PDA

View Full Version : Serendipity

Hart
Oct 18th, 2001, 12:59:07 PM
Are there any other guys out there that don't mind the chick flicks?

Q
Oct 18th, 2001, 01:05:02 PM
If they're good, I don't mind them. Last one I saw was "Girl, Interrupted". I rather liked it.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 18th, 2001, 01:13:47 PM
Likes Winnona Ryder's(sp) acting talent and other attributes.

:D

Thats a tough judgement call referring to Girl Interupted as a chick flick, IMO.

Q
Oct 18th, 2001, 01:16:32 PM
Wow... didn't think anyone would agree with me on that one. I don't find many actresses very attractive or even very interesting. Winonna Ryder is one of the exceptions to that.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 18th, 2001, 01:17:52 PM
Her acting ability, is IMO one of the finest in the way of female actresses around, and I have always appreciated her look, even when she was but a youngun.(Bettlejuice and before) :o

Hart
Oct 18th, 2001, 03:12:46 PM
I've always found Ryder's attractiveness level varies among her movies.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 18th, 2001, 03:22:55 PM
I think for me, that is one of the reasons I find her talent so good. She isn't one that always has to look absolutely prefect(fake or fancied up) for the various parts she has played. Unlike so many other female actresses that are all hair, makeup, image, and sex symbolism.

Darth23
Oct 18th, 2001, 05:13:25 PM
I kind of hate the term chick flick, actually. I like movies. While it's true that I've never seen You Got Mail while you were Sleepless in Seattle, I like a lot of different kinds of movies.

Terms of Endearment - not very good,

Shakespeare in Love - I thought it was Great.

Thelma and Louise - Loved it

--

I thought Ryder was great in Heathers, I kind of lost track of her after that.

ReaperFett
Oct 18th, 2001, 05:27:32 PM
Seen her recently? Shes really lost it. She can act though

Jedieb
Oct 18th, 2001, 10:10:39 PM
I thought Winona Ryder was rather weak in Aliens4. She's done some amazing work, but for the last few years she's kind of dropped off the radar. As for chick flicks, I have to admit I really enjoy older romantic comedies starring Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn, Spencer Tracey, Jimmy Stewart, etc. Modern romantic comedies can be fine, but some can only be tolerated if your date is REALLY hot! And that's what we're talking about, date movies. You go to see Serendipity with your girlfriend or your wife, you don't go to see it with your buddies unless you're really, really, really drunk. So drunk that you mistake Serendipity for the latest Steven Segal movie. ;)

"Hey, thisss isssn't Severing Without Pity, it's a ch-ch-ch-chick flick!" o_O

I wouldn't mind seeing Serendipity though, I'm a big John Cusack fan. Say Anything is one of my favorite Cusack movies.

ReaperFett
Oct 19th, 2001, 02:27:29 AM
Alien4 as a whole was bad :)

Only good bit was Ron Perlman hanging upside down and firing two pistols at the Alien :)

Mu Satach
Oct 23rd, 2001, 11:25:42 AM
I thought it was the black guy that did that.

Alien 4 had it's moments... not many... but a few... I have more fun watching it than 3... now 3 was a dog. :mneh

ReaperFett
Oct 23rd, 2001, 11:28:14 AM
no, the black guy was the one the alien was holding onto, with that bloke on his back screaming. Then Ron John Wooed acid boy :)

Jedieb
Oct 23rd, 2001, 12:30:55 PM
That whole series was ruined off camera. Killing Newt and Reese(?) and infecting Ripley between movies was a huge blunder and robbed the series of two key characters. The characters and the audience deserved better. The only thing that could save this series would be an Aliens V. Predator showdown, but no one seems willing to take on the budget or the risk. :(

Mu Satach
Oct 23rd, 2001, 04:20:43 PM
Ahhh... oh yeah... then the dude undid the back pack and the little guy screamed.

ok...

yeah, I don't know if I would want to spend the money on such a heavy FX movie as Alien vs Predator and then have it not live up to or surpass everyone's expectations. That would be a mega bank busting flop.