View Full Version : So which board are we supposed to be posting to then?

Oohyeah KL
Sep 26th, 2001, 09:44:43 AM
Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but I must have missed it.

It's a bit confusing knowing which board to post to at the moment...

Stanze
Sep 26th, 2001, 10:14:02 AM
So which board are we supposed to be posting to then?

That one!:D

Axlotl
Sep 26th, 2001, 10:36:34 AM
I'm posting here because EzBoard is taking too long to load.

Oohyeah KL
Sep 26th, 2001, 11:03:50 AM
Thanks, Stanze... :)

But I don't think everyone has migrated here yet, cos many people still don't know about this side...

sabowan
Sep 26th, 2001, 12:25:40 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but I think this new board rocks! Now, I just can't wait to take a new picture to use for my avatar. Indeed!!

:smokin

leiasky
Sep 26th, 2001, 01:02:50 PM
and when is the other one no longer going to work?

Shinobi
Sep 26th, 2001, 01:26:32 PM
i suppose it will take some time before people start to migrate over here - but after all, it's not like this is a brand new forum out of the blue - it's still SWFans.Net - just on a new server. So hopefully it will be a smooth transition

Champion of the Force
Sep 26th, 2001, 06:52:18 PM
Ummm, all you people are aware that 2 of your prop fellows are setting up a brand new RPF board right?

Once completed, the RPF will move away from SWFans.Net (though there will be links linking the 2).

I don't know when they'll have it finished, but I heard by the end of this week if possible.

There's a poll somewhere on the old RPF about it. I think the response was 90% for 'Let's have our own board'.

leiasky
Sep 26th, 2001, 07:07:47 PM
Stupid me, I thought this *was* the new board they were working on... *sigh*.

Just when I was getting to LIKE this set-up too :)

Champion of the Force
Sep 26th, 2001, 07:14:47 PM
LOL - no, this is not the new RPF. That one should be forthcoming shortly. :)

I personally am looking forward to how the new RPF turns out - they haven't said what software they are using or anything. I just hope it has some of the features like this board since some RPF members have already been spoilt here. :)

ShadowKnight
Sep 26th, 2001, 08:10:15 PM
I want to get this right so I understand all the facts. I know that RPF is moving and all, but I was under the impression that this board would still have a replica forum. Will there be one here and at RPF, will the one here link to RPF, or will there not be one here at all? :confused

Champion of the Force
Sep 26th, 2001, 08:17:31 PM
There will be a RPF forum here.

However, we are still yet unsure as to whether that forum will serve purely as a link to the new RPF (ie. click on the forum name - get taken to the new RPF), or if it will be a proper forum right here on SWFans.

We have to wait and see how the new RPF turns out. For all we know, some may want to remain on SWFans and we would have to accomodate them. So at the moment we're still unsure.

SinkTube Jedi
Sep 26th, 2001, 08:21:01 PM
I guess I have been away....

ShadowKnight
Sep 26th, 2001, 08:22:03 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe we should take a vote on who will be posting on both boards. I know that's what I plan to do if you keep this one open to post. :) I really like this new board. There's so many options here, and I've already moved in anyway.

edited - spelling

Shinobi
Sep 26th, 2001, 08:24:25 PM
wah!!!! and i thought this WAS Cliff's board

now i'm seriously confused :confused

Champion of the Force
Sep 26th, 2001, 08:51:25 PM
Well, we could have a poll asking about it, but I don't think it would be a nice thing to do with the other guys working their heart out on the new RPF board. It would be better to wait at least until we see how theirs turns out.

Besides, we don't know what forum software they're using. It could have more options than our one (though I doubt it - vB is one of the best that's available at the moment). :)

I'm advocating a 'wait and see' approach to see how the posters react first before we decide or do anything.

ShadowKnight
Sep 26th, 2001, 09:43:25 PM
I see your point on the "wait and see" approach. I just hope that both boards will host replica prop forums when all is said and done. I plan on posting on both if there is. :)

leiasky
Sep 27th, 2001, 11:00:00 AM
I'd have to put my vote in for one or the other, not both. It's difficult to check multiple boards in a day :)

SinkTube Jedi
Sep 27th, 2001, 08:40:27 PM
Agree, one board is good enough, lately I have little time...

Hiyata99
Sep 30th, 2001, 07:25:40 PM
Originally posted by SinkTube Jedi
Agree, one board is good enough, lately I have little time...

Agreed. Let's wait and see how Cliff n' Nikki's new RPF forum software works. We definitely need our own space and ANOTHER prop forum just isn't managable for us people who have jobs and a life not to mention prop making ;) (no offense to those of you who have the luxury of surfing the net all day).

THe RPF and ASAP are all we need as far as props go.

Shinobi
Oct 2nd, 2001, 03:15:59 AM
definitely - i also agree with the wait & see approach

but if i know Cliff, i'm sure he'll come up with a great Board - it's just a matter of how much time i'll have to spend at all the different sites