PDA

View Full Version : Q for shipbuilding Rules.

Mhalbrecht Dalarsco
Sep 30th, 2001, 01:23:59 AM
Soon, the TGVC may be an official group, so I would like to know how shipbuilding rules currently stand, for when we start building a fleet. (Hoepfuly in enough time to save everyones bacon from Impliment.)

Gitane Van Derveld
Sep 30th, 2001, 03:56:24 AM
Oh.. Yay.. -_-;; I've been panned.

Sanis Prent
Sep 30th, 2001, 04:09:35 AM
have to have five members to form a group...then you get a 40km shipyard and a customer/nonmilitary construction shipyard. Builds are 250 meters a day per yard.

If you got 4 other members today, and started building today, you could build one VSD, and maybe a few fighters to stock it with.

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 30th, 2001, 04:35:29 AM
:smokin *one of the 75*

:D

Q
Sep 30th, 2001, 04:47:18 AM
Someone call my name? It was in the thread title.

Mhalbrecht Dalarsco
Sep 30th, 2001, 06:04:47 AM
Short for question, you dumbass.

Mhalbrecht Dalarsco
Sep 30th, 2001, 06:38:16 AM
What about Resaerch?
Like say, how longe would It take to design a new type of TIE, and how long would it take to actualy build the Shipyard.

Darth Q
Sep 30th, 2001, 07:33:03 AM
Be polite o rude person, least Q smites you

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 30th, 2001, 07:45:21 AM
I'll post a copy of the shipyard rules for you tonight if no one has by the time I get my computer up a running again. [Posting from Ryu's PC]

Melusine Galelei
Sep 30th, 2001, 08:05:35 AM
:eek --Gawks at Jeseth's post count for a moment-- 666!

...--Whaps Q and Mhalbrecht over the head-- Do we need to seperate you two?

Force Master Hunter
Sep 30th, 2001, 08:48:40 AM
FORCE FRYING PAN!!!

WHAP!!!!

:: Melsuine gets hit outta the ball park!!!::

Now, thats how you whack someone around here :-P

And the total panning handed out now is......

75!!!!

Jyanis Scorpion
Sep 30th, 2001, 10:01:15 AM
*Brings out a cake shaped like a frying pan with seventy-five candles*

Congratulations!

Mhalbrecht Dalarsco
Oct 2nd, 2001, 06:06:18 AM
Q, if you wanna smite someone, smite Jeseth, he IS the devil!

Yoghurt
Oct 2nd, 2001, 08:10:31 AM
I have had some connection problems (ISP switch) for the last couple of days, and have to leave for work, so I will just reply to this in a hurry.

Fleetrules <a href=http://www.thegjo.com/NR/shiprules3.htm>here</a>.

You are allowed 2 shipyards. The customer shipyard is in addition to the 2.

Now, of course, it makes no sense that a group like GJO only has one shipyard (+1 customer) when every other group is allowed 2 (+ 1 customer), but that is not a discussion I intend to start here. :)

Mhalbrecht Dalarsco
Oct 2nd, 2001, 05:29:13 PM
Can I use both my military shipyards together, ie. make them orbit side by side, and have them both work on the same ship?

Force Master Hunter
Oct 2nd, 2001, 06:32:52 PM
WHEN your a official group you mea and not before...

Shipyards can not work on the same ship, unless you are doing somethign under the 90 day rule, at which point you can do NOTHING else other than that project.

Yoghurt
Oct 2nd, 2001, 06:53:43 PM
Yes, you can. The main purpose of building time restrictions is to avoid groups building up their fleets too quickly. Even though you are building that one ship faster, you have built the same length of ship total. Contrary to what some people might think, the rules are not there to complicate or make ship building confusing or difficult. It is the other way around.

Yoghurt
Oct 2nd, 2001, 06:58:07 PM
Sorry if I sounded a bit bombastic in my above statement, btw. The 90 day rule is IMO a good example shipyards can work together on project. :)

Oh, yeah, FMH is right. You got to be an official group first before you can do anything at all.

Jyener Celchu
Oct 2nd, 2001, 07:07:42 PM
Why would you need to use both shipyards on the same ship? Do you expect to build something greater than 40,000 meters?

Yoghurt
Oct 2nd, 2001, 07:18:53 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about the same as Jyener. Why not build your command ship in on shipyard and other ships in the other for fleet balance.

I also find it somewhat curious you would want to build a ship of that size when you only got two shipyards. Even the NR with 5 shipyards, would think hard about constructing more such ships. While I would not call it a waste of time, such projects give disproportional little value compare to the time invested. You can not run an efficient fleet on one a single command ship. :)

Admiral Lebron
Oct 2nd, 2001, 08:26:04 PM
Listen, you will need small stuff, to get places you can't. One Big ship for every small 20 is good. 10 big ships for every other five small ships is bad.

Mhalbrecht Dalarsco
Oct 2nd, 2001, 08:31:03 PM
I was just wondering.
You never know when you get an idea for an Rp, and you want to cut build time in half.
And, in response to FMH, I just want to know these things now, so I don't waste time when I do have enough Members.