PDA

View Full Version : My top 25 Movies of all time

ReaperFett
Sep 28th, 2001, 07:12:57 PM
I'm bored, think I shall once again doa list :)

25. Idle Hands
24. Goodfellas
23. Mallrats
22. Out of Sight
21. Grosse Pointe Blank
20. Armageddon
19. Pulp Fiction
18. Desperado
17. Face/Off
16. Evil Dead 2
15. Die Hard
14. Three Kings
13. Mystery Men
12. Braindead/Dead Alive
11. Fight Club
10. A Better Tommorow
9. Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels
8. The Killer
7. Army of Darkness
6. Snatch
5. Boondock Saints
4. From Dusk til Dawn
3. The Way of the Gun
2. Reservoir Dogs
1. Hard Boiled

Mu Satach
Sep 28th, 2001, 07:14:56 PM
hmmm.... mighty fine list there...

will have to check out Hard Boiled as I don't think I've seen that one.

You liked Idle Hands????

WHY?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? :mneh

ReaperFett
Sep 28th, 2001, 07:17:30 PM
I just found it funny :)

JonathanLB
Sep 29th, 2001, 02:51:11 AM
Idle Hands is a very odd choice, but I've not seen it so no further comment.

A lot of those movies you have are definitely great, tons of action classics. I really like Snatch, Fight Club, Face/Off, etc.

Armageddon, though?!?! That's... honestly one of the corniest films ever made. I mean, the effects are good. Steve Buscemi is hilarious as always. Umm... Liv Tyler is hot. That is about all that I can say good about that film! Other than that, it's just a trashy blockbuster, no offense...

Still, if you like it, that's totally cool. I mean, I can think of worse movies you could put on your list.

My friend loved The Way of the Gun. I thought it was just decent. It had a great beginning and started to really lose steam I thought. I ended up giving it 2.5 stars for effort, but ah well, I have heard many people who really liked it.

Of course, you also put Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Dog Dew Piles on, which is one of the worst films ever made, lol. :) That's ok, though.

You got some good stuff! :)

ReaperFett
Sep 29th, 2001, 05:45:52 AM
Yeah, Armageddon is trashy. But I just loved the entire ride. It use top be a top 10 film for me, died down a bit :)

foxdvd
Sep 29th, 2001, 11:49:45 PM
Did you leave the Star Wars movies off on purpose? If not, then why does a person who would not even put one SW movie in his top 25 movies, doing at a SW message board?

ReaperFett
Sep 30th, 2001, 12:47:40 AM
Star Wars? Never heard of it :)

No, I normally explain, forgot. I never put SW films on. Because basically, SW isnt a film. It's films, books, games etc. It's more than a film.

And furthermore, If I put them on, theyd all be somewhere between 3-10. Makes a dull list then :)

JonathanLB
Sep 30th, 2001, 01:27:46 AM
oh no, you just reminded me of Billy Madison.

"That game SUCKS!"
"WELL YOU KNOW WHAT?! YOU SUCK!!!!"

foxdvd
Sep 30th, 2001, 01:34:06 AM
I can't make a top 25 list anymore..it changes to much..and I always forget movies that should be on there.

JonathanLB
Sep 30th, 2001, 02:38:24 AM
I do not put Star Wars films on either because they just occupy the first however many places, or four as the case may be now, five after Episode II, then six when Episode III comes out.

So, I typically make my list of "Best Non-Star Wars films."

I understand what you mean about Armageddon. To be honest, I really enjoyed it the first time I saw it, but the second time I was like, "Man, what was I thinking?!" The corniness of some of it just got to me, haha, like the singing, "Leaving on a Jet Plane."

JMK
Sep 30th, 2001, 03:26:59 AM
My list would contain non star wars, back to the future, indiana jones, ghostbusters, goonies....just can't put these movies in competition with regular movies.

Hart
Sep 30th, 2001, 06:11:30 AM
that list sucks :)

Jedieb
Sep 30th, 2001, 07:44:25 AM
Hey, didn't Mystery Men suck? ;)

Dutchy
Sep 30th, 2001, 06:16:49 PM
Originally posted by foxdvd
why does a person who would not even put one SW movie in his top 25 movies, doing at a SW message board?

Discussing about boxoffice for instance. :)