View Full Version : Blob Racing (open)

Arya Ravenwing
Oct 25th, 2001, 02:59:10 AM
Arya jumped down from the cargo hold on her Chevette, and felt the satisfying thunk of the duracrete beneath her boots. The last of her shipment was gone, and all she had to do was hang around for a few more days until her next employer was ready with another load. She wasn't exactly sure what to expect when it arrived, but she wasn't too picky with her employers. She needed money too much to be choosy.

She locked up the Wing of the Raven, lit up a cigarra, and set out from the spaceport towards the main throughoufare of Umgul City. The air was cool, and she was bombarded on every side by glaringly bright neon signs. Arya glared at a Rodian selling maps, and stepped over a cleverly implanted advertisement for walking shoes in the permacrete walkway.

Drink Fizzyglug! Arya took in the flashing signs, and turned her head, trying to place the slight roaring noise she was hearing. Ah..yes. A sign for the Umgullian Blob races. Cheating at gambling on Umgul was punishable by death, but there were a few who were stupid enough to try. Frell, she wasn't that dumb. But catching a race or two would be diverting. Arya altered her direction, and walked towards the huge racing complex, the source of the cheers she had heard earlier.

The stadium was carved out of the same limestone rock that the city rested on, and was ringed by huge fans to blow away the thick fog that liked to settle in the river below the city. Arya ground her cigarra out on the ground underneath her boot, and ducked inside the stadium. There was a race underway, the protplasmic blobs struggling over what appeared to be a cross between a torture device and an obstacle course.

The smuggler rested her hands on her leather clothed hips, and looked for a seat. It was a large crowd today.

Steven Drake
Oct 26th, 2001, 12:14:12 AM
Steven Drake brought a match to his pipe, inhaling the sweet smell of glitterstim. It'd been a while since he'd been at the Blob Races, though associates of his told him how fun they were.

He walked towards the droid taking bets, placing several hundred credits on the table.

"I'll take 400 on Nick of Time," he said is accented Basic.

"Thank you sir," The Protocal Droid stated, "I am certain you will be happy with your choice."

I'd better. he thought, I'd hate to lose the hard earned money I got from the Empire to something like Blob Races. Plus, it'd suck to go back to Millard asking for more.

Drake noticed the black haired woman, smoking a cigarra standing near the entrance to the seating area.

Slipping up behind her, Drake said conversationally, "Would the lady like a drink? Or perhaps a place to sit?"

Arya Ravenwing
Oct 26th, 2001, 12:50:57 AM
Arya turned to the man behind her, and shook her head. "Nope." She eyed him up and down, and grinned, "But if you catch me after the race, maybe I'll take that drink."

She slipped into a seat near where she had entered, sitting next to a quiet teenaged human girl and her companion, a loud mouthed Corellian with a chip on his shoulder. He appeared to be in his early twenties, and was shouting lustily at Blob number 5. The blob was a light green with dark blue speckles on its protoplasm, and was at the front of the group of racing blobs. Arya sat forward, watching intently.

Five threw itself against a vertical barricade, consisting of a piece of durasteel (or the like), drilled through with hundreds of holes of various sizes. Arya wrinkled up her nose, watching the blob push itself through, coming out like green pasta on the other side, congealing into the complete blob again on the far side of the obstacle. The green and blue blob was the first through, and it quickly moved to the next obstacle, a net ladder of sorts. Blob 9 came up behind it, its holographic number straightening itself even as the blob tumbled everywhich way.

It's red and purple protoplasm pulsing, Nine sent out pseudopods in various directions, grasping at the rope of the net, struggling to pull up the majority of its weight as the other blobs caught up with the leaders. Wait... Arya looked back to the previous obstacle, seeing what looked like two...yes, two blobs. The numbers 1 and 7 danced around the quivering goop on the former side of the barricade.

