PDA

View Full Version : Now we have Borg?

imported_Eve
Sep 28th, 2001, 08:30:02 PM
First kitties (I'm sure much to FMH's delight), and now Borg. Maybe I'll bring in the Snorks?

Just trying to keep up on y'all.

ReaperFett
Sep 28th, 2001, 08:37:27 PM
I'll protect you :)

DESIGNATE Kimaera 078
Sep 28th, 2001, 08:42:47 PM
<font color="Aqua" size="3" face="Times New Roman">Not.Borg.. We.are.the.tools.of.IMPLEMENT..</font>

Q
Sep 28th, 2001, 08:44:09 PM
Snarks would be so much more interesting than "Snorks", anyway.

imported_Eve
Sep 28th, 2001, 08:57:07 PM
Ugh... I'm speaking of Snorks (hanna barbera)!

Implement, borg, whatever.

Q
Sep 28th, 2001, 09:02:10 PM
And I'm speaking of "Snarks", creatures from Lewis Carroll's twisted imagination

Ryu Warusa
Sep 29th, 2001, 07:32:16 AM
I want clayfighters to be in SWFans next.

imported_Firebird1
Sep 30th, 2001, 02:50:24 AM
Ni!

Rama
Sep 30th, 2001, 04:24:04 AM
Im surprised we havn't seen someone running around as Allstar yet.

Nuriko Sha
Sep 30th, 2001, 07:44:36 AM
::waits for someone to register as AllStar and beat Rama around:: :crack

Melusine Galelei
Sep 30th, 2001, 08:07:20 AM
:lol Don't encourage those of the living bored, Nuri. :p

Varlon Konrad
Sep 30th, 2001, 09:58:41 AM
"Borg? Ah hell, there goes the neighborhood.."

Tempist Opps
Sep 30th, 2001, 09:05:00 PM
::thinks::

why hasnt anyone done a vorlon from babalyon 5 yet? and no, darth doesnt count.

imported_Firebird1
Sep 30th, 2001, 09:29:02 PM
LOL!!!

DarthHERA
Sep 30th, 2001, 10:22:13 PM
I gotta say...the borg are some of the best bad guys ever
conceived. They are a nightmare.

The Predator dude isnt bad either, but the Borg...gah.

imported_Eve
Oct 2nd, 2001, 10:14:36 PM
But but BUT!

...oh nevermind, I suppose I stretched the starwars boundaries myself...kinda.

DESIGNATE P'Taal 386
Oct 3rd, 2001, 12:01:03 AM
We are not Borg. We are cybernetically enhanced humanoids. We are not from the Star Trek Universe, like Q. We are not asthetically pleasing, and our likeness is like the Borg, but WE ARE NOT BORG!!

Resistance, however, would still be futile.

Azure Regalia
Oct 3rd, 2001, 06:22:46 AM
:lol

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 3rd, 2001, 01:13:44 PM
:: Ponders creating the Dominion and the Jem-Hadar ::

|I

Alpha
Oct 3rd, 2001, 06:22:08 PM
That's a scary thought...

Admiral Lebron
Oct 3rd, 2001, 06:33:00 PM
Can I be Star Fleet?! Please!! I want to be Star Fleet! We always win!

Alpha
Oct 4th, 2001, 11:16:44 AM
Well....They don't always win, unless you count the Enterprise bailing them out of every situagtion...

Live Wire
Oct 4th, 2001, 11:29:47 AM
oh good lord we're being over run by borg wanna be's!!

Hey Eve I thought I was the only one who rememberd the snorks!!! I use to love that cartoon! You rock!

ReaperFett
Oct 4th, 2001, 11:50:39 AM
The name rings a bell, but cant think what Snorks are. Got any piccies?

Live Wire
Oct 4th, 2001, 12:06:13 PM
they're the little undersea creature thingies

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 4th, 2001, 02:08:37 PM
They looked like Gonzo (sp) from the Muppets. Cute in a sort of freakish way.

Live Wire
Oct 4th, 2001, 02:26:20 PM
http://www.electricferret.com/battle/pics/snorks.gif

thats a snork

Alpha
Oct 4th, 2001, 04:10:17 PM
those things are scary as Hell...Though that's just an 8th grade freak's opinion...

ReaperFett
Oct 4th, 2001, 04:14:36 PM
cant remember about them, but I do remember what they look like now :)

Jehova Eaven
Oct 4th, 2001, 04:31:52 PM
those things were scary....

