PDA

View Full Version : What If I?(open)

Videl
Oct 3rd, 2001, 12:28:17 PM
OOC: although this is an open rp, I will ask for one requirement of those who may want to post in here, please only post if you were around before mid February of 2000, otherwise it won’t go along with the timeline I have set here.

Although she couldn't quite remember much of what was said that night that Videl chose to help Rama and to become a Sith, there were some of LL and Rama's words she had never forgotten.
Well Videl, privy me seeing YOU here. After all, I thought you were no Sith. Don't make this your fight...you won't like the outcome.-LL
Wasn't expecting you so soon.-Rama said before he looked over at Videl. You've got a choice to make, if you want to leave, I won't hold it against you. But I could use your help.-Rama

Every time those words replayed in her mind, she wondered what might have been if things had gone differently and where she would be now. What would have happened if she had chosen to side with LL instead of Rama? What would have changed? These were questions Videl didn't have an answer for but these thoughts often crossed her mind. (Where would I be now? How would my life have been different if I had chosen to side with him instead.) At the time, Videl didn't trust many people and when she was given the choice, Videl picked the one that she knew better which was Rama. Knowing very little about LL at the time, pretty much all that Videl knew was that he was a warrior that could keep up with her and that she respected but when it had all come down to it, she had just chosen Rama since she had known the Sith longer, she felt that she could trust him. As Videl sat on a rock overlooking the Sith Order, she couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if she had chosen to side with LL and the Jedi instead and how different things would be now. As she thought she soon began to feel very tired as her eyelids felt heavy and she fell asleep. A few moments later, two ebony black forms loomed up out of the darkness, one who turned out to be a heavily battle-scarred wolf lay down behind her and rested his head on her hip before closing his eyes as well. The other animal growled, stretched and then the panther took up watching out for his master as she slept on.

Videl
Oct 3rd, 2001, 12:30:22 PM
*The beginning of Videl's glimpse into what might have been*

When Videl awoke, she found herself looking up at a metal roof above her. Glancing over, she looked to see the back of a couch where she had been asleep in wherever she was now. Blinking a few times, she rolled over and looked around some more.(Where am I?) She wondered before hearing someone nearby, looking over she noticed it was LL and another warrior Videl had not yet met. The two men had their backs to her and were speaking in low tones but she could still hear them.

You're saying she defeated Rama like he was nothing?-The warrior she didn't know asked with an obvious tone of disbelief in his voice.

Yes, she was with him in the beginning but she told him off-LL

But we know nothing about her, how can you be sure that we can trust her?-the other warrior

I don't know but she could be very useful to us if she stays. Even though Rama is weaker than you and I, he still shouldn't have been beaten that easily, we could use a power like hers.-LL

Still, I don't know about all of this, she came with him so she must have been with him-the other warrior

I don't think she knew where to be, as far as I can tell, she just met them first. I know you see her turning on him as something not to be trusted, but you know just as well as I do how Rama can be-LL

Well it's your fault if she turns on us since you brought her here-the other warrior

Fine, but I can handle her, she doesn't quite seem as strong as me. But you can ask her anything now, sleep well, Videl?-LL

Um, yes, where am I?-Videl asked while looking at the other warrior suspiciously.

The other warrior turned to look at her, then flashed LL a look of why didn't you tell me she was awake before he spoke to Videl. You are with the Jedi now at our base, I am Darth Turbogeek and I hear that was quite a fight that you were in last night.-DT

She put up quite a fight indeed, Rama was all too happy to leave after what she did. That idiot will be back at home with his injuries for awhile.-LL

Videl raised an eyebrow until the memories came flooding back to her, she had decided to side with one of the two warriors that was standing there now.

Videl
Oct 3rd, 2001, 12:31:24 PM
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
She remembered the shocked look on the Sith's face as she had said "Despite the fun I've had with you, Rama, the dark ways are not mine anymore, I'm tired of having blood covered hands. The way of the Sith is not my path but I think that with the Jedi might be where I belong now...that is if they'll accept me."
The Sith had been quite angry, muttering "betrayer" between curses before drawing out his saber. Videl looked to the Jedi who gave her a look of slight disbelief. From the way he looked at her, she could tell he was considering all of this in his mind, weighing the pros and cons of it all but it wasn't long before he seemed to make up his mind.

