PDA

View Full Version : My plan regarding Fleet Rules talks.

Pierce Tondry
Oct 29th, 2001, 05:21:10 PM
Fellow RolePlayers:

Since I seem to have assumed the mantle of responsibility for moving the Fleet Rules along |I, I felt it might be a good idea to post my plan of action and my progress here on the OOC board so that the posters have some idea of how things are going.

My intention is to talk with several people on their specific dislikes regarding the Fleet Rules. I will compare opinions and compile a report with their opinions and my suggestions, which I will then show the mods and admins. The mods and admins who are interested can discuss the report, bandy about possible solutions, and then stop drinking and integrate the suggestions into a Draft II. We post Draft II and let people see it, then go from there.

Below is a list of people who have expressed an interest in discussing the Fleet Rules thread with me because they have one or more problems with it.

The List!

Varlon Konrad: {+}
Khendon Sevon: {+}
Firebird: {+}
Sumor Rayial: {-}
Master Yoghurt: {-}

Key:
{+} means I have talked with the person in question.
{-} means I have not talked with the person

If your keen powers of perception are as good as C-3P0's :), you'll notice that this list is pretty short. This is because I haven't had a lot of people contact me or post to me on the issue. If you are not on this list and would like to be please, post in this thread with your main/most recognizeable screen name, as well as some contact information so that I won't have to hunt for it. If you have a specific time you're usually reachable, it might help to throw that information in there, too. My schedule is literally all over the place.

I'd like to ask people to please keep this thread relatively free of silliness and tangent comments, because I intend to refer back to this thread (as well as update it) as I go through this process. This will help everybody keep track of what is happening on both sides of the fence.

Thanks. :)

~Brian

Sanis Prent
Oct 29th, 2001, 05:28:48 PM
Also, since Mr. Tondry bounces around more than a high-powered rubber ball, you can talk to me about the same issue if he is not available. Mind you, he's a bit more prepared for the press conferences than I am, but I'm sure I can answer most of your questions, or at least be a good secretary for Mr. Tondry while he's out on the town.

Pierce Tondry
Oct 29th, 2001, 06:43:32 PM
(I have to break my own rule, but just because it's such a perfect situation.)

*Pats Sanis on the head and throws him a Scooby Snack.* Good boy! :D

(Back to the topic!) Sanis is right- if he's on and you're on and I'm not, go ahead and say something to him. Please keep in mind that all AIM conversations and posts (and whatever else exists) regarding the matter will be saved for future reference. That way, the admins will not have to talk around their buttcheeks because they said something incorrect- they can just look the material up before they speak. :)

P.S. Good idea, bro-man. Thanks.

Sanis Prent
Oct 29th, 2001, 06:46:55 PM
No problem! :)

(eats a few valiums and swigs down a liter of Beam)

I'm ready to go! :lol

Master Yoghurt
Oct 30th, 2001, 07:02:01 PM
I like the draft for the most part, but there are some concerns most notably regarding the construction rules which I will address when my head is a bit clearer. :p

Might contact one of you or post about it a bit later.