PDA

View Full Version : Hey all

Tasha Kozkis
Oct 26th, 2001, 04:42:48 PM
Please move this to out of character... this isn't appropriate for this forum.

This forum is for roleplays... "wuz up" doesn't belong here. Please read the FAQ

imported_Dara Shadowtide
Oct 26th, 2001, 05:07:54 PM
Hi there Korran and welcome to swfans roleplaying. I think the FAQ you are looking for is located here:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52

Alot of information about the different groups at swfans is located here:

http://pub26.ezboard.com/bgalacticbattlezone

I hope this helps.

Lord Gue
Oct 26th, 2001, 05:30:59 PM
hey, ya never know, someone might have a character who says "wassup"

DarthHERA
Oct 26th, 2001, 09:07:13 PM
Hello Korran.

Darth Havok
Oct 26th, 2001, 09:12:07 PM
Hello... Hope you enjoy your stay Korran...:D

Sierra Sha
Oct 26th, 2001, 09:42:20 PM
yo :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 27th, 2001, 05:13:24 AM
Welcome to the house of fun :D :crack

Thanatos Van Derveld
Oct 27th, 2001, 12:20:58 PM
:x I hope no one says "Wuzup" IC...

Oh, and Hello. ^__^

Rama
Oct 27th, 2001, 02:38:59 PM
Wanna sip of my soda?

imported_Eve
Oct 27th, 2001, 09:34:56 PM
In every situation there are several ways to deal with it ...

The way Tasha delt with new person... BAD.
The way Dara delt with new person... GOOD.

Well I think we know who shouldn't and should be in the swfans welcoming committee.

Soda is always good.

Q
Oct 27th, 2001, 11:37:41 PM
While not exactly friendly, there was nothing Tasha did wrong. In fact, all Dara did was say "Read the FAQ", which Tasha did as well. Dara simply spent the extra time to provide links. Moreover, Tasha did something important: They pointed out that it was in the wrong forum. If the topic were simply moved, it'd be likely that Korran (not knowing where his topic went), would continue to create OOC topics in the other forums. It was an honest mistake, one that is fairly normal for any new person to make. And the only way you're going to learn from your mistakes is if someone corrects you.

imported_Dara Shadowtide
Oct 28th, 2001, 12:36:26 AM
It was the lack of friendliness that was my concern actually.. as I have already mentioned in the other thread regarding this topic..

In my opinion there are many more tactful ways to inform and educate posters without publically reprimanding them should they make errors or honest mistakes.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 28th, 2001, 12:46:55 AM
None of us can be accountable for the "friendliness" of all the posters here. The post was not along the lines of what I would classify as a flame, and seeing that it was not edited by the other Admin or any of the mods, it appears none of the other staff members seem to think it was a flame either. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to speak their mind. I think enough has been said on this subject from all sides and its time to move on to better things.

Q
Oct 28th, 2001, 12:53:26 AM
I do so love the way you play with words.

"Reprimand" is an official warning, usually entailing the threat of action being taken if the person fails to follow the warning. As such, it holds a harsher connontation.

Let's dissect Tasha's post, shall we?

"Please move this to out of character" - Note the use of the word 'Please'. Sounds good to me.

"This isn't appropriate for this forum" - Very simple and straight to the point. Tasha could have said this in much more unfriendly ways.

"This forum is for roleplays... "wuz up" doesn't belong here" - This is a reiteration/clarifaction of the last point.

"Please read the FAQ" - Again, using the word 'Please'.

While Tasha never said "Welcome to the board!", I don't believe that there is any rule which states one has to be overly friendly to everyone else. Was it a warm welcome? No. Was it polite? Yes.

Novi Paran
Oct 28th, 2001, 01:18:36 AM
Circumstances involving new rpgers in need of redirection or polite correction, could be dealt with easily by PM or email. Thus avoids controversies. This very situation is reminder of what it can turn into.

Welcome aboard, Korran!

TheHolo.Net
Oct 29th, 2001, 04:53:41 PM
I have moved this thread back to the OOC forum for public browsing so that anyone can refer to it for whatever points they may wish to make. The staff has nothing to hide or sweep under the rug. The reason it was moved in the first place was to attempt to diffuse an (my opinion)unnecessarily escalating situation,(/my opinion) which I learned of over AIM.

For further clarification, this thread was split from the original:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10783

Which had been pruned of all posts, in an effort to treat all parties who had participated in the disagreement in the same fashion. The only post removed from this thread was Korran Horn’s first post and its contents were:

Korran Horn
SWFans.Net Poster
Style set: Default
Reply | Edit | Quote
Hey all 10.26.01 04:25:01 PM

[/IMG] hey all im new here so wuz up and who's here