PDA

View Full Version : AOTC release date

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 30th, 2001, 12:34:25 PM
This is from an AP article and I am not sure if this is the offical date or not
Curiously, the Lucas-Pixar bond carries a potential downside for both of their host studios despite the ""Star Wars'' PR manna: ""Attack of the Clones'' reaches theaters on May 17, shortly before ""Lilo & Stitch'' bows.

Now we were all under the assumtion that it would open on the 22nd which is a wed. Now regardless the article I am sure has it wrong the 17th is a Friday so that means it is either the following Wed or it is the 15.

Second what is Lilo & Stitch? They seem to suggest that either one or both of the movies will be hurt because they open closely together. I guess they could suggest that Pixar shouldn't be promoting AOTC because its will probably blow away there film, of course they could also movie it back into June away from AOTC which would be a smart move.

darth_mcbain
Oct 30th, 2001, 01:30:15 PM
According to IMDB, Lilo and Stitch is an animated family flick:

Lilo is a 5 year old Hawaiian girl who's quite peculiar: she has an off beat take on life and is a little obsessed about taking care of downtrodden animals. for example, she collects cans and bottles to recycle from the beach and buys fish food with the money she makes, then paddles out in the ocean to feed the fish there. Meanwhile, on a distant planet, alien authorities have captured the most dangerous of all criminals and are sending him via rocket to a prison planet. This is stitch.

darth_mcbain
Oct 30th, 2001, 01:32:10 PM
By the way, I think it goes without saying that regardless of how the release dates work, I'll probably be going to see Ep. II over Lilo & Stitch. Just a hunch I have... :crack

Darth23
Oct 30th, 2001, 05:49:25 PM
I think the article gor it wrong. I can't imagine Lucas changing from the Wednesday opening for either of the final 2 Star Wars films. Or for the next Raiders either, if it gets made.

Mu Satach
Oct 31st, 2001, 05:07:28 AM
NO! Lilo & Stitch RULE MAN!!! THEY RULE DO YOU HEAR ME!!!

they are going to rule the weekend... their numbers are going to make all previous box office numbers PALE in comparison!

In fact! L & S are going to be the run away hit of 2002!!!!!

KNEAL TO L&S! KNEAL AND BOW BEFORE THEIR GREATNESS!!!

:crack :crack :crack :crack :crack :crack :crack :crack