 07:07:46 PM
:lol

You are welcome for whatever assistance I did provide. :D