PDA

View Full Version : The Ep I DVD

darth_mcbain
Oct 12th, 2001, 10:21:11 AM
I was going to post this in the previous thread
<A HREF=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2817>The Ultimate Star Wars DVD</A> , but then I saw how messed up that whole conversation got and thought better :crack

I just got notice that my copy of the Ep I DVD shipped today. OH YEAH!!! I just felt the need to share the joy... I am so psyched to see the new footage and behind the scenes stuff. I know once it shows up my @ss will be parked in front of the TV for a while... :)

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 12th, 2001, 07:08:56 PM
You suck:rolleyes how did you get early. I have to wait to Tuesday to get it. I should have ordered it from the same place you did:\ . Oh well I hope you enjoy it and let us know about those deleted scenes I really can't wait to check those out.

JMK
Oct 13th, 2001, 08:33:50 AM
Mine's apparently been shipped as well! Can't wait!

Jedieb
Oct 13th, 2001, 12:52:22 PM
Mine will be shipping late and I may not see it for a couple of weeks. I'm tempted to buy a copy and use my online copy as a return, but that's just not ethical. Plus, I still have my new Simpsons DVD to finish. I probably wouldn't have time to sit down and watch it until the weekend anyway. I hope you guys have fun though. :\ :\ :\

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 13th, 2001, 03:25:05 PM
You could always rent it. Oh and the place I reserved mine from called today saying I can pick it up Tuesday? I just wish I could pick it up today:( Oh well a couple of more days of waiting will not hurt.

Hart
Oct 13th, 2001, 05:43:48 PM
Can someone detail exactly what extra stuff the DVD includes?

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 13th, 2001, 06:53:31 PM
I know it includes 7 deleted scenes, an hour look at the making of the movie, movie commentarry with Lucas, McCallum, and others, still galleries, and there is 3 minutes of outtakes. I can't think of what else there might be some more documentaries on there along with a few other things but I am not sure.

darth_mcbain
Oct 16th, 2001, 09:17:47 AM
October 16!!! The day has arrived!!! If I might paraphrase from the Simpsons:

"Once in a long while something happens which touches us all. 1969 - Man walks on the Moon. 1972 - Man walks on the Moon... again... Then for a long time nothing happened.

But tonight - THE EPISODE I DVD SHOWS UP!!!"

WhooHoo!!!

ReaperFett
Oct 16th, 2001, 10:50:16 AM
youre late :)

Im already taking the DVD back (jumps in one place, and I WONT STAND FOR IT! :))

darth_mcbain
Oct 16th, 2001, 10:53:55 AM
That's right - stick to your guns on this one... I wouldn't stand for it either.

How did you get a hold of it before 10/16?
I didn't think it was available until today...

ReaperFett
Oct 16th, 2001, 11:10:00 AM
because Im special, and we got it released yesterday :)

BTW, easter eggs. Still cant access the better known ones, but some are after the Deleted Scenes Documentary. Seeing what was chasing Sebulba's pod is the funniest :)

Oh, and listen out in the Audio Commentary for the first time someone has made a drum sound after a joke in anything SW releated :)

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 16th, 2001, 06:49:41 PM
Well I just got mine today and after watching the movie, watching the deleted scenes and looking at a few other things on it all I can say is Wow. It is one of the best DVD's that I seen. What really makes it the best is the added material because there is just so much. I also can't wait to watch the Beginning (a doctumentary on the making of TPM) which I hear is amazing. by the way is there any DVD Rom content yet? I clicked on Starwars.com and went to the section that said for DVD users but there is nothing really interesting there, not even a date saying when the trailer will be out. So if that is true theforce.net lied to us or was confused the other day, unless I am going to the wrong place, if there is anybody that has seen something different let me know.

darth_mcbain
Oct 17th, 2001, 09:29:33 AM
Man - I was so pissed last night... I got home and opened my mailbox anxiously expecting to see the DVD waiting for me... What do I find? a couple of bills and junk staring back at me - no more, no less...

I just went out to the store and picked up a copy, the one I ordered will probably show up tomorrow, I'll just return it, or maybe give it to someone as a Christmas gift...

Carr, I don't have a DVD-ROM player, so I can't help you on that one... Is it possible that it might be date-driven, so that it is only activated when a certain date comes? I don't know how that stuff works, but it could be possible.

Darth23
Oct 17th, 2001, 09:39:29 AM
There's a quicktime movie that has some new stills from AOTC - as far as I know that's all that's on there so far. SOMETHING, probably the trailer, will be there on Nov 9th.

I downloaded the movie from a link at tf.net, so I haven't bothered installing my new dvd-rom drive yet. :p

imported_QuiGonJ
Oct 17th, 2001, 11:50:12 AM
well, never let it be said I don't care for Star Wars.. I did the unthinkable and infested my hard drive with IE6 just to see what was on the SW DVD site, and that was after downloading the new Interactual player cause the one supplied didn't see my ReelMagic Hollywood Plus DVD software.

I thought the site was a bit.. oh, okay, specially after the rest of the presentation of the DVD, and I give the rest of the DVD a 10 out of 10 for everything...

Meesa likes dis!

ReaperFett
Oct 17th, 2001, 07:12:41 PM
Bloopers funny :)