PDA

View Full Version : Hey Shackman!

miket723
Sep 13th, 2001, 02:23:38 PM
Shackman,

I remember seeing a tutorial you posted once about cutting and painting the frown on your ABS sun hat. Can you tell me if that's still up somewhere? I can't seem to find it. Also, did you find a particular gray paint that matches the decals?

Thanks,
- miket

ShackMan
Sep 13th, 2001, 04:11:04 PM
Hey!

Well, I posted somewhat of a tutorial on the MidWest Garrison's board. I don't have the link here at work. If no one else posts it before me, I'll get it to you after I get home.

You can go here:

albums.photopoint.com/j/A...owall=true (http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=467384&a=4731438&f=0&sp=1&showall=true)

To see the pics of my helmet. It has the shots of how I cut out the "frown" holes, and how the gray looks. Matter of fact, I've added photos on the last 2 weeks showing how the completed helmet looks today. Let me know what you think, and if you have any other questions. :)

Oh, I never found a matching gray. I asked another board member what he used, and it was Krylon gloss gray - so that's what I chose. The gray not match the decals is what led me to going the hard route (you'll see in the photos and read on the MidWest Garrison's board) ... I painted ALL of the gray areas on my helmet (trapezoids on the dome, tears, etc.). They all match now! ;)

Thanks,

ATM
wild_wire@yahoo.com

miket723
Sep 13th, 2001, 05:01:18 PM
Wow, looks awesome. I can't imagine how tedious that was to paint the tears, etc. Those photos definately help.

I just got my ABS yesterday, and haven't started any assembly yet. Maybe I'll see if a paint store can do a custom color match for me. Because I'd like to have the cut-outs, but I don't think I can paint the tears and such that well. Or maybe I'll just put the decal on for now, and remove it later. I assume that can be done easily?

Nice window sticker. Where'd ya get it?

- miket