PDA

View Full Version : Notice of Abbreviation

Lord Gue
Oct 16th, 2001, 05:38:09 PM
Since my original empire's name of TGE has been taken, I will from this point on continue under the guise of GE

TheHolo.Net
Oct 16th, 2001, 05:44:19 PM
Question: Does this group have five unique members that have posted to the Official SWFans Recognized groups thread in this forum?

Lord Gue
Oct 16th, 2001, 05:50:09 PM
no, actually we only have three members. thats why i gave no mention of the word group, we are organized and we do own one system, and one ship. Other than that though...lol
I was just saying though, cuase I used to run a group under the name TGE and i still have a little thing called The Galactic Empire, while me and the leader of TGE have an understanding about each others names, I just thought this little switch up would be more helpful.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 16th, 2001, 05:51:28 PM
Thanks, just wanted to clarify and make sure you were aware. :)

Lord Gue
Oct 16th, 2001, 05:59:07 PM
BTW, since i have your attention, I was just wondering if you had the ability to say, add a "who's online" bar to this board? Im aware the PM does that itself, but its not often i go under my CP...

TheHolo.Net
Oct 16th, 2001, 06:02:53 PM
There is already one present on the forum main page.
http://www.swforums.net/forum

I am considering adding the feature to each individual forum as well, but it would display all users anywhere on the entire board and not just the ones in any particular forum.

Lord Gue
Oct 16th, 2001, 06:12:57 PM
Ya know, I really didnt mind that too much at ezboard so i think people would accept it here too. LoL, I dont go to the main page, usually i just jump to the rp selections.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 17th, 2001, 08:11:27 AM
I have done some research into the possibility and discovered that doing so will create more server load on our host, which to me means that it would increase our bandwidth usage and slow the loading of forum pages. I would prefer to avoid that myself and will not implement such a thing unless I have a good portion of the members of this community requesting it, with full knowledge of the pros and cons.

Lord Gue
Oct 18th, 2001, 07:49:22 AM
yeah, slowing down the site is the farthest thing from what I need right now