Catching her bemused look, the girl on her left leaned over. "One was going too fast to stop when it finally caught up to the end of the pack...smashed right into number Seven. Its not uncommon, but unfortunate when it happens." Her accent was light, but Arya thought she heard a distinctively Alderaanian lilt to her Basic. She didn't look old enough to have actually lived on Alderaan, but perhaps she had grown up in one of the many colonies of Alderaanian refugees.

Arya nodded her thanks for her explaination, and returned her attention the the race. Five was over the net ladder, and sliding down the ramp on the other side, readying itself for a slurpy dash over six inch metal spikes. Nine was hot on its heels...if a protoplasm could be said to have heels... She jerked to the right as the Corellian male grabbed at his female companion in excitment, spilling beer on her and splashing Arya. He shouted encouragement to Five, not noticing what had happened.

The girl dripped silently, brushing at her tunic with her hand. He looked over at her. "Get me another, will you Gia?" He pressed his now empty beer cup into her hands. Gia got to her feet, excused herself around Arya, and walked up to the packed concessions. Arya glanced sideways at the man, but he was oblivious, all his attention settled on number 5, and the bet he had placed on it. The chit in his hand indicated a sizeable bet, and if the way he was cheering was any indication, he expected Five to win.

On the track, all the blobs were now navigating the bed of spikes, number Five in the lead, but Nine was closing in fast. Five slurped off the spikes, and was in the straightaway dash for the finish line. The man stood, arms raised in front of him, and screaming like a banshee. Arya stood also, if only to see around the person in front of her, who had also risen.

Gia arrived again, and Arya stepped out into the stairway to allow her back into her seat.

T'catnoc Terces
Oct 27th, 2001, 12:24:47 AM
Arya Ravenwing's complink beeped. There was a message for her waiting at her ship. It was marked URGENT with pay.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Half way across the galaxy, on Coruscant, a Bounty Hunter by the name of Azure Regalia received the same message on her ship, it also being marked URGENT with pay.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The Kubaz materialized from a shadow near the race boxes in the Umgul city. Walking down the long aisle, weaving in and out of the crowds, he serached the numbers above for race box 13B. Rounding the corner of the circular arena, the crowd errupted into a roar. He stopped momentarily to watch the race. Seemed the littlest of the slugs was making it's way to the head of the line. Life never ceased to amaze him.

Getting back to the task at hand, T'catnoc continued his way down the aisle, finally stopping at the race box he was looking for.

His assignment was to give his contacts each a data pad, with an encrypted message only the contacts had the keys to. Once they had read the contents of the data pad, they would tell him whether they were in or not. From there, he would go back to the person that had hired him and inform them of the deal, whether it went sweet or sour.

For now, he would wait in the shadows near the race box. Better for the contacts to enter first. he would follow afterwards.

Arya Ravenwing
Oct 27th, 2001, 01:22:19 AM
Arya looked down at her comm, and walked up the steps, leaving the drunken Corellian and his young girlfriend to cheer on the blobs. She wove her way through the immense crowds, and reached the concession deck, finding a corner to stand in by the 'freshers. She flipped on the commlink, opening a channel to the Wing of the Raven's comm database. Arya plugged the comm into a small datapad she pulled out of her pocket, entering her de-encrypt codes and downloading the message to her datapad.

She looked up to see a Gran leering at her from the males' 'fresher. Arya turned her back, and quickly read the message. Interesting.

A cheer went up again from the crowd, indicating the end of the race. The Corellian from the race boxes appeared, walking stiffly to the booths and dragging quiet Gia beside him. She stumbled, and he shoved her away, sending her to the permacrete. Evidently the race had turned out for the worse, and number Five had not been the cash blob it had been cracked up to be.

Disconnecting her comm from the tiny datapad, Arya caught the girl's eyes as Gia picked herself up from the ground, people pushing around her in the rush before the next race. The girl looked away, turning to head after her rude companion, as if afraid he would miss her. The smuggler frowned to herself, and then caught the same Gran staring again. She flipped a rude gesture to him, and walked towards the concessions.

