View Full Version : Official Star Wars.com forums are up!

imported_QuiGonJ
Oct 11th, 2001, 03:16:01 PM
http://forums.starwars.com/index.jsp

A very feature-barren place so far, but I guess they get a few points for trying.

Anyway, just letting you all know so you can make sure your handles stay yours over there. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 11th, 2001, 05:03:46 PM
I just went there and there are finally some posts, I am curious if the TPM bashers from theforce.net will try and bash the film over there.

JMK
Oct 11th, 2001, 06:16:57 PM
Probably. Defiant bastards.

Jedieb
Oct 11th, 2001, 07:19:07 PM
I just posted over there. I tried to post earlier from work but it was just too difficult. With over a million registered SW fans it has the potential to have more traffic then Force Net or any other SW message board. Your also bound to see more diverse opinions because such a large number of fans will be able to access the boards. It will be interesting to see how it develops in time.

ReaperFett
Oct 11th, 2001, 07:51:33 PM
I'm there, but Id rather stay round TF.N. The people are great. And it's nice to go where everbody knows your name.

And, the Games board got a cheat into Battlegrounds. Think that'll happen there? I don't :)

Hart
Oct 11th, 2001, 08:18:21 PM
I think it takes WAY too much time to load each page.

Champion of the Force
Oct 11th, 2001, 09:07:43 PM
Had a quick look. Ok I guess, though I do agree that it's lacking in features that are pretty much standard on message boards I post on.

I'll watch on with interest. It'll be interesting to see if it can trump the almight TFN.

JonathanLB
Oct 12th, 2001, 02:31:22 AM
The people are great at TFN?! LOL. I think not. There are a few good TPM supporters like Gomer and probably Deadalus lurks somewhere under a new name (he is the man), but there are too many bashers.

TFN is ruled by the bashers it seems like, despite an obviously vastly larger number of supporters. The bashers are simply louder and not to mention they have even more free time than all of the supporters quite obviously.

ReaperFett
Oct 12th, 2001, 04:11:58 AM
You're tarring all with the same brush. I dont go to the move boards, I go Lit, Games and Community. And it is great there. People like Genghis, or Val, or DL. Allg reat people, who can argue anything they believe in, without sounding stupid. I love that place *sniff*

Besides, its official, so they be a lot more strict. Wed never see all the Kyle/Mara thread, which evolved into stories about characters. Best thread Ever. AND, they dont hav e the big Force Boat, now officialy a part of the GFFA :)

Darth23
Oct 13th, 2001, 09:51:48 PM
The people are great at TFN?! LOL. I think not. There are a few good TPM supporters like Gomer and probably Deadalus lurks somewhere under a new name (he is the man), but there are too many bashers.

WTF is THAT???!!!

WHO is the XO of the Rogue Squadron of the TPM Defense Force and their ONLY Mercenary?

:D

Champion of the Force
Oct 13th, 2001, 10:14:53 PM
I take it Jon has never found the door out of the TPM forum yet. ;)

Pity - there is (was) a great admin bash thread in Communiations. Nice change from all that TPM bashing. :)

BUFFJEDI
Oct 14th, 2001, 09:59:42 AM
Well all i can say is ..There's no place like home :) ( i.e here)

Champion of the Force
Oct 14th, 2001, 06:36:03 PM
Well I've registered there and have done a few posts. It's an ok board, but they really need to jack up the number of topics/posts viewable per page (currently a lousy 15), otherwise it'll just suffocate the site. Also the ability to edit posts is almost a neccessity as well.

The other big problem with the site is that all the banned members from TFN appear to have taken up residence there, resulting in more 'TFN vs SW.com' arguments. :\

Hopefully with time, moderation and new visitors the place will clean itself up.

Mu Satach
Oct 15th, 2001, 06:40:36 PM
well... been in and out of the cantina a bit there...

too many lego heads in there right now for me to really get into anything... will be kinda fun just to lurk now and then to see the wars that will come about.

:D

Force Master Hunter
Oct 16th, 2001, 07:11:16 AM
Geez....

It was like reading TF.N three weeks ago. Same topics. Same mind numbing discussion on the EU, nearly word for word. Count me out.

cc.net should claim rights over having a SW Cantina forum!!!!

Champion of the Force
Oct 27th, 2001, 04:20:02 AM
:: returns from Official board ::

Damn damn DAMN - I tried to register 'Champion of the Force', but someone has already registered it on me. :rant