PDA

View Full Version : Someone's thinking right

Darth Turbogeek
Oct 8th, 2001, 04:08:42 AM
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20011007/us/attacks_airdrops_3.html

That's the right way to win Afghanistan. Do something the Taliban cant or wont. FEED the millions of starving people. I also see elsewhere there are millions being allocated ion humanitarian aid.

Yep, throw a few missiles at them yes.... but take the support of the populance, and the Taliban wont stand for long. This has to be an unconventional war, because missiles and bombs wont work in the end. Only by cutting the support of terrorists will anything happen.

Fed and satisfied people dont support terrorism. Men with safe families and food on the table dont tend to want to fight.

Sanis Prent
Oct 8th, 2001, 08:54:51 AM
I agree...hell yeah! We need a Marshall Plan for Afghanistan.

Melusine Galelei
Oct 8th, 2001, 09:01:50 AM
I was reading the menu for that in the paper.. They have low-calorie, but high protien foods that would fit into thier beliefs and would be easy for weak bodies to digest.

Although... I do think it's rather amusing that each packet has a moist toilette in it. :)

Sanis Prent
Oct 8th, 2001, 09:14:35 AM
MRE's are okay....some of them are nasty though. Just depends whats on the menu. I liked the one with ham....also the dehydrated fruit was good :)

the crackers RULE!

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 9th, 2001, 02:30:09 AM
With a brother-in-law who is a Sergeant in the inactive reserves for the Marines..... MREs=yuk! and that is my professional opinion ;)

Sanis Prent
Oct 9th, 2001, 03:19:05 AM
only some are yuk....the others are good :)

Nupraptor
Oct 9th, 2001, 04:03:09 AM
Actually, most of them are pretty "yuk". There's very few I like. :\

Rama
Oct 9th, 2001, 11:48:27 AM
But what if one of these car packages lands on someone and kills them! O_O

imported_Firebird1
Oct 9th, 2001, 11:50:21 AM
MRE's are fun to Eat:D
But remember not to mix it without Tabasico!

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Oct 9th, 2001, 03:43:45 PM
well, they said on CNN that did happen back in Bosnia when they were giving out those crates to the citizens. Some smart army guy decided to shove the MRE's out by themselves since they are aerodynamic and float to the ground. So mebbe they are doing that again.