PDA

View Full Version : I bought two Websites for $25,000.

JonathanLB
Oct 25th, 2001, 08:35:46 AM
Today I just completed a deal that has been ongoing for several weeks now and has involved many, many late nights and long hours of work to complete.

Escrow.com has closed the deal and will pay the previous Webmaster $25,000 through a wire transfer to his bank account.

The main site I bought is http://www.freefunjokes.com The site boasts a newsletter of 160,000 subscribers, has more than 1/4 million visitors per month, and well more than one million page views.

The second site is not developed but has between 5,000 and 7,000 visitors *daily* even without a real site on the domain (the search engines feed this site). It is http://www.ezzzy.com Expect to see a fully developed celebrity site in less than one month.

Within two weeks, look for my movie review site to have about 35 new reviews and re-launch at http://www.JLBMovies.com

Also within two weeks, http://www.VinDieselWorld.com will be overhauled and will include news, reviews, and photos from his films (or at least a section for them, hehe). The first newsletter will go out soon (the list has more than 400 subscribers in just 20 days).

My book site will have its own domain and that will launch soon at http://www.JonathanLBowen.com

http://www.JLH-Online.com will have more than 75 new pictures added within a month (hopefully).

http://www.JLBMedia.com will change to reflect the new sites and have a space for press releases about the company (and it is just that now, an online company with a significant online presence).

In the future, I have plans to develop a Star Wars site at Test-Of-Time.com and a humor site at BannedUser.com. I have nine registered domains and seven Websites (with JLBMedia.com serving as just a headquarters for the other six).

So, that is where it stands now. I won't be making any other major purchases until about 9 to 12 months from now at the earliest...

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 25th, 2001, 05:27:22 PM
Cool looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you though, and I will be sure to check those sites out.

JonathanLB
Oct 25th, 2001, 06:07:34 PM
I have been working today to find celebrity pictures, 8 each for 25 celebrities, so 200 total. It's extremely annoying because I want to find basically the 8 best, or 8 of the better pictures per celebrity.

That site needs to be up and running very soon so I can start taking advantage of the revenue potential. Should be a good site...

The next few weeks will be so incredibly busy.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 25th, 2001, 06:34:51 PM
Which celebraties are you looking for? I have a few on my computer but it might not be of any you need.

JonathanLB
Oct 25th, 2001, 07:16:48 PM
I have my share of celebrity pictures on the computer too, but they are all saved in bitmap form and that is awful for Websites of course, so I have to go find most of this stuff again in JPEG.

I don't even know what all celebrities will be there yet, I'm at about 12 right now. The site will launch with 25 celebrities, 8 pictures each (not much, but it is just a sampling of a lot of celebs), then I'll expand it later.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 25th, 2001, 07:35:57 PM
most of mine are in JPG I think. The best pics I have are of Leelee Sobieski so if you need any of her just let me know.

JonathanLB
Oct 25th, 2001, 09:35:22 PM
The guys at the swamps mentioned her.

What is up with that? Do you guys actually think she is hot or do you just like her acting...? I think she's a good actress, but she's not even just a little bit hot. She's at best a 7.5 out of 10. I mean, I like her acting, but looks? No...

Ah well, whatever. I guess I just don't get it.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 25th, 2001, 10:15:42 PM
I think she is hot but that is just my opinion here is a pic just to show her off
http://www.homunculus.com/profane/reliquary/sobieskileelee/images/sobieski0270.jpg

JonathanLB
Oct 25th, 2001, 10:46:00 PM
She's just pretty average I think, a little above average. Her face isn't that great. I dunno, whatever. One of those things I guess I will never understand. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 25th, 2001, 11:02:28 PM
I think its partly her personality, it something you can't really see. When I first saw pictures of her I never really thought much of her. But when I saw her in a couple of films (Joan of Arc was the first for me) I started to find her attractive. I think its more from the way she presents herself but its just my opinion we all have different tastes. In fact there are someone on this board who finds Bea Arthur more attractive than Cameron Diaz ;)

JonathanLB
Oct 26th, 2001, 03:39:58 AM
Who the hell is Bea Arthur?! I don't even know who some of these people are.

The whole point of a celebrity is that people know them. I mean come on, I can sit here and name 100 hot celebrities and I know tons of models, obscure actresses, etc, but I never cease to be amazed when someone mentions some name that means nothing to me. :)

I get the feeling I should know this person but I have no clue...

Champion of the Force
Oct 26th, 2001, 03:46:52 AM
Kirsten Dunst rules all. :D

JonathanLB
Oct 26th, 2001, 06:44:53 AM
I like Kirsten Dunst, but still, look at Bring It On... Eliza Dushku is so much hotter!

Dunst is still good, but she is maybe a 9 out of 10 whereas Eliza is a 10.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 26th, 2001, 10:37:11 AM
I guess that joke flew by you Bea Arthur is an old actress, mostly TV (Maude, The Golden Girls) my joke came from months ago when the Holiday Special came up in a discussion and Buff said something along the lines that Bea Arthur was attractive in it. All else I remember is JMK grilling him about it.

JonathanLB
Oct 26th, 2001, 04:14:27 PM
Sorry I just don't know that many old actresses.

I was thinking more about some of the recent names I have heard people mention and I just think, "WHAT?!" I mean if I don't know the person, they're not really a celebrity. If I can go to 75 movies per year, listen to the radio a lot, check the Internet constantly, and watch TV and have never heard of someone, they're not much of a celebrity. They may be a rising star or something, but not a real celebrity. ;)

This does not apply to older actresses and actors, etc, just to new ones.

JMK
Oct 26th, 2001, 05:33:30 PM
Why has no one mentioned Ms Portman up there? Clearly she is one of the hottest. As well as Racheal Leigh Cook. But I don't want to get started on her....

JonathanLB
Oct 26th, 2001, 06:00:58 PM
You are right, as a Star Wars fan, I must put Portman up there too :)

Plus, she has more class than basically every other celebrity around. She has brains, something 99.5% of them cannot say, sorry... haha

foxdvd
Oct 26th, 2001, 06:54:44 PM
Jon, you can turn any BMP into a JPG with just about any paint program. Just save as when you have the picture open in your program (say Paintshop pro) and in the options choose jpg....be sure to pick high quality...if that is a choice.

JonathanLB
Oct 26th, 2001, 09:40:05 PM
Not with just paint. I tried renaming the file extension but that just makes it a different file type, same size, hehe...

Dutchy
Oct 27th, 2001, 01:08:47 PM
Originally posted by JonathanLB
Not with just paint. I tried renaming the file extension but that just makes it a different file type, same size, hehe...

Use PaintShopPro. You can convert all your .BMP files into .JPG files in just 1 batchrun. It lets you tag all the files at once and convert them.

JonathanLB
Oct 27th, 2001, 06:42:55 PM
I will need to try that. Thanks :)

By the way, I am in the process of buying another Website, haha.

A friend of mine started DeniseR.com four years ago roughly and the site is down now and he really doesn't care about it. He used to run about twenty sites when the ad market was awesome and he was making great money, but then it fell apart and he sold the network off piece by piece. I am in the process of buying the Denise Richards site from him. Not too much cash, just a bit.

It would be my fifth Website purchase and four total deals, the third biggest of the four, so pretty small.