PDA

View Full Version : Imperial troops have entered the base!imperial shshsh!?

The Apt Pupil
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:08:34 AM
having just read about the fiasco regarding the julia jade thread has left me somehwhat jaded.in matter of fact i have lost my thread!?!.i didnt realise that 'newbies' to such communities were scrutinized to such a level its like breaking into a Imperial bunker on a forest moon....
for the record im a film lover akin to most of you i wager in any sabacc game and it doesnt stop at Star Wars.only recently have i got inot the prop and costume side of the fandom.being based in the uk its is more difficult to get hold of items and clothing hence im here talking to you guys.in matter of fact your' my only hope' .so if you want to grill me and get to the sauce of my identiy' bring em on i prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around'...
any feed back (and to previous posts) would be greatful cause i am but the learner .come on guys tellme howit is onhere!!!!

LZeitgeist
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:19:23 AM
We know what props you have...

We know what props you make...

We know what kind of car you drive...

We know what you had for lunch yesterday...

We know the name of your significant other's sister's best friend's uncle's dog...

We are the all-seeing eye...

We are...

THE REPLICA PROPS FORUM.

Beuwhahahahahaha....

;)

Yodaman2
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:22:27 AM
My advice is to just give it time and get to know people here. New members tend to jump right in and sometimes try too hard. Most people build trust over time, so just don't expect too much too soon from members. And please don't ask about where to buy ABS sunblock...:)

Just my 2 cents worth & welcome aboard....

~Neil

Quinlon Vos
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:40:01 AM
Welcome The Apt Pupil.
Where abouts in London? There are a couple of Londoners here (me included)

-Vos

The Ancient Enemy
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:40:55 AM
Welcome to the board.It's not that we scrutinize newbies here to scare them away.It's just what with all that has gone on recently with Lucasfilm's legal department we're wary now of newcomers.A lot of newbies introduce themselves and in the same thread ask where they can buy stormtrooper armor.Not exactly the way to get started here.
With JJ,it's a little different.Being a uber hot chick sets off flags immediately.Not that there aren't good looking women here,there are,but we know them and that they are real.Some people get their kicks by pretending to be some hottie just to stir the pot,especially in a male dominated forum such as this.Most of us know that and are really cautious about someone who posts a picture of themselves,a "posed" picture no less,and starts asking about props without telling/showing us their collection.
Again,welcome to the board.Give it some time and you'll be one of us in no time:)
Take care,
TAE

TheLivingForce
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:41:59 AM
Welcome Apt. Pupil!!!

Do not let what happened with JulieJade make you hesitant in any way whatsoever. From one current newbie to another, just be yourself, and very honest, and truly appreciate what these people create, assist with, and present. I have seen such wonders here that I thought I would have to travel to a convention before to see...not anymore..this place is incredible. Definitely take into consideration what Yodaman said about asking about certain things, because things have been shaky recently due to certain circumastances. Trust is a biggie around here, but it is worth earning around here, becuase there is a such a diverse group here with many talents, that should never be taken for granted. I have never been so excited to see projects progress or see a new prop or costume...kid in candy store syndrome:) I hope this has helped to open the door a little for you. Enjoy your stay, and welcome to the forum!!!

-Neal

The Apt Pupil
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:42:22 AM
'who are you?
what do you want?
where am i?
'we need information
you are no. 6......i am not number i am a free man.....'

thanks guys for enlightening me i appericate it ,i feel less of a prisoner :)
im not looking to become bestest buddies or incur a wookie life debt-i 'd never join a club that would have me as a member- anyway!but if we make a through connections along the way we are all better human beings for it.
even if its just typeface on the edge of the screen in the end -seperated by the Trans-atlantic ocean and lots of cold circuity
im 'just passing through...' just as Snake was when he landed on L.A. and met DEATH (Hell's sercurity guard )turns out the Grim reaper(the boat man) is a surfer in his spare time!a real 'easy rider'....

'being seeing yah'

The Apt Pupil
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:48:14 AM
hi Vos 'so your local?!.....'(league of gentlemen)
im from se london catford you know it?check my profile for myother details.what you into ?and where abouts you from?and whats the score
love to chat to some real 'locals' :)

Quinlon Vos
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:54:31 AM
I'm from North West London (Edgware) Couldn't be that much further from you without being out in the sticks.
I work as a graphic designer in Colindale (exotic location NOT!)

I'm into mainly Star Wars hardware with a bit of BladeRunner thrown in for good measure - click my banner below if ya wanna see my stuff.

Vos

trammel
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:56:47 AM
Welcome to the board. :)

-Tom

The Apt Pupil
Sep 14th, 2001, 09:07:15 AM
great site Vos!! where do you get the chance to wear these wonderful garments..i myself am into wearing subtle variations of star wars clothes ie han solo or luke bespin ,and incorperating them into normal wear to be worn outside.and where do yougo to get your clothes made?

Quinlon Vos
Sep 14th, 2001, 09:19:07 AM
great site

-thankyou

where do you get the chance to wear these wonderful garments

-when finished, they are gonna be for mannequins, although I will find it hard to resist wearing a Boba Fett costume.

where do you go to get your clothes made?

-from various talented people that I have met online.

:)

The Apt Pupil
Sep 14th, 2001, 09:26:52 AM
cool Vos

Quinlon Vos
Sep 14th, 2001, 10:15:17 AM
I have one made by Katarra Kreations.

Here is a link to a couple of pics:
albums.photopoint.com/j/A...870690&f=0 (http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=953452&a=11870690&f=0)

It is too small for me, but will be going on a mannequin once I get the boots made anyway.
I also have their Luke Bespin belt, which is pretty good for the money, but there are better ones out there.

jt001
Sep 14th, 2001, 10:23:14 AM
Welcome to the board!!!

jt001

The Apt Pupil
Sep 14th, 2001, 11:17:15 AM
Vos, whats your opinion of the luke bespin outift from KK?is it a 100% recreation from the movie as in what you expected when you ordered?
whats your opinion about kattara kreations customer service ,quality and price cause i am in the process of purchasing the luke bespin outift any advice?or are there better places to get a better quality/100% reproduction as seen on the screen .
p.s. hi anyone else whos had the time to say hello,your all shining stars- guiding lights- in my clouded moltaran nebula