PDA

View Full Version : Is this an admin screwup?

ReaperFett
Oct 9th, 2001, 11:35:19 AM
There are two forums WITHIN Storytelling. Shouldn't they be outside?

TheHolo.Net
Oct 9th, 2001, 11:38:46 AM
Those are actually subforum categories, and are there intentionally. If you click them you will find another group of nine subforums. Details regarding their purpose can be found in the <a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10546>Fleet Rules Revision</a> thread. More complete details and information will follow later today.

ReaperFett
Oct 9th, 2001, 11:39:06 AM
oh wait, found it :)

I change to an opinion then. Wouldn't it be better in either of the others? More fleet fights happen in RPing I believe, and OOC is surely meant to be for rule sorting, as this is. Would not OOC be a better place?

Oh, and couldnt you make the announcement a bit more public, using a sticky thread or something, or stick it in that main topped thread? I only noticed it by accident. How can you expect others to use it?

imported_Firebird1
Oct 9th, 2001, 11:43:44 AM
That would be the best thing to do about this seeing how it will affect everyone in someway.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 9th, 2001, 11:45:21 AM
DT and I both thought it more appropriate for the forums to go into the ST forum due to the fact that the majority of the content we intend for those forums will be of more of a closed thread type nature.

We plan to make a more noticable announcement, once all the details are completely finalized and we are prepared to begin using them, with revised rules in place.

As a note: There will be no downsizing included in the new Fleet construction guidelines.

imported_Firebird1
Oct 9th, 2001, 11:52:11 AM
Considering that was from the last rule change I was wondering why it was in there. But I think that ...*IS scilenced as he is drug away for class.*:confused

ReaperFett
Oct 9th, 2001, 11:52:17 AM
but some would still use RPing only, and would miss out on this, only to get slated massively in OOC. Wouldnt a link in both be good?

TheHolo.Net
Oct 9th, 2001, 11:54:22 AM
A good recommendation that I can do quite easily, if the rest of the staff or more roleplayers support it.

Sanis Prent
Oct 9th, 2001, 11:57:17 AM
(gives the "Buddy Mod" thumbs up)

Pierce Tondry
Oct 9th, 2001, 12:27:54 PM
A link would indeed be most helpful for those wishing to find it. After all the particulars get squared away, 'twould definitely be a good idea.

I like VBulletin. :)

Jehova Eaven
Oct 9th, 2001, 12:29:31 PM
::lowers his head and shakes it back and forth slowly::

TheHolo.Net
Oct 9th, 2001, 12:34:01 PM
Pierce: Have a look at the bottom of the main forum(front) page. You should see something you couldn't before. Read its contents, love its contents, and make it your new bible. :p

Morgan Evanar
Oct 9th, 2001, 12:34:43 PM
Don't "love it" tho.... that would be messy.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 9th, 2001, 12:36:18 PM
Good point. :x

Pierce Tondry
Oct 9th, 2001, 12:39:52 PM
SWFans: Had Morg not beaten me to the punch, I would have posted the same.

I'll have to check it out later, because I have work in 15 (read: sometime tomorrow) but I will do it.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 9th, 2001, 12:41:58 PM
A sign I need sleep. I'm slipping. Night everyone.

:zzz