Slayn Rainyer
Oct 5th, 2001, 12:17:19 AM
Snorks are kool... there just smurfs that swim they can't hurt you. Unless maybe there was a lot of them...

Nuriko Sha
Oct 5th, 2001, 01:12:08 AM
Smurfs were so evil. :mneh With the exception of the couple dozen that actually had something resembling a personality, the rest were the epitome of mob mentality. :lol

Miryan no Trunks
Oct 5th, 2001, 01:36:27 AM
Hmm... Maybe I'll bring in a Zentraedi character..

Or hey, better yet, bring in the Fraggles :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 5th, 2001, 03:17:07 AM
Miryan, I was about to say the same thing! Fraggle Rock, uh...rocked... :D

imported_Eve
Oct 5th, 2001, 04:37:21 PM
LW - nice to know someone else remembers them... thought I was too old now.

And then LD bringing up the fraggles makes me feel even better.

Reminds me of GOOD movies like Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal. Just don't make em like that anymore.

:: registers fraggle account for Blue ::

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 5th, 2001, 11:30:42 PM
Remember the doozers!? :lol I loved those guys! Must dig up pic of me as a doozer for my sister's Fraggle Rock birthday party...and burn it! ;)

I thought the Fraggle's name was Red. ??? I dont' remember the other's names, but I do remember what they looked like. And the giants on the other side of the garbage heap!

Captain Joachim Fena
Oct 5th, 2001, 11:32:24 PM
DARK CRYSTAL RULES!

Live Wire
Oct 7th, 2001, 02:03:09 AM
This is for all you people who remember fraggle rock and the smurfs and the snorks! The posters who were kids in the 80's and remember back when kids had cool cartoons and not this pokemon and barney crap! Im glad to see Im not hte only one out there who remembers this stuff! You guys rock!!

(yeah I know its long but if you were a kid during the 80's you'll love this)

I am a child of the eighties. That is what I prefer to be called. The nineties can do without me. Grunge isn't here to stay, fashion is fickle, and "Generation X" is a myth created by some over-40 writer trying to figure out why people wear flannel in the summer.

When I got home from school, I played with my Atari 2600. I spent hours playing Pitfall or Combat or Breakout or Dodge'em Cars or Frogger. I never did beat Asteroids. Then I watched "Scooby Doo". Daphne was a goddess, and I thought Shaggy was smoking something synthetic in the back of their psychedelic van. I hated Scrappy.

I would sleep over at friends' houses on the weekends. We played army with G.I. Joe figures, and I set up galactic wars between Autobots and Decepticons. We stayed up half the night throwing marshmellows and Velveeta at one another. We never beat the Rubik's Cube. I got up on Saturday mornings at 6 a.m. to watch bad Hanna-Barbera cartoons like "The Snorks", "Jabberjaw", "Captain Caveman", and "SpaceGhost". In between I would watch "School House Rock". (Conjunction junction what's your function?) On weeknights Daisy Duke was my future wife. I was going to own the General Lee and shoot dynamite arrows out the back. (Why did they weld the doors shut?) At the movies the Nerds got Revenge on the Alpha Betas by teaming up with the Omega Mus. I watched Indiana Jones save the Ark of the Covenant and wondered what Yoda meant when he said, "No, there is another."

Ronald Reagan was cool. Gorbachev was the guy who built a McDonalds in Moscow. My family took summer vacations to the Gulf of Mexico and collected "Muppet Movie" glasses along the way. (We had the whole set.) My siblings and I fought in the backseat. At the hotel we found creative uses for Connect Four pieces like throwing them in that big air conditioning unit.

I listened to John Cougar Mellencamp sing about Little Pink Houses for Jack and Diane. I was bewildered by Boy George and the colors of his dreams - red, gold, and green. MTV played videos. Nickelodeon played "You Can't Do That on Television" and "Dangermouse". HBO showed Mike Tyson pummel everybody except Robin Givens, the bad actress from "Head of the Class" who took all Mike's cash flow.

I drank Dr. Pepper. "I'm a Pepper, you're a Pepper, wouldn't you like to be a Pepper, too?" Shasta was for losers. TAB was a laboratory accident. Capri Sun was a social statement. Orange juice wasn't just for breakfast anymore, and bacon had to move over for something meatier. My mom put a thousand Little Debbie Snack Cakes in my Charlie Brown lunch box, and filled my Snoopy Thermos with grape Kool-Aid. I would never eat the snack cakes though. Did anyone? I got two thousand cheese and cracker snack packs, and I ate those.

