PDA

View Full Version : final transfer of threads plan

JediBrain
Sep 22nd, 2001, 03:42:09 PM
Just curious here, but is there a plan to shut both boards down for a period of time to move all the posts?

I ask b/c right now we have copies of threads here that exist on the old forum as well. But, people are replying there and not here, so otherwise identical threads have more up to date replies at the old site. (I hope that was understandable)

I think what would need to happen is to shut both down so noone can post anywhere, move the posts one final time, and open up the old board with a message saying we've moved here.

I'm sure you guys are thinking about this, but I just wanted to know what the plan is.

Thanks
Brian

Champion of the Force
Sep 22nd, 2001, 08:30:53 PM
The RPF won't be moving here. In a week or so a brand new RPF board will be setup and all the RPF posters will move there. Until that happens, the old RPF forum on ezboard will remain open so everyone can just continue posting there without disruption.

The only reason the RPF threads were moved here was because when the vB guys transferred all the posts for us they did the entire board, which included the RPF.

Hope that clears it all up. :)