PDA

View Full Version : Monsters Inc!

Darth23
Oct 26th, 2001, 05:48:14 PM
Anyone going to see it? Anyone think it WON'T make at least 100 million?

I was probably going to see it even before the rumors of the forst AOTC trailer showign up with it, not I'll probably definitely see it. I never saw the TPM trailers on the big screen.

Jedieb
Oct 26th, 2001, 05:52:38 PM
I'll be seeing it on a Saturday matinee. It looks pretty decent, but I'm not getting a Shrek or Toy Story kind of vibe from it. I'll probably like it though because I've always liked Billy Crystal. I just wish it was coming out this weekend, the anticipation is killing me!

Darth23
Oct 26th, 2001, 05:59:41 PM
Wow. Someone looking forward to it. Maybe I should have waited before giving my Monsters inc poster that I got at Dragon Con to a friend of mine.

Billy Crystal has been kind of annoying me lately, I used to liek hm more that I do now. Hopefully the Pixar people did at least a decent job.

JonathanLB
Oct 26th, 2001, 05:59:45 PM
I love Pixar. Of course I'll see it :)

Anything they do is golden, so yes it'll make more than $100 million quite easily I believe. I cannot imagine it doing worse...

Pixar is an awesome company.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 26th, 2001, 09:56:39 PM
I will be going to see it with my nephew next Saturday. I'g guess it makes between 130-150, it has some heavy competiton coming in two weeks Harry Potter.

JonathanLB
Oct 26th, 2001, 10:11:25 PM
I bet anything that Monsters, Inc. is way better than Harry Potter.

That movie looks so utterly stupid. I will trust the books were good, but the movie looks like a lousy kids film, not a film for all ages. The trailer was just totally stupid and boring.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 26th, 2001, 11:27:10 PM
IT could just be a bad trailer the first two FOTR trailers weren't that good maybe the third trailer which comes out next friday will be better.

Champion of the Force
Oct 26th, 2001, 11:41:28 PM
Well I thought both the Harry Potter and first 2 LOTR trailers were pretty good, so :mneh to you both. :D

Actually I do admit that the HP trailer looked a tad childish when I first saw it - before I read the book. Now that I've read the books (all 4 of them) however the trailer does look fairly accurate to the novels, which can only be a good thing. :)

JonathanLB
Oct 27th, 2001, 11:18:23 AM
I thought the LOTR trailers were awesome!!! They're really, really good... I can't wait.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 27th, 2001, 06:31:32 PM
Its just that the first trailer didn't really blow me away (I guess because it showed almost nothing IMO) The Second trailer was good, no where near TPM' s Trailer A, The last trailer was awesome though almost as good as Trailer B. Harry Potter's trailer wasn't bad (there was one really good scene with Alan Rickman) but I figure the next trailer will really show off the movie. The problem is these trailers are mostly teaser and aren't meant to showing anything so it is hard to judge a film by them, usually the best judgement comes from the last trailer like in FOTR and hopefully Harry Potter.

I'd still say Harry Potter will beat Monsters INC anywhere from 25-50 million and fall in the 180-200 range. Both films will do very well it is just that Harry Potter is very popular with children right now and that will help it be very popular at the box office.

Champion of the Force
Oct 27th, 2001, 07:54:39 PM
The next Harry Potter trailer is being released next week - and it's going to feature Quiditch!. :)

imported_Dara Shadowtide
Oct 29th, 2001, 12:05:42 AM
I'll definitely be going to see Monsters Inc. on Friday when it opens. I always love the imaginative things Pixar is able to do with CGI and plus the bonus of the AOTC breathing trailer attached to the film is a great draw for me too. :)

darth_mcbain
Oct 29th, 2001, 01:59:38 PM
I will definitely check it out, although I don't know if I will make it opening night. I loved the other Disney/Pixar productions and I'm sure that they will do a good job with this one. Of course, having the Ep. II trailer on it doesn't hurt matters! Even though it will probably not show all that much, I think it is going to be so awesome when it comes up on the screen!

JonathanLB
Oct 29th, 2001, 03:15:31 PM
The official site has finally confirmed! Episode II teaser in just four days! :)

WOW.

darth_mcbain
Oct 29th, 2001, 05:07:24 PM
I know - the LONG countdown is still going, but at least here is a little something to tide us over. I know once the LucasFilm logo pops up I'll probably get shivers all down my spine.

JonathanLB
Oct 29th, 2001, 08:22:57 PM
We are so close! haha. This is history in the making again. Very, very cool. It seems like it is so soon, plus, FOUR DAYS until the teaser! That's unbelievable...

My, time has passed faster this time around I think. I was thinking two years before TPM came out that "if only I could see one new Star Wars movie, the wait until the second would be much easier." I am surprised, but I was actually right. I thought maybe I was just telling myself that and really it would be a lot worse, but the wait has been good, very short seemingly. I mean, I've enjoyed TPM during the wait and the other SW films, enjoyed discussing TPM plenty, so it doesn't seem to me like this wait was as bad considering that I wasn't waiting 16 years for TPM, either, though. I was waiting only a couple, actually... less than for AOTC.

I am sure the wait between AOTC and Episode III is going to SUCK. Cliffhanger ending, haha, oh boy...