I went to school and had recess. I went to the same classes everyday. Some weird guy from eighth grade always won the science fair with his working hydro-electric plant that leaked all over my project about music and plants. They just loved Beethoven. Field day was bigger that Christmas, but it always managed to rain just enough to make everyone miserable before they fell over in the three-legged race. Where did all those panty-hose come from? "Deck the Halls with gasoline. Fa la la la la la la la la la," was just a song... Burping was cool. Rubber band fights were cooler. A substitute teacher was a babysitter/marked woman. Nobody deserved that. I went to Cub Scouts. I got my arrow-of-light, but never managed to win the Pinewood derby. I got almost every skill award but don't remember ever doing anything.

The world stopped when the Challenger exploded.

Half your friends' parents got divorced.

People did not just say no to drugs.

AIDS started, but you knew more people who had a grandparent die from cancer.

Somebody in your school died before they graduated.

When you put all this stuff together, you have my childhood. If this stuff sounds familiar, then I bet you are one too.

We are children of the eighties. That is what I prefer "they" call it. We are the children of the Eighties. We are not the first "lost" generation nor today's "lost" generation; in fact, we think we know just where we stand or are discovering it as we speak.

We are the ones who played with Lego Building Blocks when they were just building blocks and gave Malibu Barbie crewcuts with safety scissors that never really cut. We collected Garbage Pail Kids and Cabbage Patch Kids and My Little Ponies and Hot Wheels and He-Man action figures and thought She-Ra looked just a little bit like I would when I was a woman...

Big Wheels and bicycles with streamers were the way to go, and sidewalk chalk was all you needed to build a city. Imagination was the key. It made the Ewok Treehouse big enough for you to be Luke and the kitchen table and an old dark sheet enough to be a tent in the forest. Your world was the backyard and it was all you needed. With your pink portable tape player, Debbie Gibson sang back up to you and everyone wanted a skirt like the Material Girl and a glove like Michael Jackson's.

Today we are the ones who sing along with Bruse Springsteen and the Bangles perfectly and have no idea why. We recite lines with the Ghostbusters and still look to the Goonies for a great adventure. We flip through TV stations and stop at The A Team and Knight Rider and Fame and laugh with the Cosby Show and Family Ties and Punky Brewster and what you talkin' bout Willis? (Different strokes) We hold strong affections for the Muppet Babies and the Gummy Bears and why did they take the Smurfs off the air? After school specials were only about cigarettes and step-families, the Pokka Dot Door was nothing like Barney, and aren't the Power Rangers just Voltron reincarnated? We are the ones who still read Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys and the Bobbsey Twins, Beverly Cleary and Judy Blume, Richard Scarey and the Electric Company.

Friendship bracelets were ties you couldn't break and friendship pins went on shoes - preferably hightop Velcro Reeboks- and pegged jeans were in, as were Units belts, and layered socks and jean jackets and jams and charm necklaces and side pony tails and just tails. Rave was a girl's best friend; braces with colored rubberbands made you cool. The back door was always open and Mom served only red Kool-Aid to the neighborhood kids - never drank New Coke.

Entertainment was cheap and lasted for hours. All you needed to be a princess was high heels and an apron; the Sit N' Spin always made you dizzy but never made you fail to trip someone. In you Underoos you were Wonder Woman or Spider Man or R2D2 and in your treehouse you were king.

In the Eighties nothing was wrong. Did you know the president was shot? Star Wars was not only a movie. Did you ever play in a bomb shelter? Did you see the Challenger explode or feed the homeless man? We forgot Vietnam and watched Tiananmen's Square on CNN and bought pieces of the Berlin Wall at the store. AIDS was not the number one killer in the United States. We didn't start the fire, Billy Joel. In the Eighties, we redefined the American Dream, and those years defined us. We are the generation in between strife and facing strife and not turning our backs. The Eighties may have made us idealistic, but it's that idealism that will push us and be passed on to our children - the first children of the twenty-first century.

We had neighborhoods were ion the day we could play kick-the-can, "guns" and all of the things that made us grow up. There was always that one "field" that could be used for either baseball, football, homerun derby,or just a place to hang out. That was my field of dreams Mr. Costner. At night we would play flashlight tag. Just like we could trick-or-treat at night without the fear of being shot and killed. Just like our guns had caps or "lasers". If we didn't have the Jessie James guns we could just get a rock and smash the caps on the ground! We loved the orange race tracks...that was until our mother realized she could smack us with them. We were the kids that not only collected Cabbage Patch kids, but their ugly offspring-Garbage Pail Kids. We too collected football and baseball cards but it was because we wanted to be the first in the neighborhood to have the "complete" set. Sports were important, but not near as important as Friday/Saturday Night's Main Event with all of our favorite WWF wrestlers. We loved to imitate their moves..until someone got hurt.