A drink sounded like a good idea. She tapped the datapad in he pocket while she walked.

Azure Regalia
Oct 29th, 2001, 02:48:42 AM
The Bounty Hunter had been tinkering with the targeting sensors on her ship when her comm began to signal there was a message waiting for her. Straightening up, she took the few steps to get to the comm and flipped a switch, activating the message. It was word only, no sound or picture.

After reading the message, she stood there a moment, pondering her next course of action. This proposition that had been placed before her was intriguing, not to mention profitable.

Making one last connection to the targeting sensors, the Huntress closed the control panel. The system came online with a soft hum. The new additions would work out very nicely. Getting clearance to leave Coruscant, the Bounty Hunter made for space and Umgul. Her contract with Sanis wasn't quite over. But it was in sleep mode, at least for her. No harm in making a few extra credits while she waited to be awakened.

With that last thought in mind, she hit the hyperspace lever. The ship shot towards it's destination, the ride only to take a few hours. She had time. She was not to be there until the evening races anyway.

Arya Ravenwing
Oct 30th, 2001, 04:23:48 AM
Arya looked down at the beer in her hand, paid the bored looking girl behind the counter, and then threaded her way through the concession lines. The stadium was packed, and another race was already half-way through. The dark haired woman wove her path around the crowded gambling booths, where people were hurriedly making their last bets.

13B? She looked at the numbers on the stairs leading down, and walked on toward the next flight, slowly circling the huge arena. Locating the correct stairwell, Arya walked up to the upper deck where the private viewing boxes were located. She was curious. The message she had recieved had been short, and to the point. Meet at box 13B during the last race. And the prefix to the message, URGENT, with pay, was certainly enough to make her look twice.

She'd gotten good jobs with less information than this. If nothing else, it was a distraction to her day.

Arya walked past Box 13B, casually checking the inside as she passed it. It was empty, or at least appeared to be. She continued walking to the refresher, and locked herself into a stall.

Pulling out her blaster, she checked the power cell, and rebuckled the shoulder holster she wore under her black nerfskin jacket. Soft and smooth as sin, the jacket covered the weapon well, but didn't impede access to the blaster. She checked everything one last time, and then went to wash her hands.

Checking her wrist chrono, Arya walked towards the private box. Entering it carefully, she found that there was indeed no one inside. She lit up a cigarra, and placed herself in the corner of the box, where she could watch the window and the door at the same time....and waited.

T'catnoc Terces
Oct 30th, 2001, 05:18:53 AM
Having blended into one of the dark corners opposite the entrance to the private box, T'catnoc was able to observe all the comings and goings of the various species at the races.

Almost exactly on schedule, the woman by the name Arya Ravenwing had come through the stairs leading to this level, yet she had walked past the box, glancing within, and disappeared into the fresher. The Kubaz smiled under his snout. He doubted very much nature had been calling her. Shortly after she had entered, she exited, heading for the box. He watched her slowly enter and remain inside.

Good. One in. Just one to go. As soon as the other arrived, he could proceed with the next step.

Azure Regalia
Oct 31st, 2001, 01:24:12 AM
The Bounty Hunter wove her way through the crowds, letting the hood of her cloak keep her face concealed. Just moments ago, she had gotten permission to land on Umgul, and had immediately set out for the blob racing arena.

Taking her hand out from underneath the cloaks folds, she consulted her data pad where she had saved the message she had received on her ship from her would-be secret employer. She was to go to the race box 13B. She would have to travel down a flight of stairs to get to the correct area of the private boxes.

Finding the stairs, she made her way down, fighting the crowds. Every now and then, the seated crowd and some passerby's watching the displays would errupt in cheers or boos, depending on their betting arrangements. She smiled. She had done some gambling in her lifetime. But the best gamble she had ever taken was to become a Bounty hunter. And so far, it had paid off. Everything else just seemed like childsplay.

