PDA

View Full Version : And EZBoard upgrades.....

Darth Turbogeek
Oct 4th, 2001, 08:49:23 PM
What features will they remove now?

Jehova Eaven
Oct 4th, 2001, 08:53:13 PM
They will remove posting for non-csc users.

Jedah Lynch
Oct 4th, 2001, 08:54:46 PM
Who can say.

Wonder how many new bugs will be created or if any boards will be lost.

*wonders if Swfans at Ezboard will go poof*

Nuriko Sha
Oct 5th, 2001, 01:01:49 AM
Originally posted by Jehova Eaven
They will remove posting for non-csc users. :lol!!

Force Master Hunter
Oct 5th, 2001, 01:03:38 AM
I wouldnt put it past them.

Captain Joachim Fena
Oct 5th, 2001, 01:11:40 AM
I was thinking some diabolical scheme that would allow them to send a mild electric shock to the genitals of every non-csc poster.

I dunno about you guys...but I'm wearing my rubber underwear tonight!

Nuriko Sha
Oct 5th, 2001, 01:14:52 AM
You mean you don't wear them every night? :|

Captain Joachim Fena
Oct 5th, 2001, 01:17:40 AM
Only every Wednesday...or as Frau Zoe likes to call it...Strafdichnacht!>D

Force Master Hunter
Oct 5th, 2001, 02:07:59 AM
Only every Wednesday...or as Frau Zoe likes to call it...Strafdichnacht!

That sounds nasty.... it is contagious?

Captain Joachim Fena
Oct 5th, 2001, 02:10:30 AM
I hope so! :cat

Force Master Hunter
Oct 5th, 2001, 02:57:55 AM
We thought it was a joke EZBoard would ban non CSC posting?

Read this and think about the direction they are going and what they DIDNT say about non CSC support.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In an effort to provide fast and personal support to our CSC members, as of October 15th we will no longer provide email Customer Support to NON Community –Supported Communities members.

-----------

If you are NOT a CSC Member you will need to use the ezboard help forums, help index, or FAQs.

If you are having account problems, or have not received your validation email, please use the Account Problems Form to send an email. All questions not related to your account will not be answered.

If you have legal issues, please use the Legal Form to send an email.

If you are a CSC Member you have two options:
1) Go to the CSC Admin and User Forum or the CSC Account Issues Forum
2) Go to the Help Tab of your control center and use the Help form there to send an email to us.

-----------

Our goal is to answer all requests for support from CSC members by the next business day (Monday through Friday). We feel our CSC users deserve and need this support from us and we are going to provide it.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

--

It's coming. I can smell it. No non CSC posts.

Force Master Hunter
Oct 5th, 2001, 03:06:27 AM
Interesting what you find when you go looking

http://login.ezboard.com/fezboardfrm32.showMessage?topicID=360.topic

I think the free version is going to go. Wanna take bets?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 5th, 2001, 03:15:04 AM
BUT I DON"T WANT TO BUY IT FOR MY BOARD! *cries* Guess I will anyway. *snif snif*

And Jochaim...or whatever your name is...I thought today was purple underwear day?

Taylor Millard
Oct 5th, 2001, 03:15:44 AM
I bet 40 Imperial Credits.

Captain Joachim Fena
Oct 5th, 2001, 03:18:20 AM
I haven't changed my drawers yet :lol

Force Master Hunter
Oct 5th, 2001, 03:18:58 AM
I'm not betting. It's goign to happen, especially when you see free boards are goign to get done in soon, by the looks of it

DESIGNATE P'Taal 386
Oct 5th, 2001, 04:36:46 AM
2. THE EZBOARD SERVICE
The ezboard Service is an online application, enabling businesses and individuals to build, join and participate in customized and personalized discussion groups. You understand and agree that the Service is provided "AS-IS" and that ezboard assumes no responsibility for, among other things, (1) any service outages or interruptions (2) the unavailability of particular boards, features or services, (3) the inability to access the Service, (4) the failure or inability to post materials to the Service, (4) the deletion of materials posted to the Service or (5) the failure to store materials posted to the service.

I was looking into buying Gold for my lil' board... But this made me not want to again. I mean, what ARE they taking responsibility for? Spending my money?

Alpha
Oct 5th, 2001, 08:46:45 AM
This is a bunch of bull. EZBoard has become too much trouble for its worth....

Lord Gue
Oct 5th, 2001, 09:04:52 AM
I never understood how so many boards were 'accedentaly' deleted in the first place

Mhalbrecht Dalarsco
Oct 5th, 2001, 04:50:20 PM
That is why I'm looking into Yabb for my baord.
I can't afford vBulletin, and I have hosting for a Yabb.

Lady Vader
Oct 5th, 2001, 06:00:52 PM
*sigh*

Every single time EZboard upgrades, I hold my breath to see what new surprises they have in store.

I guess it's time to start looking for other free-hosting bulletin boards. I don't have the money to be able to buy gold for my Ladies Lounge, so I'm gonna have to look into moving. Gawd, and I'd hate to see what would happen to the other boards *thinks of TSO, TSE, GJO, DF* I mean, the list goes on. It's sad... and it makes me angry.

Well, first things first. Go and save my bios in the profile pages. For all we know, that could be the next thing to go for non-CSC members, before they take your access away completely.

*double sigh* :\

Taylor Millard
Oct 6th, 2001, 02:44:10 AM
If upgrading means deleting my account...MAAAAN, my thoughts on a speech were on there. BAH! I say BAH!

Morgan Evanar
Oct 6th, 2001, 08:31:48 AM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10520

God
Oct 6th, 2001, 03:46:40 PM
I have a CSC Gold board, and trust me it is the way to go. I talked to Vanchau personally about the service, and frankly this is how things are going.

Gold BARELY covers the cost of the Gold service
Blue has just been a way for the biggest boards (ones that would cost one hundred or more to be CSC Gold) to be cheap and not shell out the extra to get rid of all the ads, and help support EZboard more.
The regular ads just aren't covering the cost anymore, not enough clicks.
Even deleting all the dead boards wouldn't help the issue, the main problem is the cost of managing everything, and paying for the staff. EZboard is their way to make a living.
Around the time EZboard was founded it had somewhere around 40 members of paid staff. The ammount has been drastically decreased to about 10-15, they are making all the budget cuts they can to keep this thing afloat.

If you like other services better then go ahead and switch. But if you like the services EZboard has to offer, and realise just how unimportant the cost can be, then go ahead and get CSC Gold, you won't be disappointed.

IMPLEMENT
Oct 6th, 2001, 05:10:04 PM
Thank you, puppet. No, we're not satisfied with EZ's horrible product. Hence, the move.

I think if it were price alone being the issue, we could work around that. But they're charging more for an inferior product, and thats why we don't like them.

God
Oct 7th, 2001, 02:55:07 AM
EZboard does have some advantages over most bulletin boards like these, such as global accounts that work on all EZboards so you don't have to do all the repetitive logging in, and also it is simpler for new users.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 7th, 2001, 02:59:34 AM
I'm glad you're not the real thing, "god." I could never believe in a deity who liked and even promoted Ezboard.

You should be banned for promoting them here. ;) Or something serious.

SMITES HIM:* MUAHAHAHAHAHA!