PDA

View Full Version : New RPF should be completed Sunday/Monday

Champion of the Force
Sep 26th, 2001, 07:50:02 PM
Just so all you guys know.

Apparently there's still a few confused posters around - both here and on the old board - who didn't know what is happening and assumed we're the new RPF board. rayra and co. have now provided a date so we can inform people should they come here, so they don't get TOO cosy. :)

On another note, Nup is becoming famous. All the RPFers are calling this the 'Nupraptor board'. :)

Q
Sep 26th, 2001, 07:52:19 PM
o_O

TheHolo.Net
Sep 26th, 2001, 07:54:16 PM
Forgotten again. :\ :p heh

TheHolo.Net
Sep 26th, 2001, 08:24:54 PM
A question I am wondering about....What should we do with our RPF forums after they move successfully? It would be good to keep the history, IMO, but I'm not sure we really need the open forum/forums for them if they have their own home.

Nupraptor
Sep 26th, 2001, 08:28:11 PM
I was thinking we could archive what's there and then have the forum name link to their new board.

Champion of the Force
Sep 26th, 2001, 08:42:09 PM
I would wait a bit and see what develops with the new RPF board.

Already some posters have indicated they love the new SWFans and would continue to post here if we left the RPF board here open.

Either way, what I was thinking is that we could put all the posts from the 2 archives into the Replica Props forum, then we can delete the archives plus the Off Topic forum (I don't think there's anything worth archiving in there). That way, we have 1 Replica Props forum.

After that, we could either have it serve as a link to the new board, or leave it open for posters to post in (if it serves as a link we should still leave the posts in there because then it looks like the forum is used - the first thing I usually check when I visit a new board is the posts per forum as it usually indicates how much traffic the site gets).

Does anyone here know what Brandon's final intentions were? The Replica Props forum was setup by him initially to support his own section on the homepage, so there's the possibility he may want a Replica Props forum to remain open here regardless of what happens.

We just wait and see I guess.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 26th, 2001, 08:43:22 PM
How about we combine it all into a single forum, place a link to their new home in the description, lock down the forum as an archive and place a top post there that also links to their new home?

I am in no rush to make any changes and will wait and see what happens though. :)

Champion of the Force
Sep 26th, 2001, 08:54:42 PM
Yes, let's wait and see. :)

Whatever we decide, there should be a Replica Props forum left on the main page (regardless of the purpose it serves).