Having exited the stairs, she turned a corner, counting the numbers to the box she was to enter. When she finally reached box 13B, she looked around casually. There didn't seem to be anyone paying attention. That made her warry. Continuing her walk, she entered a small hallway that would lead to the janitors room. There she dispensed of the cloak, and camofladged herself.

Coming back to box 13B, she entered it, squeezing her way in as the wind blew the curtain open a bit. Standing near the edge and still camofladged, she turned around to find a woman looking at the entrance to the box. Was this her contact? Time to find out.

A disembodied voice echoed slightly in the confines of the box.

Are you the one that has called me here?

Arya Ravenwing
Oct 31st, 2001, 02:34:31 AM
Arya's eyes flicked to the corner of the box the voice came from, her hand already under her jacket and wrapped around the blaster. "I was just about to ask you the same thing..." She did not tense up her stance, remaining seated and appearing relaxed.

"Do you mind showing yourself? I find it to be in bad taste to remain un-visible when meeting new people." Arya shifted her feet, in case she had to get up quickly, her hand still under her jacket.

Hunter J. Smitik
Nov 1st, 2001, 03:40:53 AM
Dear god, I thought. Surely the effects of that awful stuff I had taken last night were wearing down?

No, the woman in black was too busy turning into a lizard for this to be the case. I stared wide eyed, unerved at her. She was quite the looker a moment ago, and now she was all scales, and the tounge wasn't helping.

Panicked, I backed myself against the wall, only to find something dripping down it. It was blood. Lots of thick, oozy blood. No, this was the last time I would take anything from that god-awful photographer, Jaken Winsor. That bastard had set me up to fail.

Maybe, with a bit of luck, this crap would be out of my system before the evening races. But first, I would have to get away from this wall. The dripping blood wasn't doing my peace of mind a bit of good, and the vines wrapping around my legs were a sure indicator I should move at least a few meters away.

I stumbled away from the wall, but the floor fell away for a moment, in a way that a floor really shouldn't. I nearly fell, but I righted myself after making entirely too much noise. They were staring at me now with a hungry look in their eyes, the pair of black lizardwomen.

T'catnoc Terces
Nov 4th, 2001, 03:34:01 AM
The Kubaz looked up quickly as he watched a figurd draped in a cloak pass by the entrance to box 13B. The figure stopped momentarily, and then kept moving. He smiled under his snout. That must be the Hunteress, Azure Regalia. The party was complete. Time to go introduce himself and deliver the messages to the two women.

Silently, he moved out of the shadows, walking across the hallway, and straight into the box without skipping a beat. The woman sitting down, Arya Ravenwing by dher physical description, spinning from looking at a blank corner to point a blaster at him. He held up his hands, a translator ear piece in each hand.

Weekwaee. Eeekwaiee waweekwee.

He spoke in Kubaz and Huttese, though most likely these ladies would know Huttese, not many could translate the Kubaz language. It consisted of too many squeeks and weezes that sounded more like sounds than words. This would ensure the conversation was kept private from prying ears outside.

He jestured one hand towards Arya, and the other to the empty corner. The would need the ear pieces to understand his speach.

Azure Regalia
Nov 4th, 2001, 03:42:50 AM
She was about to answer the woman, when a Kubaz dressed in a black cloak and wearing specialized goggles came into the box. This sent her into silence and the other woman into spinning around and pointing a blaster at the alien. The Bounty Hunter was slowly removing a smoke bomb in the event she would need to leave in a hurry.

Then the Kubaz did something she wasn't expecting. He raised his hands, each hand holding a small earpiece. Obviously they were meant for her and the woman, for when the Kubaz spoke, she could not understand a word.

At first reluctant, and then curious, she uncamofladged herself. The woman seemed to take notice of her and almost looked as if she were debating on who to point the blaster to. Well, in either case, the Huntress was curious to this offer and it's award.

