PDA

View Full Version : Official Harry Potter thread

Champion of the Force
Oct 7th, 2001, 12:47:58 AM
Yes, yes. I know there's 2 other threads relating to the subject, but they've got LOTR, SW etc all thrown in as well for good measure and I want some space. :)

Anyways, here's a pretty large article from The Sunday Times regarding the Harry Potter film, which (IMHO) pretty well sums up a lot of the info surrounding the film. I found it to be a pretty good read:

http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/magazine/

I was most interested in the section titled 'The Harry Potter Industry'. It seems as though, outside of the novels, that Harry Potter products haven't been all that successful.

Hart
Oct 9th, 2001, 09:32:49 PM
I just recently read the Harry Potter novels and loved all of them. I really am interested to see the movie, though I'm not sure who I could get to go with me. Or be courageous enough to even suggest that is the movie we go to. If I had a younger sibling, it would be easier, just saying, "Hey, it's for him/her, not me. I just want him/her to have fun."

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 9th, 2001, 09:49:40 PM
I saw the print out in vanity Fair and the actors playing the various characters look great especially Alan Rickman who incredibly evil in the picture. Since I have never read the books I am curious is his character the villain? I ask because everything I have read about it suggest that is character is very ambigious.

Doc Milo
Oct 9th, 2001, 10:28:28 PM
I would tell you, Jedi Master Carr, but then a bit of the movie might be spoiled (if it follows closely to the book.) I can tell you that Rickman plays professor Severus Snape -- and he has no love for Harry Potter....

Champion of the Force
Oct 9th, 2001, 10:43:23 PM
Nope - Snape and Potter are not a match made in heaven. :)

All the actors look great. I'm already curious to find out who's going to be playing characters like Sirius Black and Prof. Lupin the 3rd film if it gets made.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 9th, 2001, 11:01:07 PM
Okay thanks, still what ever his role is having Rickman in the film is great. He is a terrific actor and I might jsut go see it because he is in it.

Hart
Oct 10th, 2001, 11:14:00 AM
I thought they had casted EXTREMELY well, with only a few exceptions.

foxdvd
Oct 10th, 2001, 01:50:57 PM
Wait….so this thread is endorsed by Warner studios? :)

Champion of the Force
Oct 10th, 2001, 07:46:45 PM
Probably - they're gonna need all the endorsement they can get, what with a disappointing year they've had. :)

imported_QuiGonJ
Oct 11th, 2001, 03:37:11 PM
The books haven't fully sorted that out yet... but it'd be spoiler-free to say he and Harry don't get along very well.

imported_QuiGonJ
Oct 19th, 2001, 05:28:09 PM
Here's the official one sheet.. might look kinda familiar.

http://harrypotter.warnerbros.com/daily_prophet/img/poster3.jpg

and yes, it's a Drew Struzan

EDIT:

Just changed it into a link Qui - that sucker's over 200kb. :)

Champion of the Force
Oct 19th, 2001, 05:33:46 PM
Aside from the 'Sorceror's Stone' label (damn you Americans - why do you always have to change everything? :) ) that poster is pretty sweet.

imported_QuiGonJ
Oct 20th, 2001, 12:02:02 AM
my apologies.. my work connection was upgraded to 100MB/sec a little while back, didn't realize the pic was that big till now. :)