PDA

View Full Version : The Fate of the Galaxy: Kamaar

IMPLEMENT
Oct 3rd, 2001, 10:24:19 AM
Out of the abyss of hyperspace, an enormous structure emerges, setting upon an inexorable course to the strongest planet in the Imperial Remnant, Kamaar. The ship, if it could be so called, was a jumble of various objects that seemed to have been assembled onto themselves in a manner that suggested the design was foolish. Hulls of derelict craft and other bits of space wreckage could be seen, forming a jumbled and shapeless weapon.

This assumption was unwise. The AI goddess IMPLEMENT had forseen the creation of this 12.8 kilometer long fortress. It was known simply as a Reaver...an automated instrument of death that had no other intrinsic capacity. Since her banishment from Coruscant a year ago, she had longed for revenge, plotting to tear all foolish carbon-based life forms from their pitiful control of that which belonged to her. Their feeble powers were wasted warring against each other. Such inefficient creatures...they would even be inadequate for servants. Annihilation was the only due course. While looking haphazard and quite unpleasing to the eye, the ship was tailored with perfection to complete its tasks.

Striking into the heart of the Imperial faction, the Reaver slowly trundled into the area, prepared to toss aside all resistance to the Remnant's inevitable annihilation.

Admiral Lebron
Oct 5th, 2001, 02:37:46 PM
Aboard the Super Star Destroyer Umaro, the Admiral Lei Lebron felt proud, returning from his campaign, he had made the Remnant much larger. Currently, the Remnant fleet was assembled at Kamaar, before heading out on another campaign.

Along with the amassed fleets, Kamaar had a very mean defense system on its on. With two overlapping Gencore two shields, several Golan defense platforms,several ground based KDY ion cannons. and many dozens of Corellian Gunships, which had been built and were awaiting orders to head out to defend systems.

"SIR!" A sensors officer screamed.
Lebron looked over at him, quizzicly saying "What?"
"A massive ship just poped in the system.. umm.. roughly 12 and a half kilometers long.." Fear ran through his voice.
"Friendly or foe?"
"No IFF"
"Call the fleet to Red Alert. Sheilds up, fighters on standby. Order the planet to go to Red alert. Tell them to get it's birds ready, it's Golans ready and the mines to act as defensive nets by the yards. Order the gunships to head to the far side of the close moon. Order the Commodore and Captains to make defensive nets... oh and send it a transmition of peace." The Admiral gasped for air, as the crewman noded. Wonderful...

Sarin Vorran
Oct 7th, 2001, 01:45:56 PM
Aboard the Akon, Commander Sarin Vorran, a veteran of over two dozen years of space combat, had been sleeping. His ships were slated to come out of hyperspace above the Imperial capital world-officially, despite the recent gain of Bastion, they still had not moved High Command-and ready themselves for ceremonies lauding the successful conclusion of the Brita-Kajarro battles.

When the battle klaxons sounded, Sarin jumped from his bed. " All hands to battle stations!" was his first order, grabbing his comm from the night stand next to where he slept.

" Commander, there is a massive ship-longer than the Umaro nearing Kamaar. What are your orders?"

" All ships deploy fighters. Delta formation. Bring all weapons to bear and ready for battle. I'll be on the bridge in three minutes. Bring us on course for their left flank, and hope the Admiral can draw their fire..."

-Will edit later

DESIGNATE Kavaal 792
Oct 8th, 2001, 01:42:41 PM
OOC: Attack delayed due to pending TIR fleet review.

Admiral Lebron
Oct 8th, 2001, 02:19:24 PM
Oh Joy.

Radon Monty
Oct 11th, 2001, 09:14:55 PM
OOC: When you are ready. The ninth is ready to do some damage. Sarrin: Go to the Borromeo Sector fleet headquarters. I have a plan that we need to discuss. Post there. I will find you. >D

Admiral Lebron
Oct 12th, 2001, 06:52:24 PM
Monty?

