PDA

View Full Version : Holy Christ!! Another disaster averted!!

CeSquared
Sep 13th, 2001, 06:49:01 PM
Three men from the UAE posing as pilots were arrested today. They tried to get on board a plane using tickets dated September 11. When questioned about this, they said they were pilots and gave authorities fake pilot's licenses.

Also, two men on Middle Eastern desent were arrested carrying luggage that had "CREW" written on the side. When authorities investigated, there were no records of these two men working for any airline.

It seems this is not over...

ViperPilot
Sep 13th, 2001, 06:50:42 PM
Source?

DrStranglove
Sep 13th, 2001, 06:52:02 PM
Where did you see this?

DrS

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more...or close the wall with our dead! In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility. But when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the Tyger. Summon up the blood. Disguise fair nature with rage, and lend the eye a terrible aspect."

leiasky
Sep 13th, 2001, 06:54:30 PM
This is why NY airports are now closed again and why they kept all national airports closed until they had security measures in place for catching any others who may still be in the country.

I haven't heard this on the news yet, however. What is the source?

Motorfish
Sep 13th, 2001, 06:54:56 PM
We need a source of your information. I can't find anything on it. Source please.

Grand Milk Carton0
Sep 13th, 2001, 06:56:01 PM
Of course it is not, It is said, and it's NOT 100% fact But when everything is over then the claim for responsibilty will come.. noone as far as I have heard has claimed responsibilty. I know some people have cooled off but those that are still clamoring for payback take this in mind This is a quote from another board I am part of and has been on my mind
This is all very scary. This is going to be a war with no front lines. Osama bin Laden and Co. has been at war with us for 10 years as far as they are concerned. 10 years is a lot of time to be able to cultivate their operations in the U.S. I hope everyone realizes that those 50 suspects are certainly not the only terrorists that are already among us. This is going to be a very very scary world we are living in. When the next attack happens, that's when the panic will start. You have got to know that if we declare war on terrorism and follow through with that, these people are going to fight back, and if people can't tell after Tuesday, they are not going to be fighting our soldiers, they are going to take it to our backyards.

It's won't be something that you can scream Go get him and then sit back and watch it on CNN,

Grand Milk Carton0
Sep 13th, 2001, 06:56:56 PM
www.msnbc.com has it listed as a breaking story but no link yet.

MattMunson
Sep 13th, 2001, 06:59:17 PM
Does this mean all of the 7-11's in my area are going to be shut down by the feds as a preventative measure??? ;)

leiasky
Sep 13th, 2001, 07:01:15 PM
GMC wrote:

<<It's won't be something that you can scream Go get him and then sit back and watch it on CNN, >>

No it won't. Because those waging this war are cowards with no faces who could care less if they target our military or our innocents.

leiasky
Sep 13th, 2001, 07:02:21 PM
MM wrote:

<Does this mean all of the 7-11's in my area are going to be shut down by the feds as a preventative measure??? ;) >

:rolleyes:

ViperPilot
Sep 13th, 2001, 07:03:27 PM
I want to know the source of the, "three men from the UAE posing as pilots were arrested today" and "two men on Middle Eastern desent were arrested carrying luggage that had "CREW" written on the side."

VP

Motorfish
Sep 13th, 2001, 07:06:49 PM
CeSquared:

Common man. today!

CeSquared
Sep 13th, 2001, 07:07:58 PM
It was on World News Tonight with Peter Jennings. I have not found a link online yet. Check your local news station.

ViperPilot
Sep 13th, 2001, 07:08:29 PM
This is all CNN has:
<hr>
Meanwhile, the Federal Aviation Administration said John F. Kennedy, LaGuardia and Newark, New Jersey, airports were shut down "due to FBI activity."

FBI sources say three people were detained for questioning after trying to purchase tickets at JFK Airport. The sources said the individuals' names registered some kind of alert.
<hr>

Motorfish
Sep 13th, 2001, 07:13:15 PM
This might be it:

www.msnbc.com/news/628563_asp.htm?0cm=c40 (http://www.msnbc.com/news/628563_asp.htm?0cm=c40)

CeSquared
Sep 13th, 2001, 07:13:46 PM
One incident was at JFK, the other was at LaGuardia.

The two AND Newark Airport have all been closed.

Initial reports that boxcutters were found on the suspects have been proved false. However, the people have been detained.

westies14
Sep 13th, 2001, 07:26:26 PM
This was just reported on the news here in MA as well.

forttusken
Sep 13th, 2001, 07:33:39 PM
Are you surprised? I am not. Closing the airports has just delayed more planned attacks. There will be other attempts I am sure. It is important to keep your eyes open especially if you are in an airport. We will all have to be suspicious and watchful as security and the military can't see everyone all the time. We all need to work together to flush these people out. I am not saying being completely paranoid but extreme suspicion is needed if we are going to fight this.

SinkTube Jedi
Sep 13th, 2001, 07:55:19 PM
Just comfirmed by MSNBC! Ye sfolks you saw it heard it first here!

ViperPilot
Sep 13th, 2001, 08:01:50 PM
Heard what here first? I'm still waiting for the source of , "three men from the UAE posing as pilots were arrested today" and "two men on Middle Eastern desent were arrested carrying luggage that had "CREW" written on the side."

VP

Master Windu
Sep 13th, 2001, 08:04:03 PM
Watch it, Matt, that sounds like a stereotype to me.

Silly customer! Please come again! :) ;)

killrmonkey
Sep 13th, 2001, 08:07:01 PM
According to the MSNBC story the reports that people were dressed in pilot uniforms were false. However there were three or four arrests at JFK and two in Germany.

Jason

ViperPilot
Sep 13th, 2001, 08:17:32 PM
Which is my point, CeSquared's entire post is false.

Just what we need in these times, Chicken Little.

VP

Darth Hez
Sep 13th, 2001, 08:48:20 PM
Which is why I asked for continued discussion to go in the OT forum. There's going to be a lot of rumours and stories flying around in the next few days, and we really don't need every single one of them posted here. We don't ned any of them posted here in fact.

There are better sources for FACTUAL info than this board. If you are interested in keeping up with what's going on with the hunt for the terrorists, or other breaking stories, turn on your TV, and go to CNN or whatever else you prefer.

CeSquared
Sep 13th, 2001, 08:59:44 PM
Viperpilot, why don't you turn on your televison. Three other people here have posted they have heard about it too.

BTW, what was your "point" smartguy?

Albi Wan Yankovi
Sep 13th, 2001, 09:06:07 PM
I'll back you up CeSquared. I heard on CNN, MSNBC, and FOX the same exact things.

beaz
Sep 13th, 2001, 09:35:21 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why a few folks think they need to post everything that they see on the news. Are there actually other people who are coming to this forum for news on this situation? In the unlikely even that this is so, here are some better news sources:

www.cnn.com (http://www.cnn.com)
www.msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.com)
www.foxnews.com (http://www.foxnews.com)

Here's a newsflash guys:

We are all watching the news!!

Now cut it out.

I mean it.