feeling like I'm chasing
like I'm facing myself alone
I've got somebody else's thoughts in my head

I want some of my own
I want some of my own
I want some of my own

</font>

“Master?”

Marcus Q’Dunn, Jedi Warlord, looked up from the console he was working at. The room was reasonably choked with chairs, tables and electronic equipment, it had a background hum. The lights of the area were concentrated where Q’Dunn sat, lighting his work area. He saw a grey cloaked man, with his hood charaterisitically up, hiding his face. Q’Dunn already knew what he would see, the unusual blue upon blue eyes of a spice addict. A strange thing for a Jedi Padawan, but one that did not stop this man from being exceedingly effective. Gurney Devires, a Combat Instructor before they had met on Arcan IV, now part of the Warrior sect of the Jedi and also Q’Dunn’s second learner. The other was Jyanis Scorpion and to be honest, there wasn’t much the Master could teach him. Gurney on the other hand, was new and was proving to be a challenge. Q’Dunn had never actually trained anyone before, in his time in the Jedi before he had always declined to train. He knew that Darth Turbogeek had trained plenty – some well, some badly, but he, the real thing, had never.

Maybe he never really wanted to get close to anyone, as he had so many secrets and a past he wasn’t exactly proud of. Now, back in the Jedi after he had killed the clone and had been forced to realise what he was at Arcan IV, he was however keeping the fact he was a Jedi as quiet as possible. Most of the Jedi themselves were unaware, like the Galaxy they thought he was Major General James Tohmahawk, Commander of the New Republic Special Forces.

And even then, not many had a clue what that was either. A force many years in the making, just beginning to make it’s presence known in the Galaxy. Arcan IV, victory at Yavin IV, the big hit on ---------- and Trogan were all operations that had been wildly successful. Already they had detected Imperials trying to sniff what the NRSF was and maybe something darker as well. Trying to find out who was taking the fight back to the forces of evil and who was behind it. He grinned as he leaned back in his chair. They would find out when he was ready to announce it and not before.

His eyes scanned the Combat trainer standing quietly at the door. Tough, caustic, took no crap form anyone. Much like Q’Dunn himself. “Yes Gurney, what is it?”

“Tea Master?”

“Oh hell yeah. And drop the Master crap, will you, at least while no one is about. You know what I think of titles and nonsense”

“In public, I get to salute and call you Sir. You’re a bit different then”

“Yes, but its expected. The whole illusion of Tohmahawk…”

“Illusion my arse. Your Tohmahawk 100% - just because you’re a Jedi under a different name means little, you love barking and execising your rank… Sir”

“Guilty as charged. Over there thanks” He pointed to a clean bit of the table, where Devires deposited the steaming cup.

“What’re doing anyway? You seem to be in here for a while. Anything I can help?”

Q’Dunn picked the cup up, taking a sip. He was pleasantly surprised the brew was very good. Better than the cat piss other places on this planet. “This aint bad. Where did you get it?”

“Your mech tech, Smokey brewed it”

“Ahh, yes. Smokey was saying he couldn’t get a decent brew either. Must have bought something down from Defender” He changed subjects, back to what Devires was asking “I’m pulling up the records of Darth Turbogeek, such as they are. Someone was erasing them and nearly got them all. We only have left the secret ones the Jedi have”

“Who do you think did it?”

“Most likely the same group that somehow cloned Turbogeek”

“A Clone of a Clone. Makes my head spin sometimes”

“Me too. I wasn’t all that happy when I found out. Right now, I’m trying to track back to how it could have happened. Oh, take a seat, your making the place untidy”

Gurney grinned and took the indicated chair. “What do you have so far?”

“Well, to get a half sane clone, you need to block the Force. Thence the facility is on Mykyr. The known groups with access to cloning technology are very rare, in fact only one group has been proven to do it. We have evidence The Sith Empire use clones extensively and in fact that clown they have is a clone”

“Oh? That be news. So, they had the ability. How did they get the DNA sample?”

“Well, that’s what I am trying to work out. From what I can see, there was a Sith Master who was experienced at seduction and entrapment. I think she did it”

“Who would be stupid enough to succumb to one of those whores?” said Gurney

“Well, Turbogeek would not have been the first, just the most stupid. A Jedi Master should know better”

“Who was the Sith then?” asked the Combat trainer

“Lady Mara Jade. I fought her once a while ago. Capable as a fighter, but the real danger was her way to infiltrate and break the Jedi apart from the inside. She nearly did it once, not long after I left. She was known to entrap several Jedi”

“Really? Well, makes sense so far. Are we going to ask her ourselves?” Devires got a rather nasty grin on his face.

“Well, if she was alive, we would. Jade was killed a year ago” said Q’Dunn.

“Ahh, pity. Who got the bitch in the end?”

“Venom”

“Hang on, you said she was a Sith. What the frell is a Dark Jedi doing killing one of his own?”

“Because she wasn’t a Sith in the end. The exclamation point is that she was turned by Turbogeek”

“Your joking”

“No, I’m not” said Q’Dunn shaking his head. “And this is where it gets hideously confusing. I suspect there was something between them and after something Yog told me, I went searching. So far, I have come to mainly dead ends except one. Records say she was married to a …” Here Q’Dunn referred to his notes “Jedah Lynch, Sith Master of TSE. There seems to have been some kind of breakup, a violent one that lead to a kidnapping and a ransoming. Turbogeek was the Jedi negotiator who got her free – for a huge price. Two planets, 3 million credits and a Senate seat. I don’t care who it was, that was a huge ransom – for what? A screwup. Gurney, something here is very wrong here”

“I’d agree. Sounds like a honey trap that backfired and got both of them. She ended up dead and Turbogeek went nuts, until you killed him too, yes?” put forth Gurney.