Radon Monty
Oct 13th, 2001, 11:13:14 AM
I am Moff Radon Mont, Admiral. I had to add a y yo my name.:evil

Admiral Lebron
Oct 13th, 2001, 11:18:59 PM
>.<

Major Jancarius Stefanisky
Oct 14th, 2001, 12:29:55 AM
The 83rd Dragon's wing dropped out of hyperspace about halfway around the planet from the Umaro. "Kamaar Control, this is Major Jancarius Sefanisky, returning from long patrol. Requesting situational update."
"Control here. Be advised, we have a Reaver in-system."
"Acknowledged Control. Mu, Nu, and Oni squadrens, load up with the heaviest ordance you can get. Raganork, Armagedon, and Dragon squadrons, we'll engage snubfighters and targets of opportunity. All Hammerheads, follow my lead on approach."
"Acknowledged Dragon 1." came back over the comm. Jancarius flipped power to his shields, and shut down his sensor emissions. With the ability to tap into the Kamaar sensors, there was no need to light himself up on radar, but he'd be able to detect units. Energy flowed into the weapons and his shields came online as he hurtled towards the Reaver.

Admiral Lebron
Oct 14th, 2001, 09:09:55 AM
Ack! Go post in http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10618

and at the TIR board, so I can get you on the mailing list, here:

http://pub54.ezboard.com/bserpentfleet

Thanks!

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Oct 14th, 2001, 02:47:19 PM
Peeps ... this is not acceptable. This isnt the OOC forum. ANything else not related to this thread IC will be deleted.

Sarin Vorran
Oct 16th, 2001, 07:05:29 AM
Buttoning his tuinc as he raced to the bridge, Commander Vorran could not help but wonder at what was approaching. What had come over the comm system was a marvel-A Super-star Destroyer-size object has entered Kamaar space. All ships to red alert.

Vorran stepped onto the bridge and looked out the bow viewports as he strode up the catwalk to his commnd chair. What he saw was a mass of parts, a fortresss of scrap, encumbered with weapons and over ten kilomters in length.

" Have we received orders from Admiral Lebron?" Commander Vorran asked, looking at Akon's senior communication's officer.

" None, sir," she replied.

" Then we'll make our own. " Attach the Aurora-class Star Destroyer Termagant to my command, along with four Corellian Gunships. That should replace our fighter losses and garrison requirements from the Brita-Kajarro missions.

" Helm-bring us to course three-one-five and prepare to jump to light speed on my mark as soon as the ships are in formation and the Aurora and gunships have fallen in."

A moment latter, amidst the chaos an invasion can bring, the words was given, and Task Force Tempest, jumped to the edge of the Kamaar system. When it arrived, it turned, and prepared to jump back, and hit the Reaver with the rest of Kamaar's defenses...

Major Jancarius Stefanisky
Oct 16th, 2001, 12:45:53 PM
"Mu Leader here. We have heavy space bombs loaded on our secondary launchers."
"Nu reporting. Same here, Dragon Leader."
"Oni reports the same."
"Mu, Nu, and Oni, intiate HH tactic." ordered Jancarius. The thirty six missile boats vanished into hyperspace. Abruptly, they dropped back out of hyperspace, virtually on top of the Reaver, and began releasing space bombs. The powerful charges moved on kinetic power, emitting no electronic signals, towards the hull of the Reaver, which they impacted with impressive explosions, peeling off hull plates, vaprosing metal, and making the twisted amalgation of ship hulls even more twisted. After they released a second batch, the missile boats vanished back into hyperspace, dissapearing before the Reavers's weapons could come to bear.
"Dragon, Raganork, and Armageddon squadrons, there don't seem to be any fighters. Hold off at four klicks from the Reaver." The Hammerhead fighters began moving in a random pattern, spacing themselves so that no fire would be able to hit more than one of them at a time, even if it could hit at 4 time the normal maximum range. Abruptly, the missile boats reverted to real space, farther up the ship this time, and released another wave of space bombs against the Reaver before dissapearing back into space. There were now two massive gaping holes in the twisted hulks hull.

Radon Monty
Oct 17th, 2001, 06:33:28 PM
As soon as the lieutenant Colonels ships jumped into hyperspace, he began the countdown.
"Start the countdown, Major." Moff Mont ordered.
"Yes, sir!"
Turning to communications he said:
"Tell the rest of the fleet to jump on my Mark."
"Yes, sir!"
He waited. Then the countdown reached zero.
"MARK!"
His fleet jumped to hyperspace.>D