Reaching out her hand, she took hold of the ear piece. She examined it first, for any trickery. When she could find none, she placed it gently in her ear.

Then she looked at the woman.

If it wasn't me that called you, or you that called me, might as well see what this Kubaz wants to say that is so important.

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 4th, 2001, 03:58:27 AM
Arya pointed her blaster at the Kubaz, and then saw a figure materializing in the corner. The blaster wavered momentarily as a spiced out human male wandered into the box, and passed out in the corner. Arya blinked, and then changed the setting on her blaster to stun, and shot the glit biter. He moaned and slumped further towards the floor.

She turned to the other female, and slipped her blaster into the shoulder holster again. "I don't like talking to strangers." Nonetheless, she took the proffered earpiece, and inserted it into her ear. If this involved a partner, she was less interested. However, she needed the money. As long as she could still fulfill her contracted run in two days. She tapped the earpiece to activate it, eyeing the other woman suspiciously.

Azure Regalia
Nov 4th, 2001, 04:03:51 AM
The Bounty Hunter watched as the woman put the junky out of his misery, and then addressed her comment.

Not speaking to strangers won't get you jobs.

T'catnoc Terces
Nov 4th, 2001, 04:24:16 AM
T'catnoc watched as Arya dispatched of a not-all-there man, and listened as Azure spat out a retort. He held his hands up for silence, his speach now understandable to them.

(Ladies, please. Cooperation is the key to the success of the opperation I have been hired to give you both. It is profitable and a challenge to say the least.)

He looked from one woman to the other.

(But first, introductions are required.)

He gestured from Arya to Azure.

(Arya Ravenwing, meet Azure Regalia.)

He then in turn gestured from Azure to Arya.

(Huntress Regalia, meet Miss Ravenwing.)

Only after speaking the names did he realize the similarities in the beginnings of their first and last names. Yes, this pair would get the job done nicely indeed.

(You may both call me Terces.)

Taking out a comlink, he spoke into it quietly. Moments later, a couple security guards for the races came and took the unconcious man away. Smiling under his snout, he looked at both women.

(Now, on to business. You have been summoned here for a job. Both of you.)

As he spoke, he retrieved two small data disks from under his cloak and handed each a copy.

(The description of the assignment and where you are to begin are on the data disk. All specifics of the assignment are also there.)

(I am here to deliver, be the mediator, and answer any questions you may have for our employer.)

He let each woman insert the disks into their respective data pads, and skim the contents.

(There are four different assignments, but all four are considered one assignment. Each assignment will be of equal value in payment, but any loss of equipment or such will be compinsated for after each assignment is completed.)

(When the first assignment is completed, you will contact me via a secure code imbedded in the data disk you now retain. After that we will meet again for the next assignment, which will be contained on a seperate data disk, with a seperate security code.)

He fell silent, gathering his thoughts.

(Oh, and one more thing. You have both been chosen not only because of your renowned abilities at what you do, but because of your natural and physical abilities. They will be well used in these assignments.)

(And, yes, this assignment requires you both work together, or it will be called off and others looked for.)

He spread his hands and looked to either woman.

(Any questions?)

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 5th, 2001, 12:52:39 AM
Arya looked over the information, and frowned slightly in concentration. Raising her blue eyes, she looked at Regalia. "I know I'm in the smuggling and blockade running business. What does she do? And business has been busy lately. How much 'compensation' are we talking about here?" She tapped the datapad with her index finger, and waited for the answer.

Azure Regalia
Nov 5th, 2001, 02:01:59 AM
The Bounty Hunter looked up from studying the data pad. This assignment would indeed be interesting and profitable. She wouldn't need to be asked twice whether she wanted a cut in it or not. She looked over to Ravenwing. As to working with her, if it meant high pay and compensation, it should be tolerable.

Before the Kubaz could answer Ravenwing's question, the Huntress spoke up.

I am a freelance Bounty Hunter. I have also done smuggling and assassination work.