“That’s about the summary. So, that leads me to conclude that Jade somehow collected DNA of Turbogeek, which lead to our new clone. I think we need to confirm somehow though”

“Ask this Lynch, maybe?” said Devires.

“Somehow I don’t think he’ll be obliging and honestly, I don’t have a clue whom he is. I will not try to attack anyone unless I have a clear and good plan to defeat them and anything they may reply with”

“Could another Jedi help us?”

“F*** the other Jedi Gurney. I want nothing to do with them. We do this ourselves and in our own way.”

“You have something in mind?”

“Hell yeah. Ever seen a Sith Thumper?”

“A Thumper I understand, but how does that…. Oh. How do you propose and what are you going to use?”

Q’Dunn leaned back, sipping his tea. “Darth Turbogeek was the Sith’s worst enemy. What do you think the Sith would do if Jedi Master Turbogeek made an appearance, say wrecking on of their operations?”

“I take you have something you want to kick over then?”

“Yes…. Intelligence just alerted us of a suspected Sith causing local trouble on Ukio. Shall we go set our Thumper?”

Force Master Hunter
Sep 27th, 2001, 06:08:59 PM
He looked out over the plains of the planet. This entire planet was one of the most richly resourced for food production in the galaxy, a prime prize for anyone. So far, it was neutral, but right now, negotiations were proceeding to bring Ukio in the New Republic. Tohmahawk didn’t actually think there was going to be many hinderances, all the Overleige wanted was a permanent NR presence to deter attackers and the underbelly of the galaxy. Of course the Senate was going to agree to that and the signatures were probably only a formality.

Except for the odd problems occurring. Someone was stirring a anti NR movement, which was perplexing the Overliege….

“And that’s why we asked the Senate for a Jedi to come. They populace truly wants the protection of the Republic, but this movement threatens our peace if we sign.” The man looked at Tohmahawk and Devires, who were both sitting across him on the table, Tohmahawk in his New Republic Special Forces dress uniform and Devires in his normal cloak that covers all his features “….and the Chancellor herself promised Jedi to help. So if I may askkk….”

“What are we doing here? I am a Jedi. My college here is one of the best agents the NR has, He has much experience in dealing with Force users and knows how to stop them causing trouble” rumbled Devires

“Yes…. But I have never heard of him before… no offence General, I am sure you are good, but Ukio needs someone proven to fix this”

“Can you stay silent, Overliege?” asked Devires?”

“Yes...”

“General Tohmahawk is the Commander of the New Republic Special Forces, an anti Force user division setup to deal with Force users and the problems they can cause. He has been hunting Rogue Jedi and Sith for a few years now and has claimed, personally some big names. I would not be foolish enough to face him”

“Really? Either you yourself are powerful in the Force or you have effective weapons. Which is it General?”

Tohmahawk was leaning back causally in his chair, He only moved his arm to draw out one of his Rail Guns. “I couldn’t pick up a pebble with my mind if I tried. Training and also this toy. Ever seen one?”

“It looks like a blaster. What use is that against a sabre?”

“Gurney, if you would please” The Jedi Padawan nodded, taking out a sabre he had been given for this trip. He ignited it and held it away from his body. Tohmahawk unloaded the clip, checked what was in it, then reloaded. He took careful ain and then fired at the blade. A resounding THUMP! followed, as the bullet shot out, clipped the blade and detonated, spreading a brief fireball and scattering the far wall with shrapnel. A few seconds later,s ecurity guards came rushing into the office, guns drawn.

The Overliege himself took somewhat longer to come out from under the desk and reassure the guards all was well. It must have been hard, given how shaken a white he was, but eventually they left, throwing suspicious glances at Tohmahawk and Devires.

“What… is that thing?” asked the still panicky Overleige.

“Rail Gun. Projectile weapon”

“A… a slugthrower? I have never heard of one that is so destructive!”

“Either do the Force users I shoot, my Lord. And strangely, their knowledge of that gun lasts about .5 seconds after they find out. Why would you think that is?” asked Tohmahawk with a evil grin.

The rest of the interview went quite well, with the Overliege promising full support and even allowing a detachment of NRSF ground troops for a few days to be on the planet, pending progress. A fleet of the NR was already in a parking orbit, along with a few missile cruisers of the NRSF. Devires and Tohmahawk left not long later, into what was beginning to be quite a pleasant dusk.

“Well, that went well” commented Tohmahawk

“Bet he has to clean his pants. That pop gun of yours was quite a demonstration. I sort of grateful that no one else has one of those things apart from us”

“Yep and it’s going to stay that way. Did you see the latest gizmo Tech came up with?”

“No?”

“Anti theft device. The Rail guns are beginning to get a DNA tester, anyone not authorised to depress the trigger sets of a self destruct. And any attempt to pull the trigger with say gloves on to circumvent will also get the same result. Plus, there is a remote det code, so anyone tries to piss if with one also gets a self destruct. Quite evil, really. Gives me a few ideas too”

Devires shook his head. “You would deliberately allow yourself to be disarmed, just to see a Dark Jedi’s arm blown off?”

“Yes… you think of a funnier trick to pull on one of those scum?”

“You have a strange definition of funny Sir”

Tohmahawk glanced at Devires. “Odd, I detect an amount of amusement on your voice too”

“Well….. okay, I’ll like to see it happen, at least once”

“Heh, we get lucky here and you might. Lets go back to our s rooms, I need to change out of this stupid uniform and into something a bit more appropriate for the job at hand”