In our neighborhoods we played with He-man and Skeletor. Going to get a Happy Meal on Saturday with dad or mom was worth waiting the other six days of the week. No, we are the furthest thing from a lost generation. Does going to arcades on saturday, getting carpooled to football with your best friend, eating fruit roll-ups, having birthday parties at McDonalds or Godfather's pizza or Noble Romans where you could make your own pizza express mean you are lost?

How many people melted their army figures that were given to them by their parents. Was Green Lantern the Coolest Super Hero or Aquaman? "Wonder twin powers activate!" How's about coming home at night and separating your candy into: The cool stuff, the homemade stuff, and the pennies...how's about the candy that came in that awful orange and black wax paper? Did you ever try it? Do you remember the one house that had a sign in the candy bowl that said, "take One." How many did you take if you liked it? Were you desperate one year and as a teenager you trick-or-treated?

Our generation had character and heart. We played with real baseballs and "Putt putt for the funofit." "Hey, my mom will take if your mom picks up! "Could you ever really beat Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom...How's about Adventure? Did you have sliced oranges or grapes for your half-time treat? How's about the hot dog and coke after each football and baseball games? Star Crunches? Whippy Dip? Twinkies? Ho-ho's?

This is what WE are all about! So if you are reading this and it ALL hit's home then you do indeed have a heritage or a generation. This is what makes us the most unique generation of all.

Never forget: We are the children of the Eighties.

Champion of the Force
Oct 7th, 2001, 02:27:35 AM
... and aren't the Power Rangers just Voltron reincarnated?
Damn bloody right! :rant

It was pitiful how so many children lapped up the stupid Rangers yet gave me blank looks whenever I told them about the wonders of Voltron. :(

Live Wire
Oct 7th, 2001, 02:32:52 AM
okay Im being nostalgic tonight! I think being a kid in the 80's was the best time to be a kid. Heres another list of stuff you might remember and this is the website if you want to read it there.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/4427/80slist.html

Be honest.....How many of these do you remember?
----------
You know you were an 80's kid if:

**You know what "Sike" means.
**You know the profound meaning of "Wax On Wax Off".
**You know that another name for a keyboard is a "Synthesizer".
**You can name at least half of the members of the BRAT Pack.
**You know who Tina Yothers is.
**You wanted to be a Goonie.
**You know who Max Headroom is.
**You ever wore Fluorescent, neon clothing.
**You could breakdance, wish you could.
**You wanted to dress like the Hulk at Halloween.
**You believed that "By the Power of Greyskull," you HAD the POWER.
**Partying "like it's 1999" seemed sooo far away.
**You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye.
**You wanted to be on Star search.
**You remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off
**You have worn a Banana Clip, or knew someone who did.
**You owned a doll with "Xavier Roberts" signed on its butt, or knew someone who did
**You knew what Willis was "talkin' 'bout".
**You HAD to have your MTV.
**You hold a special place in your heart for "Back to the Future"
**You know where to go if you "wanna go where everybody knows your name"
*You thought Molly Ringwald was REALLY cool.
**You actually thought "Dirty Dancing" was a REALLY good movie.
**You have heard of "Garbage Pail Kids".
**Punks actually "shocked" people
**You knew "The Artist", when he was humbly called "Prince".
**You actually saw Ted Danson as the Mac Daddy he played "Sam" to be.
**You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game.
**You own any cassettes.
**You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living on the moon.
**You remember and/or owned any of the CareBear glass collections from Pizza Hut Hut, Or any other stupid collection of glass they came out with.
**Poltergeist freaked you out.
**You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins or an ET lunch box.
**You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female smurf.
**You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish, or know someone who did.
**You ever had a Swatch Watch, or three.
**You had a crush on one of the Corey's (Haim or Feldman).
**You had a crush on Bo Derek or Heather Locklear.
**You remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.
**You had Wonder Woman or Superman underoos.
**You had a crush on Jon BonJovi, or knew someone who did.
**You thought eating Reeses Pieces would attract your own Alien.
**Your name is Jennifer or Jason.
**You have ever called 867-5309.
**You had a poster of Rob Lowe, Kirk Camron, or Michael J. Fox, or Ricky Shroeder on your wall.
**You held the top score on PacMan.
**You had MALL Hair.
**You owned a T-shirt that said, "I shot J.R." or know someone who did.
**You wore one or more thin rubber bracelettes, black or in multiple colors, or you wore them up to your elbow.
** "Gag me" is in your vocabulary
** Radical!!!
** You went on Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures and Bogus Journey ~ and you remember the cartoon version
** You read "Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret" for a book report.
**Snap bracelets were always getting you in trouble at school.
**You played with "My Little Ponies" or "G. I. Joes."
**Friendship bracelets were ties that couldn't be broken.
**You've ever read Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys, The Babysitters Club, or Sweet Valley High.
**You had a crush on one of the New Kids on the Block members.
**heaven forbid you wore one of those t-shirt rings or a scrunchi on one side of your shirt during your youth.
**You were styling with your french rolled pants.
**You wore multiple pairs of socks in the middle of the summer just so you could be "hip"
**You had puff painted your own shirt at least once.
**You were upset when She-ra, Princess of Power, and He-Man cancelled.
**You can remember watching Full House and Saved by the Bell for endless hours, back when they were new episodes.
**You have seen at least 10 episodes of Fraggle Rock.
**you always brought your sticker book to school
**you have a collection of hackey-sacks
**You remember Madonna in her cone stage.
**You remember M.C. Hammer.
**You can still sing the rap to "Fresh Prince of Bel Air".
**how many of you can recite the theme to Duck tales?
**You owned a pair of L.A. Gear, Keds, or Converse tennis shoes.
**The USA Cartoon Express every weekday morning
**My Little Pony, Gummy Bears,Transformers, You can't do that on Telivision, Noozles, KIDS Incorperated, Captian Kangroo,Double Dare, and Hey Dude are familiar to you. AND I WOULD LIKE TO ADD PUNKIE BREWSTER
**You actually spent countless hours trying to perfect the "Care Bear stare".
**You spent hours in the basement building and re-building Lego cities.
**Do Polly Pockets or Popples ring a bell?
**Big wheels and bicycles with streamers were the way to go.
**With your playschool record player you sang back up to Debbie Gibson.
**You stayed up all night listening to Teddy Rupskin
**Can we say Trapper Keeper?
**"Can you tell you how to get to Sesame Street?"
**If you wanted to be on the GLADIATORS!!!
**If you still have a crimper in your bathroom drawer
**If you remember singing Amy Grants "Baby, Baby"
**You owned a indiana jones hat
**You had more than one Star Wars action figure
**You loved your pink jeans and black stretch pants
**big loop earings
**If you wanted to pick a lock with a toothbrush just like MacGyver
**You wanted to travel through time on Quantum Leap
**If you remember when rollerblades were the new thing
**If you learned how to spell mouse from the Mickey Mouse Club theme song.
