PDA

View Full Version : Magazine question for Airsofters re: CA and Marui

CeSquared
Sep 13th, 2001, 11:44:45 AM
Does anyone know if Classic Army's mags fit into Marui's guns? They are $13 cheaper per mag for the hi-caps and I am getting 5 M16 and 5 MP5 mags. As far as I know of, CA doesn't even make a M16. Just parts. I guess I just wanted to know if I could save some bucks or is it better to get mags made for the specific guns?

ragacin
Sep 13th, 2001, 12:14:56 PM
I have always gone with Marui parts after the horror my friend went thru with the shoddiness of a MP5 CA conversion. The Marui parts look and work better IMHO.

CeSquared
Sep 13th, 2001, 12:58:12 PM
Thanks Don. I was leaning towards paying more for the Marui mags, but just wanted a second opinion. I guess the resale value would be better too if I went with the Marui mags.

noonch
Sep 13th, 2001, 01:24:31 PM
I use exclusively Marui magazines. Each magazine (CA or Marui) is standard and can be interchanged between the different manufacturers weapons. It depends on what your intended use is. With the experience I have with AirSoft:
http://www.thepunisher.com/war_rooms/Mvc-014f.jpg
I prefer to use standard as opposed to high-cap magazines. More realistic in a skirmish environment, and with the high-cap, you have to keep winding that damn wheel on the bottom after almost every shot. The wheel and mechanisms inside a high-cap tend to wear out also, where a standard magazine spring is pretty resilient, and I have never had any problems.

CeSquared
Sep 13th, 2001, 02:29:30 PM
Noonch, Thank you for your input. I didn't know the hi-cap's had to be adjusted. I might just go with the standard then. I don't use the full auto very often anyway so I guess I can conserve ammo that way.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=853562&a=6209517&p=54097918&Sequence=0&res=high

JEDIKNIGHT3PO
Sep 13th, 2001, 02:51:55 PM
Noonch: That is an awsome collection!!!! Who do you usually buy from? Do you have the LAM unit for the SOCOM Pistol??

bothanspy
Sep 13th, 2001, 02:56:21 PM
As far as I know, the CA MP mags can be used with the Marui guns, but quality wise, Marui parts are much better. You pay for what you get ... I have always went with Marui accessories, plus I prefer standard mags, which simulate real mags capacity, and require mag changes (which is part of the gun) and I hate the dial wheel on the high mags (just does not feel right to dial the wheel for ammo).

CeSquared
Sep 13th, 2001, 11:15:43 PM
Calvin, where do you get your supplies? I can't find a place in the Bay Area that sells Airsoft guns or supplies. I've been to almost every gun store around me.

darthleester
Sep 14th, 2001, 12:56:42 AM
CeSquared,
try Airsoft Extreme. They're a Northern California airsoft retailer with great prices and customer service.

Lee

<a href=http://airsoftextreme.com/store.html>airsoftextreme.com/store.html</a>

CeSquared
Sep 14th, 2001, 11:55:44 AM
Thanks Lee,
I know about Airsoft Extreme. One of their gunsmiths are based out of San Jose. However, as far as I know of, they are just a distributor. They do not have a store. I guess I will have to go up to Rocklin.

noonch
Sep 14th, 2001, 12:07:28 PM
I order most of my parts and guns from over seas. I have yet to have a problem with customs. You will find that there are little to no AirSoft stores around. We have two here in So. Cal., but the prices are so high it’s not worth stopping in. One of them has a ton of guns on the wall, but they are only to look at and you have to pay and have them order it for you.

Your best bet is to order parts from over seas. Parts and magazines don’t raise a flag with customs. I usually get a few guys together and place one large order to save on shipping. But remember, there is a shipping AND U.S. Customs charge on all over seas orders, that is why I recommend combining orders with someone if you are going to do it.

I suggest the following websites:

www.dentrinity.com
www.redwolfairsoft.com
www.gunsandguys.com

I have ordered from each. Red Wolf is not as good as Den Trinity. The last order from Red Wolf came very badly packaged. But the last few from Den have been wonderful. Especially for parts !!!!

If you are going to order a gun, I suggest Guns-n-Guys. They have the best prices for Guns, but they only accept a bank transfer to their account, which will cost you a $30.00 fee at your local bank. So remember to factor that into the price.

Good Luck.
Adam-

P.S. No, I don’t have the L.A.M. unit for my SOCOM, but it’s on my want list…….

CeSquared
Sep 14th, 2001, 01:09:59 PM
Man, that sucks that you have to pay, THEN they order it for you. What kind of @#%$ is that? Don't they know you can order it yourself without the middle man? Morons...

I got my M16 from DEN and the M3 and MP5 from Airsoftshop.com. DEN was awesome, I got my gun in three days. Airsoftshop was still pretty good, but it took about 5. I've heard bad things about Redwolf, but I'm going to try getting some parts from them anyway.

I am also going to try the Wargamer's Shop. They have the cheapest BB's and Marui shotgun shells.

I don't know about that additional $30. I could get another mag and some BB's for that!! :)

noonch
Sep 14th, 2001, 01:50:28 PM
Right....

The last gun order from RedWolf came very badly packaged.
I could hear the bb's falling out of it and hitting my driveway as the postman was brining it to me.

So.....no more guns from RedWolf.

Good Luck !!!!

bothanspy
Sep 14th, 2001, 02:05:20 PM
Like everyone else, I ordered from overseas, both DEN and Redwolf. However, a local supplier - Sakura Hobby was my best source, as he has them with full trademarks + no red painted tip, but last I heard he is moving to LA and is getting out of the airsoft business, so my search goes on ...

Jedi Infinit
Sep 14th, 2001, 04:19:16 PM
Im getting ready to sell my Marui MP5 A5.
I also have Battery / Charger / Discharger
Marui Tracer Unit
and two (or was it three) Extra Marui Magazine Clips

Before I put it on ebay...is anyone interested? Make me an offer.
Thanks

Jedi Infinit

Army Scout
Sep 14th, 2001, 04:34:03 PM
Email sent Jedi Infinit!!!

Chris

hollywoodhardware
Sep 14th, 2001, 04:57:13 PM
Hey noonch!

Can you give me the addresses of the Southern California Airsoft shops??

Best

Thomas

hypospray
Sep 14th, 2001, 09:56:48 PM
anyone interested in selling an mp5k? ;)

i am ordering a p90 from airsoftshop.com, but need two guns for fights with a friend. I was going to just tack on an mp5k, but if anyone has one to sell, let me know :)