PDA

View Full Version : The Hijacking of: The FLEET GUIDELINES DRAFT

Admiral Lebron
Oct 12th, 2001, 06:11:51 PM
[ EDIT ] This is the split/hijacking portion of <a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10587>this</a> thread [ /EDIT ]

Really, I have never had a desire for big ships. As seen with my fleet of massive gunships. So, in the end, why bother building an SSD its 400 guns over 6 miles. That is leaving a bit a space don't ya think?

Mhalbrecht Dalarsco
Oct 12th, 2001, 06:27:26 PM
Ya, but big ships make better command ships.

Admiral Lebron
Oct 12th, 2001, 06:33:52 PM
Buy a Leviathan!

Mhalbrecht Dalarsco
Oct 12th, 2001, 06:35:42 PM
What's that?

Admiral Lebron
Oct 12th, 2001, 06:51:22 PM
A high-tech brand new cruiser.

Mhalbrecht Dalarsco
Oct 12th, 2001, 06:52:06 PM
Specs?

Admiral Lebron
Oct 12th, 2001, 09:00:15 PM
Top Secret! LebronCorp only! Think CMD mixed with a Star Destroyer.

Sanis Prent
Oct 12th, 2001, 09:07:32 PM
if its anywhere near as spatially screwed up as your Durk...we're gonna have to have a talk :lol

Admiral Lebron
Oct 12th, 2001, 09:18:14 PM
Nope. It is a massive ship, under gunned really. Not that it matters. I'll show ya if you IM me.

Mhalbrecht Dalarsco
Oct 13th, 2001, 12:59:13 PM
I will just have to design a new Battlecriuser sometime.

imported_Firebird1
Oct 16th, 2001, 11:38:45 AM
ancers are good against slow moving large type fighter craft, such as missle boats. Small fighters like X-wings and TIEs need to be intercepted by other fighters. I'd rather use Lancers and Corvettes(Large Type Fighters, Bombers) as defenders and Small Fighters and a couple of Corvette to take on ships. But If I were to attack a fleet, I'd make sure to bring in a couple of Capital (ISDs, Wrath, Strike Cruisers, ect) Ships and use my fighters and Corvettes as cover.

I really like how the NR defended Yavin when it was attacked, but make sure of this, a mine field can be both a good and bad thing.

ReaperFett
Oct 16th, 2001, 11:41:04 AM
Also, remember the best way to take out Snubs is with other snubs. Now, youattack bombers, and even drone ships would have a field day

Mhalbrecht Dalarsco
Oct 16th, 2001, 04:52:25 PM
The part about entertainment value from me and Lebron was to inject some levity.
The other points were serious.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 16th, 2001, 05:00:49 PM
I found Rebellion to be a craptasitc unrealistic strategy game. I don't see why it holds relevance. In terms of any sort of realisitic tactic usage, the only one that presents any sort of revelance would be Homeworld, and for ground combat, maybe Ground Control.

Just because something works in a video game certainly does not mean it holds value at ALL here. Its an invalid arguement, and should not be used.

ReaperFett
Oct 16th, 2001, 05:18:38 PM
Oh, and SW is soooooooooo realistic

Dont act like your opinion is the be all and end all. I can say wtf I want, and I want go and attack anothers opinions unless for jest. I disagree. But I wont then go and say that has no value or anything

Morgan Evanar
Oct 16th, 2001, 05:37:09 PM
My post started with I.

I think it was obvious enough that it was my opinion. I think Rebellion is a poor reflection of SW, and I don't think it should be used. I'm in a bit of a mood right now, and I appologize if you think my stance was too agressive on the issue, but my opinion stands.

Jyener Celchu
Oct 16th, 2001, 06:52:06 PM
Rebellion isn't that bad, it's more realistic than any of the X-Wing games.

ReaperFett
Oct 17th, 2001, 03:57:24 AM
Got to disagree. the X-Wing series( ::heavenly chorus sings:: ) used a lot from the Games. Hence, they are actually exceedingly accurate simulators :)

Q
Oct 17th, 2001, 05:36:02 PM
The only really good SW games I've played are the ones in the Dark Forces series. SOTE was a decent enough way to pass the time. The TPM game was godawful (since we do Jedi use their sabers like baseball bats to knock back blaster bolts, anyway?).

ReaperFett
Oct 17th, 2001, 05:39:39 PM
when playing blaster baseball :)

Played the Battlegrounds demo? That was good

Q
Oct 17th, 2001, 05:40:15 PM
No, but I have heard it's pretty good, so I'll bite.

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Oct 17th, 2001, 05:50:39 PM
You'd have to be a lobotomized, retarded monkey with mad cow disease to lose the Battlegrounds demo. The odds are soo stacked in your favor.

You could probably beat that mission by using Darth Vader alone.

Hmm....:) (goes to try)

TheHolo.Net
Oct 17th, 2001, 05:51:05 PM
Please try to stay on the topic. Don't make me start deleteing the uneccessary posts or splitting the thread because you would prefer to debate video games rather than the actual topic at hand. This really isn't the place for that, as has been mentioned a time or two already. This is the last time it will be mentioned.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 17th, 2001, 05:52:40 PM
Guh...>_< even our mods not adhering to protocol in this important topic. Time to split the thread.

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Oct 17th, 2001, 05:58:13 PM
>_< sorryyyy!

ReaperFett
Oct 17th, 2001, 06:02:27 PM
erm, my first comment in this thread was very fleet related, as was most of this

TheHolo.Net
Oct 17th, 2001, 06:04:10 PM
It doesn't concern the actual rules. It concerns strategies/video games.

ReaperFett
Oct 17th, 2001, 06:07:50 PM
Also, remember the best way to take out Snubs is with other snubs. Now, youattack bombers, and even drone ships would have a field day

That was a related statement. You make some uberly cheap fighters, you can dominate. I think that is important

And strategy does matter in rules fairness, because it is only then you can see exploits

Besides, fodder fighters have no shields, maybe 2 laser cannons, and armor as thick as tissue paper. They splode very easily.
Before me, Sanis was pointing out why it was fair in his opinion. A valid point to counter my opinion, no?

And Hobs post was pointing out thta in his opinion it wasnt unfair, as they could be countered. Later I said that enough would still swarm them.

I think all these are important if you want fair rules

TheHolo.Net
Oct 17th, 2001, 06:29:05 PM
I went through and did a little more critical and careful spliting of the topic. It may not be perfect, but I don't claim to be so either.

Q
Oct 17th, 2001, 06:33:14 PM
Erg... I think I was the one that really threw it off-topic. >_<

My sincerest apologies for that. I thought the thread had already gotten off-subject.

imported_Firebird1
Oct 22nd, 2001, 01:09:15 AM
Well noproblem, just answer my question....