PDA

View Full Version : Nup, FMH, Dale....

TheHolo.Net
Oct 3rd, 2001, 10:57:45 PM
Regarding the IMPLEMENT insurrection:

It’s a great idea to try and get all the groups involved in a galactic catastrophe, but….the way it is being carried out has me somewhat concerned.

Is it not true that we force the established fleet rules on “everyone” who participates here?

I do believe that is our stance, and recall it being discussed to some extent in here yesterday as well as in the Roleplaying OOC forum. I see from the first posts of IMPLEMENT here that it now has these “Reavers”, which are vessels of astounding size, putting pressure on each and every group. And I have had a few people come to me with concerns of fairplay.

They build their fleets according to the set rules, yet these Reavers just suddenly appear from thin air, with no construction documentation to back them up and threaten all the fleets that people have poured a great deal of time and effort into, with legitimate documentation and RP.

I do understand that the people behind the IMPLEMENT thing are just trying to create a cool RP, but many people have spoken to me about it and don’t like the idea of some being able to skirt the established rules for the sake of endangering the entire Universe.

I see this as a possible problem when it comes to trying to enforce the fleet rules when we need to. It makes us look as if we are playing favorites, allowing some to just make things like these Reavers up out of the blue, while we tell others that they have to RP anything larger than a SSD out for 90 days in a RP thread here at Fans.

Does any of this make sense? Does anyone understand where I am coming from with this and see the possible problems that could stem from it?

Champion of the Force
Oct 3rd, 2001, 11:04:15 PM
It’s a great idea to try and get all the groups involved in a galactic catastrophe, but….the way it is being carried out has me somewhat concerned ...

... I do understand that the people behind the IMPLEMENT thing are just trying to create a cool RP, but many people have spoken to me about it and don’t like the idea of some being able to skirt the established rules for the sake of endangering the entire Universe.
So, the main point of this roleplay is to get all groups involved for one big 'epic' roleplay correct?

If that is the case, then it will end up being a pointless exercise if roleplayers are dissatisfied regarding the way in which it is being carried out.

People roleplay to have fun. If it doesn't look fun, then they won't roleplay. Simple mathematics.

Therefore if people are showing concern then the authors should restructure the roleplay to alleviate any issues people may have with it.

My 2 cents. :cat (yes I've gone cat crazy today :))

Nupraptor
Oct 3rd, 2001, 11:10:51 PM
I see what you're saying and I do tend to agree. Truth be told, I thought the Reavers were another name for the Cyborgs - I didn't know that they were large ships until I read the thread(s) myself. I don't play Implement, nor do I know everything that's going on. I'm just collaborating by playing related characters. I'll be sure to mention these concerns to the person who does play Imp, however.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 3rd, 2001, 11:25:20 PM
Originally posted by Davwj

Therefore if people are showing concern then the authors should restructure the roleplay to alleviate any issues people may have with it.

I think restructuring it so that these Reavers are not so astoundingly large would save us future headaches and alleviate the concerns which have been voiced to me.

Force Master Hunter
Oct 3rd, 2001, 11:26:23 PM
Interesting you should say this. I've already started an argument at GJO, where upon looking at the Impliment thing, I basically stated that I was refusing to acknowledge as it was a blatant God Mode and not what I would call Star Wars in the slightest - and also mentioned I was doing my utmost to make sure NRSF as an organisation was completely left out. Of course, I never said that any one else was not to join, that is not my place to dictacte what people join in on. I was just expressing my rather deep unease with what seems to me to be not within the spirit of the board. Just about everyone disagreed, except, for a few who bought up the same points you do.

I see your points and agree. However all I will do is simply choose not to participate in any way.

