PDA

View Full Version : New LOTR Trailer

Figrin D'an
Oct 20th, 2001, 01:47:58 AM
The latest trailer for 'Fellowship' is available through www.lordoftherings.net , or from Apple's QuickTime website ( www.apple.com/quicktime ).

I'm even more impressed with this trailer than I was the last one. It more diversified, in terms of what scenes are shown, and it has a lot of new footage, not just stuff rehashed from the previous trailers. I really enjoyed it.

The only question that remains for me surrounding the LOTR films is the translation of Tolkien's words into 'modern' speech. From what I have seen in the trailers, the translation appears to be done well. But, there are certain scenes (and I'm sure most fans of the books know which ones) that will really make-or-break the translation. The folk-song will be interesting to watch as well, and how/when it is used in comparison to the books. If the translation to 'modern speak' is done well, I'm convinced these films are going to be simply amazing. The story is a classic, the characters are well-developed and evolve throughout the tale, the visuals are breathtaking...

... and now, there's less than two months to go! :)

Darth23
Oct 20th, 2001, 02:02:31 AM
Is this a NEW new trailer, or the one that was released a few weeks ago?

(great, frickin QT 5 required)

:-(

Figrin D'an
Oct 20th, 2001, 11:37:30 AM
It's the one that has been available for a couple weeks, but I just felt like drumming up some conversation and figured this was a good way to do it. :)

Yeah... having to download QuickTime 5 sucks... but, QuickTime has one of the most easily crackable registration codes ever... so you can still stick it to Apple by getting QuickTime Pro for free. :smokin

Champion of the Force
Oct 20th, 2001, 10:15:44 PM
Yeah... having to download QuickTime 5 sucks...Tell me about it. I downloaded it the other week, but when I went to install it it merely corrupted the exisitng Quicktime applicaiton on my computer. :\ More downloading to fix that one. :(

To make it all the more worse, a friend of mine informed me 2 days later he had a copy Quicktime 5 Pro that I could have borrowed. :headache

Oh well. At least I'm now up-to-date. I've already downloaded the Harry Potter trailer (the full one, not the teaser). I might download the new LOTR one shortly. :)

Darth23
Oct 21st, 2001, 12:09:29 AM
It pisses me off that you can't convert all QT files to another format even if you do have the Pro version.

I'm hoping some better conversion programs come out soon, there are some VCDs I want to make. :D

------

I saw the LOTR trailer when it came out - the bad guys looked a little too much on the horror side fo things for me. I'm actually less exicted about the movie now than before. :(

Figrin D'an
Oct 21st, 2001, 12:39:56 AM
D23... you mean the Nazgul? (The Black Riders)?

The Black Riders are actually look pretty close to the description given in the books. I think they are pretty will done. I'm really looking forward to the scene where Aragorn fights them off at the base of Weathertop... that should be fun. :)

And, of course, I can't wait to see Jackson's interpretation of the Balrog. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 21st, 2001, 03:26:20 PM
Or do you mean the Orcs? Because they sounded pretty horrible to me in the books. ALso I didn't think we saw the Nazgul in the trailer, I thought they were saving the first glimpse of that for the film.