"Prove it, Videl, if you truly want to be one of the Jedi, you can show it by trying to defeat him." He said and smirked wryly.
"If that's what it takes, but I won't just try"-Videl said as she drew out a pair of sais and turned back to face Rama.
Rama still looked at Videl as if she had betrayed him but in truth, up until this point, Videl had not yet chosen a side so she was not in the wrong by any means. "Have fun trying, but you won't win."-Rama And without hesitating for even an instant, Rama charged forward and Videl met him in the middle as sparks flew from his saber against her sais that she had crossed in front of her to deflect the blow. For the a few seconds, it seemed either one might win this but those moments were fleeting. What followed next was a flurry of high speed punches and kicks followed by the sound of bones shattering and that lasted maybe all of 30 seconds but it was the Sith and not Videl, who fell to the ground with the pieces of his crushed saber lying all around him. A small pool of blood also began to gather by his head from a wound to the side of his face that was laid open to the bone by one of Videl's sais. The Sith warrior was sprawled out unconscious on the ground, with one arm pinned beneath him and his other lay bent in the wrong direction and rendered useless by his side. Videl on the other hand, remained untouched from the battle and wasn't even winded as she put her sais away and looked back at LL to see if she had done alright. Throughout it all the Jedi just watched, not saying a word even after Rama fell. If he was impressed, he didn't show it, masking his features as most warriors did. Instead he moved forward and began checking through Rama's pockets until he found the Kala stones that Rama had been collecting in order to gain immortality. But as he started to crush them so Rama would never be able to use them, Videl put her hand on his shoulder to his attention.

"I've got a better idea, it would be far more fun to make his annoyance last more than a few days wouldn't it? Let me just see those stones, okay?" Videl said quietly and even though he looked unsure of her motives, LL handed them over. "Be back in a second." Videl said before she disappeared from view as she teleported away. Within a few seconds, she returns without the stones.

"What did you do?"-The Jedi asked while raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing much, just hid them both where he'll never find them."-Videl smirked

LL looked at her for a moment before he began to walk away but then she had heard him tell her to come over so they could teleport back to where he had left his ship. Videl had been reluctant to go with the man who was still somewhat of a stranger, but since LL was a Jedi, she felt that she could trust him. After teleporting back, Videl remembered falling asleep in his ship but nothing more until she had woken up.

Videl
Oct 3rd, 2001, 12:32:15 PM
Videl brushed a bit of her unruly hair out of her eyes before answering DT. Well I'm Videl, pleased to meet you, Darth Turbogeek-Videl said quietly, looking around a bit more. (Oh, I'm still in his ship, that explains the metal roof up there)

DT forced a smile since he still wasn't quite sure about this one. Well I've got things to do, so feel free to get to know the grounds, Videl-DT said before sending LL a brief bit of a telepathy message, telling him to watch her and that if she made one wrong move, she would be force frying panned before she knew it.

Videl smirks upon hearing DT, he probably didn't know she knew how to use the force but she didn't mind, she knew she wouldn't be trusted for awhile.

LL cast a slightly annoyed glance at the other warrior's retreating form before turning his attention back to Videl. Well I'll leave you to wander about if you wish, Videl but I'll be listening to your thoughts so keep out of trouble-LL said before turning away and walking down the ramp.

(Hmm, they seem not really mind me being on my own, it's nice to have a little bit of freedom for a change.) Videl thought as she watched him go, she sat there for a few more minutes before she got up and looked out of the ship's doorway. A large ship yard lined with ships of all shapes and sizes met her curious eyes but a light from a doorway in the distance caught her attention. Walking towards it, she then found herself walking down a dimly lit hallway with high vaulted ceilings. Videl wasn't used to being able to go where she pleased when she had been among Teskara's troops so she took full advantage of the freedom to explore that she had been given as she wandered about. Admiring the grand look of the place, Videl didn't pay much attention where she was going until she slammed right into someone. Knocked over in her surprise, Videl brushed her hair away from her eyes before she looked up into the tranquil eyes of a tall man and a short woman with two odd buns on either side of her head.

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention-Videl said while smiling nervously as they helped her up (Great, Just run into the people living here, Videl, good way to make friends. And real good way to make a good first impression by falling on your ass, I'm doing soooo well)

But the man didn't seem to mind as he smiled back at her. He seemed to be somewhat trying not to laugh so Videl knew he had listened to her thoughts but he didn't say anything about it. You must be the one LL brought home, I hear that you defeated Rama easily, is that true?-he asked

Yes, I'm Videl and who might you two be?-Videl

This is my wife, Leia and I am Obiwan, hopefully you'll find this place to your liking, Videl, we can always use extra help against the Sith-Obiwan

Well I chose my side last night and I will join you if your council decides to let me. Videl smiled nervously again, since she wasn't sure of how high the pair ranked among the Jedi And yes, I do like it here so far, it's a lot nicer here than at the Sith place, their place was so dark and foreboding, I never felt quite at home there.-Videl

Good to hear, we must get going but see you later, Videl-Leia said as she and Obiwan walked away.