Force Master Hunter
Oct 3rd, 2001, 11:27:44 PM
yes I've gone cat crazy today

What, only today? :)

Champion of the Force
Oct 3rd, 2001, 11:34:29 PM
Hahaha - no. I go for Geelong Cats, so I guess I'm always cat crazy. :cat

But I wouldn't mind a doggie smilie. :)

Champion of the Force
Oct 3rd, 2001, 11:40:11 PM
However all I will do is simply choose not to participate in any way.
Reminds me of the old style roleplays, before any rules were written down. :)

1. Everything is fair game - specific requirements stated at start of roleplay.

2. If roleplay involves individuals besides the author, consent must be granted first.

3. If other individuals don't, roleplay is ignored.

Pure simplicity. Isn't choice a wonderful thing? :cat

Force Master Hunter
Oct 3rd, 2001, 11:54:48 PM
Well, you could always go for the OTHER AFL cats. I so enjoyed watching the Bombers get done in :)

I have to admit, I dont care for rules, which is why the only one I like is Common Sense and Fair Play. I also rather like negotiations and discussions and planning with all involved. That works real nice too :)

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Oct 4th, 2001, 03:00:53 PM
as long as people know how to negociate and talk like people :p

If people dont wish to participate, that is their choice ... plain and simple.

I acutally thought Reavers were Cyborgs too honestly ... but then when I saw some people at TSE bringing up they were huge ships ack ... no fun in that.

If that is tone down and if people agree to RPing because they want to... that is how it should go down

Nupraptor
Oct 4th, 2001, 04:37:03 PM
LL asked me to copy-paste the following:

CirrsseetoRsatta: They also have to understand that this is a forum event...not a faction, really...
CirrsseetoRsatta: its affecting everybody at once...and already guaranteed to fail
Lord Nupraptor: well, apparently a lot of people are complaining about large ships coming out of no where.
CirrsseetoRsatta: they gotta see it in context
CirrsseetoRsatta: if it were an actual group, with actual established RP and motives and such
CirrsseetoRsatta: I mean, anybody who's asked to participate has been free to do so, so its more of their own people working with them on it
CirrsseetoRsatta: there's none of the inter-group bickering in it
CirrsseetoRsatta: they can determine how effective/ineffective their defense is, to a degree of logic
Lord Nupraptor: Hey, explaining yourself to me isn't going to do much good. But you might want to explain this to some of the people who have concerns about this.
CirrsseetoRsatta: well...then you can paste those into that forum or whatever
CirrsseetoRsatta: I'm tired of getting stabbed in the back from people who are too afraid to talk to me directly.
CirrsseetoRsatta: and yes, you can include that, too

Nupraptor
Oct 4th, 2001, 04:39:53 PM
Just to clarify his last comment: He meant that to be along the lines of "Why aren't these people asking me directly instead of trying to go over my head" (to paraphrase). It wasn't directed at me or any of you.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 5th, 2001, 12:10:39 AM
CirrsseetoRsatta: if it were an actual group, with actual established RP and motives and such
CirrsseetoRsatta: I mean, anybody who's asked to participate has been free to do so, so its more of their own people working with them on it
CirrsseetoRsatta: there's none of the inter-group bickering in it
CirrsseetoRsatta: they can determine how effective/ineffective their defense is, to a degree of logic

I do understand the context, and even this statement bodes for future problems with other "non groups" popping up with ridiculous amounts of firepower and claiming that it must be recognized. If we allow such to happen now, we will not be able to stop it in the future because this sets a precident.

Would anyone here want Ron Thrawn, or whatever he is calling himself now, to pop up with 90 KM ships he pulled outta the blue and threaten the entire RP community?

TheHolo.Net
Oct 5th, 2001, 12:12:39 AM
And as an aside. He did not clear this with the groups beforehand, he cleared it with a few select individuals who he wanted to participate, so that argument holds no water.

Force Master Hunter
Oct 5th, 2001, 12:30:27 AM
Would anyone here want Ron Thrawn, or whatever he is calling himself now, to pop up with 90 KM ships he pulled outta the blue and threaten the entire RP community?

I personally didnt think of that. Ewww, I dont want to contemplate the thought. And if we gave him an excuse, he would.

Nupraptor
Oct 5th, 2001, 12:36:04 AM
Like I said to LL: Batting your arguments back and forth between me isn't going to get a whole lot done. :\ I suggested he just discuss it with the groups more thoroughly and consider downsizing the ships.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 5th, 2001, 12:38:36 AM
Okay, I have spoken with IMPLEMENT and he now understands where I am coming from and also sees the point of giving other people excuses by doing it in such a way.

He will make adjustments to the threads so that we the staff will not appear to be playing favorites if Ron Thrawn or anyone tries to do something similar and the staff disputes it.

The vessles will be reduced to SSD size so that they fall below the fleet rule of having to be constructed in threads spanning 90 days, or something to that effect.