Goes back to work on all the code stuff

Champion of the Force
Oct 25th, 2001, 09:18:30 PM
Nice try anyway. :)

TheHolo.Net
Oct 25th, 2001, 09:19:13 PM
yadda yadda

I got the View New Posts link working again. :D

Now to see if I can get the hack to actually do what it is supposed to. :)

TheHolo.Net
Oct 25th, 2001, 09:39:53 PM
Still testing....

TheHolo.Net
Oct 25th, 2001, 09:47:46 PM
hrrrmmmm

TheHolo.Net
Oct 25th, 2001, 09:51:07 PM
Pulls out hair

TheHolo.Net
Oct 25th, 2001, 11:00:50 PM
And again.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 25th, 2001, 11:25:48 PM
Ahhhhhhhh!

Kicks back after all the hard work is done and over.

A semi extensive hack, but I pulled it off. :D

Champion of the Force
Oct 26th, 2001, 03:48:34 AM
Spammer. :p

:: becomes serious ::

Hmmm - it stuffed up for me. I went to make the OOC forum read, and when I returned to the main board screen all the other forums had been marked read as well. :\

Champion of the Force
Oct 26th, 2001, 03:51:44 AM
:: tests again ::

Nope, still marks all the forums read (posted 2 messages is seperate forums and tried to make one of the forums read, but it affected all of them again). :\

TheHolo.Net
Oct 26th, 2001, 08:51:30 AM
Try logging out and logging back in. Might need a new cookie. I tested it with three names now and it worked for all of them.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Oct 26th, 2001, 09:43:32 AM
lmao :p

TheHolo.Net
Oct 26th, 2001, 09:47:44 AM
I have now tested it with over 7 different names and on two different PCs with different Operating systems. I think a fresh cookie is what is needed.

There was one oddity with one name. When I logged in and the Forum Home page loaded, all forums appeared to be marked read, but I went into a Forum and then came back to the main page via a link, not the back button, and the forums weren't marked read any longer and the Mark forum Read feature worked flawlessly.

Champion of the Force
Oct 26th, 2001, 10:57:36 PM
Tried logging out then back in - still does it. I hit "Mark read' on the forum here then returned to the main page and all the forums had been marked read again. :\

EDIT: I tried it with another username as well. Still not working for me.

On another note, the 'e-mail' icon for the Basic - Light theme has defaulted back to the original image instead of displaying the one you made Ogre.

EDIT: The '2 star' rank has also changed - it appears to have lost it's black outline.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 26th, 2001, 11:05:55 PM
Let me check the links I placed in the templates for the Basic - Light theme, and make sure that its correct. I have confirmed with a couple other people that Mark Forum read is working properly for them as well. Perhaps I placed the wrong code in the templates, but I don't think so. =/

Which Mark Forum Read link are you using? The one here inside the forum you say.

As for the mail icon, that may be a browser cache issue, since I just switched to your theme and did a hard refresh and see the custom email link.

I wonder if your two issues may be somehow related. Browser bugs possibly. History/cache/Cookies. O_o

Champion of the Force
Oct 26th, 2001, 11:14:24 PM
I just tried the Ctrl-Shift-Refresh - it fixed the e-mail and star images. :)

Thus far I have only used the Mark Forum read feature within the forums themselves.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 26th, 2001, 11:18:51 PM
Yep, I just figured that out. I am having trouble with the mark feature within forums as well when using this style set/template set. Even after placing the link in a different place in the forum, but it did work properly when I used it on the forum main page.

This makes zero sense. x_x All the hacks were only to actual source code files and the links are merely href tags. They are exactly the same additions, though in slightly different places, hence why there are two Mark Forum Read links within the forum right now, to test if the location within templates made a difference, but it didn't. x_x

Champion of the Force
Oct 26th, 2001, 11:18:54 PM
I just tried the feature via the main board (instead of within the actual forum) - it works fine.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 26th, 2001, 11:22:35 PM
Having the same exact issue with the Text Based style set to. Time to look over the hack thread at the vB support forums and maybe ask the developer if this is a known issue.

Champion of the Force
Oct 26th, 2001, 11:23:36 PM
It's working now within the forums as well. :)

Maybe that big refresh did the trick?

TheHolo.Net
Oct 26th, 2001, 11:29:59 PM
I'm not sure if that is the solution or not, don't think so. I just tried it and no help. Tried logging out and back in, no help. Now I am trying Mark all forums read and then a single forum, after this post, within the forum to see if that does it.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 26th, 2001, 11:30:51 PM
Yep, that seemed to have worked. :)