Videl watched them go before continuing on, wandering throughout the many halls and corridors of the Jedi base.

Videl
Oct 12th, 2001, 11:55:04 PM
Videl continued to wander, meeting different types and races of people along the way. But the Mycejin was used to this since in her wandering, she had traveled to more planets than she could remember. But instead of feeling lonely as she normally did, she felt at home here, like she belonged there. It had been years since Videl had been able to stay in one place so she was liking this. The people were very nice and Videl caught herself smiling more than she had in years, but of course the years before had given her nothing to smile about. None of the new people seemed to distrust her, unlike the Sith who she felt had always been watching and probing her mind with the force. In the past few hours, she had met many people and had watched a young padawan being trained which was a lot less violent than how the Sith apprentices were trained. The master of the padawan had offered her the chance to spar but Videl turned that down, she wasn't quite one of them yet since she had not been accepted yet. So instead she thanked the master politely and continued on her way.

Videl
Oct 12th, 2001, 11:56:07 PM
As Videl continued to walk down the halls to get used to her new surroundings, she worked on her control over some of the other uses of the force's by tracking a few force auras that were around. (Let's see, The Lounge Lizard is over there, Obi and Leia are that way) But Videl stopped as she sensed another that she had met earlier, it was DT. As she rounded a corner, she saw him in a nearby room, cleaning an odd looking weapon. Peering around the corner to see better, she saw it was a frying pan. (What the?) She thought to herself. Even though Videl could sense a great power from this one just as she had sensed from LL, Videl had no fear of this one either. In truth, Videl had only been afraid at one time in her life, the night that her parents were killed by a small group of bandits from her former employer. Previously, Videl had been forced to work as an assassin or be killed herself and it was only after her friend's death that she was able to escape. But those days were long gone, Videl had been wandering for the past 7 years and had not killed anyone since. As each day passed, Videl became more and more relaxed as she settled back into living a normal life although her fighting style still never showed any sign of it, she was just as skilled and fierce as she ever was. And even though the demons of her past still haunted her, no one would ever notice it in the normal looking woman that now walked the halls. But these Jedi were willing to give her a chance so Videl was glad of it, she needed to leave her past behind her. Still cleaning his weapon, DT remained silent, seemingly ignoring Videl completely. Videl watched him for a few moments more before walking past and noticed the Jedi smile again. (Yep, he definitely knew I was watching. Well at least these Jedi aren't as wild as the Sith, I never felt quite able to let my guard down around the Sith. These Jedi seem quite nice though, I think I will be happy here. Hopefully I will hear from them soon to see if I will be allowed to stay, this place seems like home to me already. But I sense that I will have to earn that one's trust which I'm willing to do since trust is important.) Videl thought to herself as she continued to wander for a little while longer, until she found the sleeping quarters of the Jedi that she had asked a passerby about earlier. Yawning, Videl walked into an empty room and lay down on the bed, staring up at the ceiling above her for a bit.

Videl
Oct 12th, 2001, 11:57:03 PM
But as Videl lay there for a moment, she realized that she wasn’t really tired. Sitting up, she sat there quietly thinking about what she wanted to do. Then the idea came to her, the marketplace, those places had always proved fun in the past and she had broken one of her favorite daggers in a fight about a month before coming here. With her mind made up, Videl set out to do so, walking out of the Jedi base and into the bustling crowds. Almost as soon as she got about 15 feet away, she heard a familiar voice in her head, talking her through telepathy.

(Where are you going? Not planning on leaving are you?)

Videl smirked, it was LL, checking on what she was doing (I’m just wandering a bit, nothing to worry about. I’m just going out a bit to get a new dagger for the one I broke a few weeks ago. I’m not leaving, I'll be back in about an hour or so)

(I see, well don't get into trouble or wander off, Videl, I really don't feel like going after you to bring you back here today)

Videl laughed a bit (I'll be back soon I promise, I said that I wanted to join the Jedi so that is what I intend to do. I just need another dagger is all and maybe another weapon or two)

(Whatever, just don't go running back to the Sith or I will have to kill you one of these days)

(Geez, I'm not going back to them, I'll be right back) Videl said back before fading into the crowd.

