PDA

View Full Version : FedEx resumes service - props are moving again...

LZeitgeist
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:14:00 AM
Whoohoo! :cool:

TheLivingForce
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:46:33 AM
Yipee!!

http://www.ukobservers.net/cwm/cwm/big/biggrin.gif

....come to me little Indiana...come to me quickly....

jt001
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:56:28 AM
You seem happy, living force. :p

COOL!!!!!!!! How about USPS?

jt001

trammel
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:57:48 AM
Great news! :D

I have two sabers on the way from Hong Kong. :)

-Tom

TheLivingForce
Sep 14th, 2001, 09:06:09 AM
Yes jt001, I am a wee bit http://www.duhspot.com/users/smiley/s/cwm/3dlil/eyes.gif excited about getting my Toys McCoy recast from Shawn.

http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicfrm21.showMessage?topicID=4080.topic (http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicfrm21.showMessage?topicID=4080.topic)

It is the answer to the last bit of sanity I've had with the whole Scott Hawkins thing for the last eight months going on nine.

-Neal

jt001
Sep 14th, 2001, 10:15:08 AM
http://www.duhspot.com/users/smiley/s/cwm/3dlil/eyes.gif Funny icon!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jt001

jt001
Sep 14th, 2001, 10:15:34 AM
I also have some stuff coming my way!!!!!!!!!!!!

jt001

Helmschmied
Sep 14th, 2001, 10:27:13 AM
I dont mean to sound like a jerk, but perhaps the title post
"FedEx resumes service" is plenty descriptive.

Some of us, such as myself, lost friends and associates in the attacks and even though I have tried to move on and resume some of my daily routine and sanity, I am bothered by the "props are moving again" part....it just doesnt sound very good at this time.

H

TheLivingForce
Sep 14th, 2001, 03:51:46 PM
Hello Helmscmied:)

I apologize in any way if I offended you by sounding too cheery already regarding the Fed Ex thing or making it sound like all I cared about was getting what was coming in the mail. Trust me, you do not in any way spund like a jerk at all. I meant no harm in doing so, and I feel for your losses, as someone close to me has lost someone as well. I doubt anyone that either posts here or anywhere for that matter mean any disrespect to those who have lost someone. My best wishes go out to you, your friends, and family, Helmschmied:)

With Force,
-Neal

LZeitgeist
Sep 14th, 2001, 03:52:55 PM
Oh, *PLEASE*... :rolleyes:

WTF do you think this board is here FOR???

Don't take this personally, but if you are so 'bothered' that you feel thinking about props is inappropriate, then why the hell are you reading this board at this time? Don't get me wrong - some of "US" have friends that are still unaccounted for as well... so please stop preaching about how we should all be in self-flagellation mode until you decide you're happy enough that we can all talk about props.

I apologize for the tone of voice, but your comment *really* struck a nerve.

----------------------

I don't know about any of the other services - the only reason I know FedEx is moving again is because I had sent out a package on Monday the 10th, and the FedEx website showed it sitting on the ramp at RDU airport (where it started from) until today, just before I made the original post.

Patrick W. Heinske -- TheSanctum@aol.com

ZackR
Sep 14th, 2001, 04:03:22 PM
Sorta OT to this thread, but sorta not...I wonder if the Larbel gfx's have started shipping yet? I believe Larry uses Fed-Ex.

Helmschmied
Sep 14th, 2001, 04:13:36 PM
LZeitgeist,

I wasnt trying to preach to you at all. I just thought the "FedEx resumes service" was all....the "props are moving again" part struck MY NERVE as being rather brusk in the light of whats happened.

You took my thoughts as something personal. It wasnt intended to offend you. However, I am bothered when, after something like this happens...people tend to just say ah gee that sux, and then seem inconvenienced when their own lives are affected in light of something far worse that happened so someone else. I TOO have incoming and outgoing things like props and pieces that will be affected by the shipping delay...but while Im not a saint, I knew that it was hardly the time to worry about those props in the mail. Call it tact.

So, its not a big deal ultimately. Do what you want to do.
H

LZeitgeist
Sep 14th, 2001, 04:30:03 PM
(Note: I'm not angry or upset as I type this, so please read this post in a calm and reasoned tone, rather than allow your mind's ear to hear a continuance of the harsh tone used in my previous post.)

Actually, the MAIN reason I included the "props are moving again" part in the Subject Line was the hopes that it would remain in the Prop Forum instead of being shunted off to the Off-Topic Forum.

I understand you didn't intend to make your post personal to me, and again, I apologize for the tone of voice I used up there, but at the same time, I fail to see how a positive step towards recovery from the standstill the country has been in since the attacks (that step being the ungrounding of airplanes, not only for freight, but also to get stranded people back home to their loved ones) could be misconstrued as having a negative effect on the period of mourning the country is in right now.

I see the release of the restrictions on aircraft being a very positive step in the direction of the US's getting back on their feet again and getting ready to stand up for what needs to be done. It is *not* a negative thing.

Patrick W. Heinske -- TheSanctum@aol.com

Helmschmied
Sep 14th, 2001, 04:41:37 PM
Actually, the MAIN reason I included the "props are moving again" part in the Subject Line was the hopes that it would remain in the Prop Forum instead of being shunted off to the Off-Topic Forum.
----very good point. [Shakes hands] :) :)
Helm

LZeitgeist
Sep 14th, 2001, 04:49:53 PM
Thanks. [shakes hands right back] :) :)