**you felt like a big girl when your mom bought you GIRL TALK
**You used to wear bright pink slip-ons and jelly shoes
**you used to compare your little brother to Ferguson
**You were scared of the Gremlins
**You remember when Ren and Stimpy was a new show
**When MTV was all about Rock Hard videos and BIG hair (first aired in 1981!!!)
**Pee Wee's Play House...
**Rainbow Brite and Strawberry Shortcake
**Fanny Packs
**If you can remember when you're "Kid Sister, Kid Sister" and "My Buddy, My Buddy"
**Who you gonna call....Ghost Busters
**The USA Dino Power Hour with "Denver, the Last Dinosaur" followed by "Dinosaucers."
**Pogo Balls
**Skip it
**Super Mario Brothers and Legend of Zelda, the cartoon
- Contributed by: lyredragon@hotmail.com
--ever had a crush on anyone In NKotB BEFORE they went solo
--remember when they WERE the New Kids on the Block
--remember when Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was a new thing
--ever wanted hair like Paula Abdul
--remember seeing SuperMario Bros. in the arcade
--absolutely HAD to have a pair of Jelly Shoes
--ever begged Mom & Dad for an 8bit NES
--your parents dressed you in StarWars clothing as a baby or toddler
--remember when new cars still had only lap belts in the back seat, and no back window light
--remember when your parents owned a Beta or took home movies with that type of cassette
--listened to 8 track tapes of Star Wars (Return of the Jedi) and Sesame Street
--remember when Oliver & Co. came out for the first time
--had Hammer Pants, or wanted some
--Ice Ice Baby. . .
--ever curled your bangs upward, and sprayed them in place there
--remember when the Minivan was a new thing
--the first movie you ever remember seeing is Return of the Jedi (on a drive in screen. I was three or so)
--Remember when the internet was a new thing
--remember when your parents owned a PC without a hard drive (1983-4, Heathkit)
--got into mom's makeup and smeared on the blue eyeshadow
--know that Michael Jackson's contribution to Free Willy first appeared in his Dangerous album
--remember most of the words to "We Are The World"
--played with the Little People when they were still a choking hazard
--remember when CD's were the new thing
--owned a red "speak and spell"
--ever tried to phone home on it
--owned a first edition set of NERF fencing swords
--remember when laser tag was new
--ever had to sit throught family slide shows, and realize now that your younger siblings have never seen a slide
--TRON and The Last Starfighter have special meaning to you
--played Zaxxon as a kid (arcade, Sega Master, or the Board Game)
--fished in the bottom of cereal boxes for the Thundercats insignia ring
--had, like, a TOTAL valley girl accent
--identified with Ramona Quimby
--remember when Chuck-e-Cheeses was Shobiz Pizza
--watched The Driods or Ewoks cartoons
--loved Benji
--Remember seeing the Challenger blow up on the evening news
--your parents put you to bed so they could watch The Who
--begged for fruit rollups and got Fun Fruits instead
--ever ate ET cereal for breakfast
--remember when BK did not have a kids meal
--remember when the Marlins and the Rockies were new teams
If you ever owned the action figures or remember someone who did own Destro, Cobra Commander, Snake-eyes, and Duke. (~DKGOD1@aol.com)
If you ever shouted or know someone who did shout the words cobraaa or yo-joe!! (~DKGOD1@aol.com)
You know who Jem and the Holograms are. (~JosepODo@clientlogic.com)
- contributed by gilmore@coollink.net
If you ever envied Jem for her purple duds.
If you OWNED a Jem doll or knew someone who did.
If you ever thought Jem was cool for being taller then your other barbies.
Can you chant the theme to Mighty Mouse?
Do you remember when Inspector Gadget was a NEW cartoon?
Count Duckula ring a bell??<---{was my favorite after SheRa}
You owned a game called SHARK ATTACK!
Invited all your friends to MEET ME AT THE MALL!
Splash was such a cool movie!!!
Your dream was to be a Teenage Witch {hense the film of the same name}
You cried during Mac and Me
Did ya have a slinky??
When Tom Cruise was that guy from Legend
You had a major crush on Barrett Oliver & Jonathan Brandis
Neverending Story was the "movie" to see.
Do you know all the words to Dance Magic?
Labyrinth was your FAVORITE movie!!!
Do you remember when Ferris Beuller had his day off?
oh PIPPY LONGSTOCKING!!!
Did you ever go to Pee Wee's playhouse?
Happily hummed along to Mr Roger's neiborhood.
The following movies were in your video collection: The Last Unicorn, Labyrinth, Neverending Story1&2, Legend, Adventures in Babysitting.
Oh let's not forget..Go ninja Go ninja Go !!
What about cutting or ripping a perfectly good/new pair of jeans so that you would look cool? (~killroy108@yahoo.com)
If you wore a red cardboard box on Halloween and called yourself Optimus Prime (~R_J_KING@prodigy.net)
- the Aussie 80's contributed by stucore@yahoo.co.uk
** hungry hungry hippos
** stone/denim wash jeans
** hot pink........for guys
** sk8 '88
** jason and kylie on neighbours
** it's a knockout!
** where's the beef?
** when mad magazines were cool
Roller-racers!!!! Those things where you had to move the handle bars back and forth to move. (Club94@aol.com)