Videl walked for a bit and haggled with one of the vendors until she got the price down to what she wanted. While admiring her new dagger, Videl heard a explosion of sound of to her right. As she turned to look, a blur of black ran full tilt from a nearby alley, swept passed her and hid behind her legs. Looking down, Videl saw a large battle-scarred wolf cowering and whimpering as he tried to hide behind her and disappear under her cloak. Several gashes marred his hide but the blood streaming down from a laceration cutting over his right eye was what caught Videl's attention. Obviously stressed to the breaking point, the wolf looked uneasily out as he peered out from underneath Videl's cloak in the direction he had come from. Giving her a pleading look, the wolf gazed up at her with his uninjured murky brown eye and whimpered softly. A bunch of cursing from the direction the animal had come from caused the wolf's ears to go back as it dropped to the ground and covered its head with his paws. While still looking in the direction of the sound, Videl crouched down beside it and patted the animal on the head. It wasn't long before a very annoyed looking man walked around the corner, glaring and brandishing a large sword as he shouted several curses at the animal. A scowl crossed Videl's features as she stood up and approached the man.

What is going on here? Why are you chasing this poor animal?-Videl

That beast is of no use to me, he's ruined with that scar on his eye so I aim to kill the mutt!-the man yelled and tried to push past Videl.

But before he took one step, he stopped because of the sai now held up to his throat.

No, I think you will just be on your way and leave this animal alone, understand?-Videl said darkly, the man was lying to her, his mind showed images of a man lying bruised and blooded on the ground as the wolf growled menacingly in the defense of the prone figure. But the wolf soon yelped in pain as a sword rent its way down the side of his face. Looking through the eyes of the man who stood before in his memories, Videl saw the man look at the sword that was now and still covered in blood then the man beat the animal mercilessly until the creature managed to get away. So despite what this man had to say, Videl was not buying it.

The man gulped slightly, eyeing the sai at his throat before he stepped back.

Fine, take the mutt, he's of no use to me-He said before grumbling as he walked off. He was just as Videl had also sensed, a coward who backed down easily when danger presented itself.

Videl scowled at the man before she was bowled over and having her face being licked by sloppy swipes from the wolf's tongue. Videl laughed and pushed him off.

Your welcome, boy but I don't need to be covered in drool today.

Still laughing, Videl began to mutter a phrase over and over in her native language as the wolf looked at her curiously and cocked his head to the side. Soon much to the wolf's amazement, the wound over his eye began to heal until nothing more than a white scar now stood in the place of the gash and blood remained where a wound no longer was. Wagging his tail back and forth energetically behind him, the wolf yipped and made an odd sounding howl. Videl smiled and started to walk away but the wolf fell in step at her side and yipped again.

I guess I'll have to take you with me then but you'll need a name, Shadow? Nah?Emmm, Kuroi? Yep that fits you, come on Kuroi, I don't think the Jedi will mind my keeping you-Videl

Yipping again, the wolf followed behind his new master happily, looking up at her with grateful looking eyes. It wasn't long before they got back to the Jedi base and Kuroi settled down on her bed, looking at her to see if that was alright, with his ears back nervously. Videl smiled (Already making yourself at home? Hehe, silly animal) Upon seeing her smile, Kuroi laid his head on his paws and closed his eyes, soon making odd woofs and yips in his sleep.

Videl
Nov 2nd, 2001, 12:39:48 AM
As Videl watched Kuroi sleep peacefully, she had a feeling the wolf hadn't had to deal with much until this day had come. A peaceful life was a luxury Videl had not had in years, the past 15 years her life, her hands had been continually stained with the blood of others. As a former assassin of a rogue group under the leadership of a man named Teskara, Videl had cut short countless lives. But Videl had not ever wanted this life, it was only because of the company of her brother and her master that she was able to take it. Namu, a Ctarl Ctarl/Maknan half-breed had spared her and her brother and had trained them both so they could survive. But Namu had made sure not to train the feelings out them so neither one became cold-blooded entirely. Because of this, Videl wanted to start anew with the Jedi, to help instead of kill and to make sure what had happened to her would not happen to others. The Jedi seemed willing to give her a chance so she would do her best not to fail them. But after a time, Videl begins to get a little restless so she pokes Kuroi lightly in the side to wake him. Jolted awake, the wolf's eyes open wide in surprise as his muscles tense in response. Then figuring out what had happened, he looks back at Videl and gives a short disapproving bark. Videl tries her best to look innocent but the wolf clamps his teeth down lightly on her hand as if to say "don't do that." Getting up and stretching out his dark body, Kuroi yawns and arches his back before yipping at Videl. Laughing slightly, Videl gets and walks out of the room with Kuroi following closely at her heels. Occasionally the wolf circles Videl as they walk and yipping as if wondering where they were headed, but Videl had no real destination. It wasn't long before Videl saw DT walking towards her.

