PDA

View Full Version : So how long have you been a starwars fan??

Starquest aka AndyR
Oct 8th, 2001, 09:51:33 AM
So what is your earliest starwars memory? I was lucky enough to have parents that were into movies at the time, so they took me out of school (told them I had a dental appt!!) and took me to see ANH at the young age of 5. It was in its second week at the box office.

Another memory was that christmas I found a darth vader tie fighter under the couch, and my parents said "santa must have been holding it there for christmas".... that was a good year.

BUFFJEDI
Oct 8th, 2001, 10:51:43 AM
I'm really not sure :(

I just remember getting the trading cards and action figures Long before I ever saw the Movie. I truley dont remember seeing SW at the theater.(until 1997) I did , I was just to young to remember.of course I watched to hundreds of times at home before 1997.

darth_mcbain
Oct 8th, 2001, 11:12:33 AM
I have a very vague memory of seeing TESB in a drive-in, but it is only vague images, I would have only been about 4 or 5 at the time. I can definitely remember having "lightsaber" duels with my friend when we were about 7 with sticks in my backyard. I'd say ever since then I've been a big fan...

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 8th, 2001, 02:05:22 PM
I think I first saw ANH on cable, I was too young to see in the theaters. My parents rented ESB and I saw ROTJ in the theaters (the only one that I saw in its original run). Now I remember having tons of SW toys as a kid, most of which I don't have now :(

Jedieb
Oct 8th, 2001, 02:11:10 PM
I have distinct memories of watching TV comercials for Star Wars in 1977. Jumping up and down and begging my parents to take me to the movies. I can remember looking through the newspaper for show times and seeing ads for the movie. That actual first screening is not much more than the fuzzy memory of a six year old. I can remember playing with my brand new X-Wing X-Mas morning in 78 or maybe even 79. It's hard to believe we're coming up on 25 years!

Kat Kariena
Oct 8th, 2001, 08:09:32 PM
When I was about 5 years old and watching Star Wars with my mother who was videotapeing it off of Sci-fi :mneh :crack

RHJediKnight
Oct 8th, 2001, 09:19:29 PM
I'm kind of a latecomer, to be honest. I wasn't really into Star Wars or anything else like it until the ANH SE came out in 1997. After that, I was hooked. :)

Lord Exar Kun
Oct 9th, 2001, 10:27:37 AM
1977, I was living in Cincinnati at the time, my mother took my brother and I to see Star Wars the weekend after it opened and some friends of mine at school said it was really cool and we should see it.
My mom did not want to take us because she was afraid we would believe too much in all that "fantasy crap" as she put it.

We saw it on a Saturday, my mother insisted on taking us back to see it on the very next day, Sunday. Then we saw it two more times the next weekend. She absolutely fell in love with, as did my brother and I.

To this date, my brother and I have seen ANH in the theatre, thourgh the origial release and all the different re-releases a total of 43 different times. We saw ESB a total of 61 times (both of our personal favorites) and RotJ a total of 27 times (not really a big favorite of ours).

Hart
Oct 9th, 2001, 09:28:40 PM
When I was about 3, I picked up an old Boba Fett toy and started playing with it. It was probably my favorite at the time. I didn't realize it was Star Wars, I just had some sorta bond with that figure.

JMK
Oct 10th, 2001, 05:49:29 PM
I took my first step into a larger world in '84 when I was 6. Been obsessed ever since.

BUFFJEDI
Oct 10th, 2001, 09:56:43 PM
since I was very young,three i think.

imported_QuiGonJ
Oct 15th, 2001, 02:56:20 PM
My father took me to see it opening weekend in 1977. We had no idea what we were seeing, but it was sci fi, so we figured it'd be okay. :)

I demanded to get the novelization and I read it through that weekend.

and I've not missed a first-run opening day since.

Orig. Sin Lance Casey
Oct 19th, 2001, 09:43:49 AM
I was four when I first saw a new hope and empire strikes back, they were kinda boring to me at that age because it was a little too involved. But I loved Return of the Jedi and it is by far my favorite movie.

Champion of the Force
Oct 19th, 2001, 04:57:19 PM
1993, with a copy of the original trilogy from a friend of mine.

Boba Frett
Oct 24th, 2001, 10:54:35 PM
1977 at the age of 11 , I saw A New Hope 12 times in the theatre that year , me and my friends would sit sometimes through it two times a day. I even was struck by a car on my Shwinn Stingray (how's that for nostalgia) on the way to see it again.....I made it to the theatre that day. :rollin