JUST THE TEN OF US!!!! The spinoff of Growing Pains with GRAHAM LUBBOCK (Club94@aol.com)
-from jrberto@sfcc.net
-Remember when Simon LeBon flipped his sailboat and almost drowned.
-Belted out the "Reflex" on the playground
-Thought Wham! was so cool, and George Michael so sexy
-Were scandalized when the radios would bleep out "sex" from George's "I Want Your Sex"
-Couldn't decide who was cooler, Debbie Gibson or Tiffany
-Thought the Muppet Show was the coolest
-Tuned into the Dukes of Hazzard
-Wanted to go to Huntsville, Alabama to attend Space Camp after the Leah Thompson/Tate Donovan "smash" hit movie
-Thought Eric Stolz was some kind of wonderful
-Thought "Less Than Zero" was very edgy and exciting
-Hated Kelly LeBroc for being beautiful
-Thought Christie Brinkley would never hit middle age
-Thought Billy Joel was dreamy 'cause he landed Christie
-contributed by Daly@Tomah.com
--If you ever had a pair of pump tennis shoes, and actually thought they made you faster.
--One Question: Wanna Be Like Mike????
--If you remember when Bo Knew everything.
--If you remember when the Brewers were good and the Indians sucked.
--If you ever Returned to Oz.
**the maxie doll(abbrown@vt.edu)
**hello kitty and friends, and other sanrio products (abbrown@vt.edu)
**you remember "Breaking" and "Electric bogaloo" movies (nesmar2@hotmail.com)
**Glow worms, the smurfs, the snorks,and that other cartoon that came on after it and my little pony.... moon dancers or something? moon beams? (mahal_kita415@yahoo.com)
**the my little pony movie?? (mahal_kita415@yahoo.com)
* If you ever had a Miami Vice poster on your wall because Don Johnson was sooo Hot! (psychohl@yahoo.com)
* If you've ever been in the debate "Whose hotter He-man or Egon?" (psychohl@yahoo.com)
- if you can remember when the electric slide and the tootsie roll were new dances. (AlbaLeigh@aol.com)
- how about the funky chicken? (AlbaLeigh@aol.com)
- colt sewers, the"fall guy" of the 80`s in Germany, then the U.S. (DirkGrosshans@aol.com)
- How about leggo my Eggo? (Cathers7@email.msn.com)
- How about Remo Williams, and "parachute pants"? (malchicks@email.msn.com)
-the first time they sayd "bitch" on tv (begonias@hotmail.com)
-the electric slide! (begonias@hotmail.com)
-on growing pains when leonardo dicaprio was the poor kid [Luke] they took in but kirk cameron was obviously much cuter (begonias@hotmail.com)
* you hadn't the slitest idea of george micheal being gay. (serge@ny.com)
* remember how you wanted to have nike air 180 (serge@ny.com)
* wanted to have the he-man castle (serge@ny.com)
-if you ever owned or played Pigpong (tlc228@nyu.edu)
-if your favorite video's were sledgehammer, land of confusion (genesis), and take on me (a-ha) (tlc228@nyu.edu)
-if you remember california girls more for david lee roth than the beach boys (tlc228@nyu.edu)
-If you ever owned any madballs. (bacox@unity.ncsu.edu)
from ryan_daugherty@hotmail.com:
~ nash skateboards
~ Rad the movie
~ BK knights
~ camp anawana
~ butthead was an insult
~ battle beast
~ Masks (cartoon/toys)
~ hung out in arcades
~ bmx
~ remember the movie the wiz kid
- You were dying to learn to drive so YOU could drive K.I.T.T. (JMayo@fbainc.com)
- Everybody Wang Chung tonight (JMayo@fbainc.com)
contributed by abracken@gcfn.org
*You remember and/or even liked Milli Vanilli before the truth came out about them
*You owned a computer that you had to hook up to your TV so you could use it
*You remember when David Lee Roth left Van Halen and wound up doing worse as a solo artist
*Van Halen improved after adding Sammy Hagar as the lead singer
*"Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits was the coolest video
*You remember where you were when Ronald Reagan was shot
*You couldn't figure out what Boy George of Culture Club was
*You remember rock music before the "Parental Advisory: Explicit Lyrics" stickers
*The movie Poltergeist freaked you out.
*You remember when cell phones and pagers were new
*You thought Sigourney Weaver kicked butt in the Alien movies.
*You attempted to solve a Rubik's Cube
*You watched the final episode of M*A*S*H
*The California Raisins!
*You watched the wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Di
*You remember when rap/hip-hop consisted of Run-DMC, LL Cool J and the Beastie Boys.
*You remember New Coke
*You took the Pepsi Challenge
*You had never heard of the Internet
- from brian.rollet@temp-pro.com
-- playing Astrosmash on the Intellivision.
-- doing the Safety Dance
-- blowing half your allowance on 'Dragon's Lair' and 'SpaceAce'
-- Peter MacNicol was cool in 'DragonSlayer'
-- feather earings were the rage
-- paging Dr. Howser, Dr. Howser. (Doogie)
-- Johnny Bench and The BaseBall Bunch.
-- The SanDieago Chicken.
-- Pound Puppies
-- you know what an album REALLY is.
- from FilleAlienee@aol.com
1: If you ever watched Thundercats
2: Remember Gumby
3: Always wondered if Larke was gonna tell Bianca to back off -- Beverly Hills Teens
4: Wanted a talking car like in Knight Rider.
* When you clenched your fists and believed you could start fires. (Drew Barymore in Firestarter)(cminick@sos-inc.net)
*When there was a Burger Queen as well as Burger King (cminick@sos-inc.net)
*Mork & Mindy (cminick@sos-inc.net)
- Alf [Alien Life Form] (pylka@charter.net)
- You were a child of the 80's if you wore Z. Cavarechi pants. (gregg@pc4nothing.com)