She fell silent again, tapping her thumb lightly on the data pad.

T'catnoc Terces
Nov 5th, 2001, 02:13:55 AM
T'catnoc didn't have a chance to even answer Arya's first question.Azure took care of that. And besides, it was better that she answer that question on her own. Not really his place anyhow. But the second question was definitely for him.

(The compensation will put you basically back from where you started for this assignment. You will be paid for the actual assignment, but the extra compensation will be for any weapons or equipment used or broken during the assignment.)

(Overall, at the end of all four assignments, it will seem you never used any of your equipment, but you will have a healthy pocket full of new credits to add to your respective accounts.)

He tilted his head slightly.

(So, ladies, are you game?)

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 7th, 2001, 01:57:55 PM
She shrugged, looking at the datapad, and accessing the payment data. Compensation for damages was good...and the pay wasn't a bit shabby. Arya looked up, her eyebrow raised slightly. "Your employer wants this done in a bad way, doesn't he." She didn't expect an answer.

Arya slowly nodded, eyeing Regalia. "I'm in. I have a job already that will take me to the Inner Core tomorrow. I can meet you," she turned to Azure, "at the first target in two days."

Azure Regalia
Nov 10th, 2001, 07:18:21 PM
The Bounty Hunter looked matter-of-factly at Ravenwing.

I too am on a job, but it is dormant. I am not needed until my part in it is awakened. So, I have time.

She smiled, though her face carried no mirth. Yes, this was going to be interesting, and most likely a bit of fun to pass the time. And best of all, she was getting paid for it.

We will meet at the rendevous point the encrypted data disk gives us.

She turned and walked towards the doorway.

I'll see you in two days time.

With that, she was gone.

T'catnoc Terces
Nov 10th, 2001, 07:24:18 PM
T'catnoc nodded to both women.

(It is settled then. You are officially hired. Do not fail. Our employer would not appreciate such failure.)

(The next assignment to this deal will be given to you via the same way this one was when you have finished the first.)

As soon as he finished speaking, Azure spoke one last time to Arya, and was gone. Well, that went well, slbiet a bit cold. But it would work. Both were professionals and knew the game well.

Turning to Arya after Azure had left, he bowed his head slightly.

(I will be seeing you again.)

At that moment the crowed roared to life as a favored blob won the last race. T'catnoc looked down at his little betting slip. As long as he'd been there, he'd make a little extra money on the side. And the blob he had betted on won.

Smiling under his snout, he walked out of the race box to cash in his winnings.

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 11th, 2001, 02:29:40 AM
Arya pulled out her cigarra, lit it, and walked out of the booth a few minutes after the Kubaz. In the hustle and bustle of the stadium, she wove her way towards the exits, the datapad secure in an inside pocket of her jacket.

She yawned, looking over at a huge chrono display. It was still early evening/late afternoon. There would be at least two more races before the bookies started closing up shop, and all these people went home. Arya stood still, and blew a smoke ring which rose above her head and then dissapated. Stubbing the cigarra out, she placed it in a jacket pocket and shoved her way through the crowded exits.

Tired, Arya caught a taxi to a cheap hotel, paying up front for a tattered room with a waterstained ceiling. She checked the sheets of the bed for insects, and then shed her jacket. Her well toned musculature was smeared in the dirty mirror, and Arya stepped into the 'fresher, dropping her clothing as she walked. The ions of the sonic shower pummeled her, and when she stepped out ten minutes later she was yawning again.

The bed inticed her, and she collapsed into it, pulling the clean sheets over her head.

*Flash*

A Twi'lek child was running through a field, laughing and giggling. "Arya! Come back!" Another Twi'lek, a woman, was calling after the girl.

*Flash*

"I don't understand why we must remain in these forms, Mother." An adolescent girl...who looked Twi'leki...was speaking to an adult female Twi'lek. Her mother patted her head, looking sad. "It is for our safety. We will be sent word when it is safe to surface again."