Ah, Videl, just who I was looking for. After giving it a lot of thought, the council has decided to let you join us. But I will continue to watch you so don't fail us.-DT

I won't fail you, you have my word-Videl

We'll see how you do Videl before I'll even begin to trust you-DT said as he left but a slight smile crossed his features.

Videl smirked. (Just as I thought, he wants me to earn his trust, well I'll do my best to do so.)

Videl
Nov 18th, 2001, 02:13:26 AM
*But before Videl had gotten very far away, DT’s voice could be heard again as he walked back towards her.* I forgot to tell you but we also chose a master for you, his name is Jedi Boricua, he’s waiting for you outside the grounds….

I will go now and meet him then, I will do my best to do everything I can do to help the Jedi and the innocent-Videl *says quietly while bowing respectfully before walking away. Following closely at her heels, Kuroi whimpers to get Videl’s attention but she pays him no heed since she was expected not to dawdle. Taking the quickest route she could find, Videl walks and sees a man waiting there. Sitting on a rock with his back to her, he speaks before Videl can make her presence known.*

So you’re Videl, huh? It’s not everyday we get a new Padawan who can defeat one of the stronger Sith like he was nothing-JB *says but still doesn’t look back her*

He was no trouble, he was all bark and no bite. I did what I needed to do to stop him.-Videl *said while she walked up to him.*

Still Rama may be a little dim but he’s not an amateur, some of our other Padawans have had trouble defeating him, Videl. If you are as strong as you may seem, we may just have more help against those demons but it still remains to be seen if you are truly on our side-JB *then turns to look at Videl for the first time. Looking like most of the Jedi she had seen, there was something about this one that she could tell that there was more to him than he seemed. But as usual, Videl was not unnerved by the powerful aura she felt.*

I know but I assure that I am, the Sith had no hold on me, their ways are not mine anymore-Videl

Not anymore huh? Mind telling me a little about that, Videl? Anbira mentioned something about how he sensed a darker side in you, tell me about the part of past you are trying to fight against now-JB

Well I was an assassin, Master……-Videl *looked away, obviously in guilt for her past transgressions*
I once cut short countless lives under the orders of Teskara but I never wanted to do it….but I have been free for almost 7 years now and I am trying to get back to living a normal life…..I swear that I will never kill for no reason ever again-Videl *said with a regretful tone in her voice as she looked back up at JB*

*JB seemed to be considering his next words as he just looked at her for a few moments before speaking again.* Hmmm, somewhat what I assumed, you would need some sort of other training to defeat Rama like I have heard you did but we Jedi are not ones to hold a grudge against someone. I will train you to control your power to help instead of harm, but only you can conquer your past demons though. I would be lying to you if I said we never reformed some of Padawans we’ve had here, LL was a Sith at one point but he’s now one of the warriors I trust more than anyone else. I will never hold your past against you, Videl, as far as I’m concerned, your past means nothing to me as long as you don’t revert back to it-JB

Thanks, master, I won’t fail you-Videl *says before sitting on the rock next to him. Kuroi follows and sits behind her, resting his head on her shoulder*

*JB smirks but says nothing about the wolf * Now how much do you know of the force? I know you know what it is since I’ve sensed you using it to track some of us, but how much do you know about it?

I knew nothing about it until my brother was killed, I was so distraught that my power overtook me and I shocked the hell out of everyone who happened to be near me at the time. Until that day, I knew nothing about it or that I could use it until those who hadn’t been in range started muttering about the force before running off. I caught the one of the ones who lagged behind but he didn’t know anything relevant so I asked my master, Namu. After getting over his shock of what I had done, he told me all that he knew about it and hacked into Teskara’s files to find out anything else he could. I looked over detail of the information he found, taking it all in and that is how I learned of this system where the Jedi and Sith where said to live. But I wasn’t able to get away until a month later when another of my friends was killed while out on a mission. At a great risk to his own life, Namu found a way to sneak me out since it would get back to Teskara that I was the one who had killed those men. It took me 7 years to get here and I found that idiot Rama first. So I followed him around, knowing that he would have to lead me to the Jedi at some point and I knew I couldn’t just ask him since he would have killed me if I had made my true intentions known. But in answer to your question, I know only what I was able to find and how to use it although I have no idea how well since Rama didn’t put up enough of a fight to give me a good idea of what the rest of you are capable of-Videl

Well we will see what you can do in time but just give me a moment to think of the best way to explain it to you-JB *said while closing his eyes as he gathered his thoughts*