**If you can identify with at least half of these, you are a child of the 80's!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 7th, 2001, 02:39:23 AM
Wow. I LOVE THAT ESSAY! Sit'N'Spin was so much fun! And I collected My Little Ponies. Mom thought that Barbie would send a bad message to me. (Looking at myself, its a good thing I didn't have aspirations to be 'just like Barbie':lol) My brother and I used to collect the styrofoam containers from McDonalds and make little play houses out of them for our action figures. A trip to McDonalds (in England) meant a train trip to Leeds until they finally built one in Harrogate which was much closer. It was two stories high, and we used to sit in the first tables at the top of the stairs, scrape our onions off our cheesburgers and look down at the people on the ground floor.

HeMan and SheRa are the coolest ever...although I never understood why they never got together. Thundercats were AWESOME (not mentioned in the above, but certainly worthy). Battlestar Galactica, Smurfs, Snorks, Dr. Who, DangerMouse (awesome!), Super Ted, and Muppet Babies were SO MUCH BETTER than Digimon, Barney, Pokemon, etc.

Ahh, I feel like I've been taken to the place where I just want to reminicse and say, "I remember when stamps cost 10 cents." Actually, I can't say that. I never paid attention to what stamps cost.

Live Wire
Oct 7th, 2001, 03:03:02 AM
I cant believe how much stuff there was. Rainbow brite, BABAR, Richie Rich, curious george, inspector gadget, USA's cartoon express, THE POPEYE AND OLIVE OYL SHOW!!!!

The days before the internet and we actually went outside to play!

Willy wonka and the chocolate factory
Remember when happy meals came in those cool boxes not the lame bags they have now!!
When you had to put together your own big macs!
The non disney version of the little mermaid!
And please tell me someone out there watched Gidget! And yes the sally field version was WAY better then the new adventures of Gidget with the blonde!
Tom and Jerry!
The flintstones, the jetsons, rocky and bullwinkle
The Ewok Movies!!!!!!

I better stop this is getting out of control!! :D

http://www.toonarific.com/

this site has a list of every cartoon you can think of and its great for remembering childhood obessions.

and the most important one they left out....

If you have ever worn you hair in princess leia buns!!!!!

Admiral Lebron
Oct 7th, 2001, 09:08:56 AM
I am a mid-eighties child and I too watched Voltron. Now, if the Blazing sword always worked, then why did they always try some other crap before using it? Did they actually like wasting time so the monster could destroy innocent people? Hmm..

imported_Eve
Oct 7th, 2001, 12:08:03 PM
:: sniff sniff ::

Yeah yesterday when I was "dying", my sister was cleaning the livingroom, listening to (over and over) Rick Springfield's "I wish that I had Jesse's girl". Ah what a GREAT song! I always get thrown back when I hear songs like that. Old Bon Jovi, Def Leopard, Whitesnake, 38 Special, etc etc.

See, with cartoons... they don't make them like they used to... now its like a still picture with just mouths moving. And the content was a bit more fantasical and creative. It's like they're scared to make cartoons about fairies, dragons, warriors, etc. Just superheroes now, which, in my opinion, have been bastardized. And hell, I can draw better than these people that produce the cartoons. I wouldn't give two seonds to watch the crap that's on now.

Movies, aren't made as good either. Now I love CGI characters, but the muppets just had something about them, that made the movies like I mentioned above more authentic. Look at The Dark Crystal for instance... such a fantasy film, where the WHOLE thing was fantasy, from the trees and plants to the characters. I mean the work that went into that, and a movie like Labyrinth was just phenomenal. Hasn't been movies made like that in years.

Nupraptor
Oct 7th, 2001, 01:32:34 PM
Let's form... VOLTRON! :D

I still have nearly every episode of Voltron on tape. And Thundercats. Man, I'm such a loser. :p

Admiral Lebron
Oct 7th, 2001, 06:16:22 PM
I always thought the green one was a girl.. until about a year ago.. then I found out he was a guy.