*Flash*

A woman lay on her death bed, raving about assassinations and plots against her husband. "Look out...the shooter -!" She flailed, nearly flopping to the floor, but a girl grabbed her and held her tightly. "Mother...Lysa! Calm down, please?" Her eyes were bright with tears as the older woman resisted her touch..and then relaxed.

"Tell me about Father...please." The girl was crying openly now. Her mother weakly shook her head. "I ..." She pointed to the nearby dresser, where a medallion lay, its chain wrapped around it. "All you need to know is there." The woman, who was Twi'leki, and yet not Twi'leki, closed her eyes.

*Flash*

A funeral pyre. As flames curled around a body, a young Twi'lek woman runs inside of a small spaceport. Minutes later a shuttle streaks towards the dark skies as alarms ring.

*Flash*

Inside the shuttle, the girl was trembling. Her shape began to change, and her form lost cohesion...lekku shrinking into her head, and hair began to grow from her scalp. The woman gasped, and collapsed to the floor.

*Flash*

A bacta tank.

*Flash*

"Aaron...when was our first meeting?" A darkhaired woman who looked human was speaking to a light haired man. He ruffled her short hair, and smiled. "You were out cold. Dead in space, too. I brought you in my ship and stuck you in the bacta tank. You were in some sort of coma...my equipment wasn't specialized enough to figure out why. It took a few weeks, but you came out of it. You remember that, don't you Arya?" She nodded slowly..."Everything is very fuzzy before that, though. Its like I don't know where I'm from, or who I am." She touched a medallion which hung around her neck. "This is the only link to my father...and my past." The man embraced her.

*Flash*

Arya sat up in bed, sweating.

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 16th, 2001, 03:15:21 AM
She untangled her legs from the bed sheets, and stumbled to her feet, wiping her hair out of her eyes with a shaking hand.

That was me...I was the girl. Arya leaned over the sink in the 'fresher, looking at her reflection in the mirrored glass above it. Why am I suddenly remembering this now? She ran water over her hands, and splashed her face.

She and her mother had hidden among the Twi'lek on Ryloth for years...and Twi'leki didn't usually allow offworlders in. The only way they had remained safe, was because they actually were Twi'leki as well. Well, technically they never were Twi'leki. Arya was human. Or had thought she was.

It was all coming back to her in waves, causing her to lean against the sink for support. And with it, was the knowledge that she was a shapeshifter of some kind. Apparently she had suffered from a massive coma after leaving Ryloth during her mother's funeral. The mental and physical stress from being caught into one shape for so long, years it had been, had broken her. When Aaron had finally revived her, she hadn't remembered a thing about her past life. The dark haired woman touched the medallion that hung around her neck. Only this I remembered.

Arya recalled the bizarre experience she had had on Arcan IV, where she had escaped a turbolaser blast by what she had thought was a freak accident. With her memories now, it appeared it had been no accident.

Arya concentrated, relying on her long dormant rememberances, and shifted.

In her mirror, a phenomenon occured. Carefully concealed areas of fleshy mass in her body expanded and conracted, and tendons reattached themselves in other formations. Arya opened her eyes...and a blue eyed Twi'lek woman stared back at her.

She opened her mouth, revealing her flat teeth, and swore in Twi'leki. Even now she was instinctively using a telepathic suggestion to reinforce her physical change. Only there was no one there to suggest it to.

Her already pale skin was taking on a greenish blueish tint from decreased blood flow to the surface of her skin, and her short black hair had completly disappeared into the lekku and skin of her head.

Arya swore again, and looked at herself in amazement, allowing her body to revert to the humanoid form that was most familiar to her. She passed for human...it was almost inconcievable that --this was possible. Picking up her medallion from where it rested on her chest, she whispered, "What other secrets are hidden from me?"

She grinned to herself as she crawled back into bed. This might come in handy...what with my line of work... Closing her eyes, Arya drifted off into a dreamless sleep.